Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microsoft Eclipses Yahoo in US Search for 1st Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft Eclipses Yahoo in US Search for 1st Time
    Posted: 12-Jan-2012 at 14:06
I think I spend about five minutes on Bing and like you wrote Red, I found it odd and
clunky. I like to try new tech things and such, but I don't see me ever using Bing.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2012 at 13:49
Google rules!Bill opens the Gates of his own hell introducing internet on PC's.Is this desperate trial time to be turned back?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2012 at 13:22
I tried it once or twice and found it confusing as hell.  It also gave me none of the info I was looking for. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2012 at 12:38

Microsoft Eclipses Yahoo in US Search for 1st Time

Published January 12, 2012

| Associated Press

Microsoft Corp. has finally reached a long-sought and expensive goal - its Bing search engine now ranks second behind Google in the Internet's most lucrative market.

Bing and Microsoft's other websites fielded 2.75 billion search requests in the U.S. during December, catapulting in front of Yahoo Inc. for the first time in the jockeying for runner up to Google Inc., according to statistics released Wednesday by comScore Inc.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/12/microsoft-eclipses-yahoo-in-us-search-for-1st-time/#ixzz1jGb2Hw45

I personally don't know anyone who uses Bing. I know I only used it once just to see & haven't
used it since.

Post Reply Post Reply