Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One day trip to the central Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One day trip to the central Iran
    Posted: 02-Apr-2012 at 14:20

Two days ago I visited some historical cities and villages in the kavir desert in the center of Iran, one of them was the famous red clay village of Abyaneh (Ancient Viuna) that I posted some pics of it in another thread.

From the main road there was about 22 km to Abyaneh, 6 other villages also existed in this region, most of them seemed to be historic, this is an old castle in one of these villages:

An this the ruin of an ancient castle above a rock near Abyaneh:

Abyaneh is really a unique village in all its aspects, as you read in Unesco website: http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5197/ Abyaneh has kept its architecture, ceremonies and culture, language, clothing and etc.

My pic in this village:

People of Abyaneh:

A poor blonde boy who was selling Lavashak (Persian fruit leather) and some other things:

A Mosque in Abyaneh:

Other pics of Abyaneh:

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2012 at 14:34
Very interesting, Syrus, thank you fro sharingSmile!
 Post Reply Post Reply