Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tourist Survives 365-Foot Plunge into River After

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tourist Survives 365-Foot Plunge into River After
    Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 16:13
Tourist Survives 365-Foot Plunge into River After Bungee Cord Snaps
Published January 09, 2012

| Associated Press

CANBERRA, Australia – An Australian tourist bungee jumping in Africa plunged 365 feet into a river when her cord snapped, but she managed to swim to safety with a broken collarbone and her legs tied together.

Erin Langworthy told Nine Network television news Sunday that she blacked out briefly when she hit the Zambesi River on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe on Dec. 31.

"I felt like I'd been slapped all over," the 22-year-old from Perth said.

Video taken of the jump shows the cord snapping and Langworthy smacking into the river before the current pulled her into rapids.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/01/09/tourist-survives-plunge-into-crocodile-infested-waters-after-bungee-cord-snaps/

Wonder if she was given a refund of her money? Ouch

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 20:16
That woman was lucky. Crocodiles are very aggressive (especially the biggest ones) and will eat anything they can catch
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply