Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Al Qaeda’s Network in Iran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al Qaeda’s Network in Iran
    Posted: 30-Mar-2012 at 08:49
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 09:32
Well it worked tricking people Iraq had weapons of mass distruction, so I suppose pretending a group that dispises Iran and wants to destroy the Shiite religion is hand in hand with them is going to work too.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, what are the people that have been fooled a hundred times and are now in the process of being fooled for the hundred and first?
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 09:52
yepper. it's real and they do cooperate. Inter-theological rivalries and self destructive agendas aside. Don't believe that and you will be fooled again indeed. Very old trick. Enemy of my enemy sort of thing...but you knew that...must've just slipped yer mind. Wink

My advice? Do more research and don't necessarily concentrate on the dismissive approach of US efforts.
There's more then just them out there producing and agreeing with the estimates.Thumbs Up

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 31-Mar-2012 at 09:53

S. T. Friedman

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 10:31
Lol, no the Iranian regime is so against terrorism we should give Ayatollah a peace prize just like Obama.... hahhahahaa
Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 18:20
I can't see Al Qaeda working with the Iranians. They hate each other
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 20:28
yepper...like I said keep right on not believing.... LOLLOLLOL.

Al Qaeda in Iran

Why Tehran is Accommodating the Terrorist Group

Al Qaeda in Iran

The U.S. finally acknowledges the terror connection.

Iran, Qaeda exploit Yemen uncertainty: US envoy

Iran and al Qaeda’s Shadowy Relationship Could Firm Up This Spring

Iran strengthening ties with al–Qaeda, say intelligence chiefs

Iran's Link to Al-Qaeda: The 9-11 Commission's Evidence

The deaf-dumb-blind and ostrich types will remain so..tis their nature.LOLLOLLOL

But don't say you were not warned.Wink

S. T. Friedman

General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 21:06
Well, to be faire towars Nick, such news is surfacing back at a pretty convenient time... Not that it's one bit lacking in truth. To be honest why the hell would it matter if they are allied to AlQaeda or not? They're already held at pretty low esteem globally, they are trying to get a nuke and have already threatened to block the strait of Hormuz amongst other threatening messages they've been sending this past year.... This is a bit like discovering Hitler strangled a kitten when he was a child, changes nothing!
Timidi mater non flet
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 21:22
Nah I ain't dumping on ole Nick....he ain't deaf-dumb-blind or an ostrich type let alone stupid. Nor is he a covert supporter of the idiots in terrorist sponsoring states/organizaitons like Iran and AQ anymore then you or me. But his opinion is misinformed and unrealistic,imo, given the evidence and the agendas-actions of the aforementioned.

And because he is my pard....I got to let him know I disagree.

He can believe what he wishes. But he still gonna hear from the Llano even when he doesn't necessarily want too.LOL

As for convience of the link....nope it was evident back when the commisison did it's report. It was evident for those of us who knew the probability of joint action even given the theo differences. It never was a question of probability and or plausibility...merely 'when'. And when were the appeasers and politco's at the state department going to to quick ducking the truth...and keep the sheeple informed.Wink

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 01-Apr-2012 at 01:19

S. T. Friedman

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 23:59
propaganda

History Planet Website
<br /
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 00:45
Your usual gallant, feigned intellectualist, attempts at sardonic cynicism are slipping Toltec ole son.....please pick it up.Wink
Or alas I predict... yours.. will fall not only in reputation here.. as elsewhere...but God forfend. You will be cast amongst and into the trivial and mundane school of the alleged philosophers of the inane by your observers. Whether they will return as loyal followers is debatable.

I can only hope for the best for you.Clap

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 01:15
Al Qaeda's movie industry in cooperation with Hollywood presents You:Al Qaeda's network in Iran!LOLBig smileLOL
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 06:53
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Your usual gallant, feigned intellectualist, attempts at sardonic cynicism are slipping Toltec ole son.....please pick it up.Wink
Or alas I predict... yours.. will fall not only in reputation here.. as elsewhere...but God forfend. You will be cast amongst and into the trivial and mundane school of the alleged philosophers of the inane by your observers. Whether they will return as loyal followers is debatable.

I can only hope for the best for you.Clap

You can't win! CV was nice about my blog in a dozen posts over the last few months, so when it comes to disagreeing with him in this post I thinks, must be restrained and nice to him (him alone mind you). And what do I get for attempting this magnanimous act? Bitten........... We'll once bitten twice shy, as CV has taught me normal sardony will continue as usual.

History Planet Website
<br /
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 11:33
Sardonic cynicism is one thing Toltec.
And within reason is not going to cause any problems. It's a poor form of counter expression usually used when someone is losing a debate but feels the necessity to continue it merely because they have no immediate and more worthy response. But if and when it begins to infer other and certainly that of a personal nature that is rude or disrespectful... you wont find it's use here acceptable. You already know this.
Nor will you be expressing it in that fashion. Period.  And you already know who determines that so we need not bother going there.
The example above was fine. My only complaint was you have done better.
As for your blog? Your blog deserved recognition. That's why it received it. But if you believed there was a hidden quid pro quo arrangement you were mistaken. For in truth 'being nice and or restrained' even when disagreeing shows a sensible and friendly attitude that facilitates communication. That should have been your concern for all. Not just attempting to make me an exception.

Consequently, no further communication along these lines is necessary. Unless you wish to do it PM as directed in the CoC. So get back to my op or you will find yourself revisiting the same CoC reference trolling. And you also know where that migh lead. Accept this in the friendly fashion it's being given or move on to other venues. The choice is yours.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 01-Apr-2012 at 11:40

S. T. Friedman

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2012 at 21:57
I find self rightiousness to be the last bastion of the defeated man, it conveniently changes the subject of conversation away from the topic of the post among other things.

Now what was the topic of the post? Ah, yes (everyone?!) understanding the maxim, those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it, and seeing the properganda and lies build up to Iran is identical to the one that happened with Iraq a decade ago.

History Planet Website
<br /
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2012 at 11:40
Originally posted by Toltec

I find self rightiousness to be the last bastion of the defeated man, it conveniently changes the subject of conversation away from the topic of the post among other things.

Now what was the topic of the post? Ah, yes (everyone?!) understanding the maxim, those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it, and seeing the properganda and lies build up to Iran is identical to the one that happened with Iraq a decade ago.

Saddam was a bad guy but no real threat to the US... But Iran is openly manufacturing a nuke and sending threats in all directions. Say AlQaeda has no connection to Iran as you seem to claim, what would that change? Are you telling me that Iran is not trying to gain influence over the ME, especially with the whole nuke thing? Or is the nuke also propaganda and lies?
Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2012 at 21:51
Iran would be more likely to work with North Korea than Al Qaida. The Ayatollahs (and North Koreans) are more interested in repressing their own people than attacking America (despite the claims of their own propagandists)
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2012 at 22:55

S. T. Friedman

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2012 at 23:38
In what way does Iran trading with N Korea mean anything?

Trading with a repressive regime is bad, therefore country doing it is bad............ is that the logic?

So any country that either traded with or trades with a repressive regime is bad??????

History Planet Website
<br /
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 00:45
Oh it was never so much a question of 'who' they were trading with.. the characterizations aside for now...but what they were trading for and why. And consequently was it represented and assumed as a threat to their opponents.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2012 at 00:57
In this case both of them were and are considered threats to nuclear stability and proliferation by their opponents. The actually interesting thing is they have both been aided and abetted by the Russians and PRC considerably; which continue to get the pass from the 'west' in many regards. But that's for a variety of reasons discussable on another thread. Getting back to AQ perse.....I did like your reference to 'understanding the maxim, those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it, '.....

Your absolutely correct. The US government has been making that mistake with Iran for over 30 years now. And in failing to remember there have been a number of historical occasions when theological and or cultural or political ideaological enemies have put aside their differences to conduct joint action against their perceived greater enemy. No matter the sincerity feigned or time limit involved. Such is the case with AQ and Iran.

Case in point: The US and the Soviet Union in WW2.

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply