Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist Use "Call of Duty" to Plot Attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrorist Use "Call of Duty" to Plot Attacks
    Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 13:27

Terrorists use online games like 'Call of Duty' to plot attacks

Published March 20, 2012-The Sun

Terrorists use online war games like "Call of Duty" to plot and discuss future attacks in private, an investigation by The Sun found.

Islamic extremists know cops monitor phone calls and emails, and turn to popular PlayStation and Xbox games to ensure their plans remain secret.

Online games allow players to log on in groups to play against each other and chat in private.

Once signed in to a "lobby" using a password, plotters then use Bluetooth headsets to speak securely to other users on the same site.

A source said, "It's a terrifying reality. These people waste no time finding a secure method of chatting. They are logging into group games over the Internet and discussing terror plots. Security people know about it."

Extremists choose realistic "first person" conflict games, including "Medal of Honor" and "Halo," because they can disguise their discussions as harmless web chat.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/20/terrorists-use-online-games-like-call-duty-to-plot-attacks/#ixzz1pgP0uu00

Maybe international teams could suit up and go out it instead of cowardly attacks on innocent civilians. 

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 13:56
This is so ironic but sickening at the same time! So what now they're gonna start monitoring online games? I hope they catch these long-bearded killers.
Timidi mater non flet
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 22:04
Does that mean anyone who owns and xbox is now a terrorist suspect and can be interned.

Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2012 at 22:14

Yep. Mentioned this before in reference spammers on blog sites and forums..who do the same. Might even be here. Usually they congregate in a foreign language section where no readily available translator might monitor.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2012 at 14:02
I use Medal of Honor to learn Pashtu.
Arrrgh!!"
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 09:27
Excellent. You combine language learning oppurtunities with a modified pc version of individual and small unit tactics to eradicate terrorists. The USA/USMC does also.... and they would approve.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:03
Originally posted by tjadams

Terrorists use online games like 'Call of Duty' to plot attacks

Published March 20, 2012-The Sun

Terrorists use online war games like "Call of Duty" to plot and discuss future attacks in private, an investigation by The Sun found.

Islamic extremists know cops monitor phone calls and emails, and turn to popular PlayStation and Xbox games to ensure their plans remain secret.

Online games allow players to log on in groups to play against each other and chat in private.

Once signed in to a "lobby" using a password, plotters then use Bluetooth headsets to speak securely to other users on the same site.

A source said, "It's a terrifying reality. These people waste no time finding a secure method of chatting. They are logging into group games over the Internet and discussing terror plots. Security people know about it."

Extremists choose realistic "first person" conflict games, including "Medal of Honor" and "Halo," because they can disguise their discussions as harmless web chat.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/20/terrorists-use-online-games-like-call-duty-to-plot-attacks/#ixzz1pgP0uu00

Maybe international teams could suit up and go out it instead of cowardly attacks on innocent civilians. 

Hi, TJ!  I would imagine that ArmA, which can be downloaded for free, would be equally useful for learning all about how to disrupt things.

Back in the Good Old Days,. when I was playing Flashpoint, I got pretty good at what would now be considered "acts of terrorism" myself!  One of the primary scenarios left the player as a survivor on an island held by enemy troops, and a lot of sniping, sabotage and similar stuff was built into the game.  Cool
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:04
Originally posted by Cywr

I use Medal of Honor to learn Pashtu.

Amazing!  Congratulations!  I never would have thought of doing something like that.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:05
Originally posted by Toltec

Does that mean anyone who owns and xbox is now a terrorist suspect and can be interned.

Maybe that's why I only played against the computer!  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply