Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kodak Exits Camera Business

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kodak Exits Camera Business
    Posted: 09-Feb-2012 at 10:52

Kodak exits camera business

Published February 09, 2012

FoxNews.com

Eastman Kodak said Thursday it will take a $30 million charge to exit the digital camera, pocket video camera and digital picture frame business in the first half of 2012, as the bankrupt firm shifts more focus to its core consumer business.

Kodak expects to save $100 million a year as a result of the transition. The iconic photography company said it will expand its current brand licensing program and seek additional licenses.

As part of the restructuring, Kodak's Consumer Business unit will now include online and retail-based photo printing, as well as desktop injet printing, the company said in a press release.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/02/09/kodak-exits-camera-business/#ixzz1ltt9DDKI

Once famous names have to adapt or die.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2012 at 14:45
And I just got a Canon DSLR Confused
Arrrgh!!"
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2012 at 19:15
So this is the end of the old-style camera, gone the same way as the pager, typewriter and VHS
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2012 at 23:59
..and the Beta
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2012 at 10:38
Originally posted by Nick1986

So this is the end of the old-style camera, gone the same way as the pager, typewriter and VHS

Actually, no.  The film camera is still very popular.  Kodak hasn't made a film camera in years anyway. [A decent one]  Kodak will still be the largest producer of emulsions for developing film.

My gripe is that you can no longer get Agfa film here in the US, or at least I can't find it.  Fuji and Kodak are blue based films, Agfa is the only yellow based film available now.  Gives a warmer look, nature shots esp. show the diff.
Yes, I own a digital, but I also own a Canon AE1 and 2 Pentax K bodys.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2012 at 10:53
I have not used emulsion since 1995!Than 10 years latter was my came back to cameras,digital.Cannon and Nikon.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply