Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of language!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 389>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of language!
    Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 01:49
I am working on Hungarian words and will try more combinations cause "voices" are covered with distortion.Smile
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 01:53
Yes, I heard Bulgarian folk tales about that - the Bulgarian words is "svraka". There are some Bulgarian sayings, like "He steals as a svraka" and 'The cunning svraka will be caught with his both legs" that feature the thieving nature of the bird.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 07:48
SVRaKa=Presentable obedience arms feature!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 14:40
Originally posted by medenaywe

SVRaKa=Presentable obedience arms feature!

"Arms" that "obey" the command to steal in  very" presentable way.
I had an educational experience with a kid who suffered from kleptomania /compulsive stealing disorder http://www.psychologyinfo.com/problems/impulse_control.html/ and it's exactly like that - the kid feels strong anxiety until he steals something, /something useless and shiny/,  he just obeys the impulse of stealing. One of my dogs used to steal tools and dig them in the ground.
You just defined the gist of a serious psychological problem with one wordSmile, and in the same time explained why "svraka" is used in relation to "stealing", not. say, a "stork". 2 definitions in one word - /both linguistic and psychological/, one cannot get a better and more concised shot that that.

Edited by Don Quixote - 11-Mar-2012 at 14:44
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 15:19
Ancient sentences(words we use today) are logical everlasting truths created over long time observation! 
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2012 at 21:19
Originally posted by Don Quixote

che-stit - honest=Eating presence proves innocent dream! This may refer to some kind of trial with food - to prove one's innocence. I had heard about drinking muddy water, and if one doens't get sick, he/she is innocent; maybe there was something similar with food - like eating something half rotten, and if one doesn't die, he/she is innocent. In any case innocence is an integral part of honor, for female in particular, in many, not to say all, cultures.
che-sto - frequently /same in Bulg/=Eating presence shelters! To be able to eat frequently gives one the feeling of being sheltered - food is necessary part of what one needs to feel secure.
che-stitati - congratulate=Eating presence proves innocent beauty and innocence! One can be congratulated on being beautiful and innocent, and as a part pf the congrats receives some kind of medal - in olden times the reward may as well had been in food. In Bulgaria when one had birthday he/she brings a big box of chocolates to work or school and gives one to everyone he/she works/studies with, and they congratulate him/her for the birthday.

che-sali - comb=Eating soldier lights!(Fork?)(Eating=Feeding) Combs are very old tools, and the nit comb, like the one of the picture here, were created in the Stone Age so people de-lice one another with them. and soldiers were known to have a lots of lice, due to the impossibility to keep a good hygiene when on march. So I imagine bunch of soldiers de-licing their heads with comb using bring light, so they can see the eggs of the lice /I lived through lice-epidemic in Bulgaria twice, once then I was in school, and the second when my son got some in kindergarden - and it's no fun at all, especially for me as I always kept long hair/. One lice can literally eat your skin...no soldier wants to be eaten like that!

File:HMB Läusekamm Jungsteinzeit.jpg

che-sati - scratch=Eating soldier proves innocence!LOL It depends what is he innocent of and what is he scratching? - if he is scratching his head all the time, he is most probably not innocent of lice.
che-sniak - garlic /"che-sun" in Bulg/=Eating presence courages victim-like equality! When people eat garlic, they are all equal, no one tells the other that they smell like garlic. Americans don't eat raw garlic, so I had to give it up too, but I miss it so much. In olden times before antibiotics, garlic was very important medicinal plant, because it contains natural antibiotics. I used to use it heavily when sick, for all kinds of flue, cold, stuffed nose, etc. So, "eating it's presence" gives courage to a person who is sick and can be called "victim of the disease"
che-s-che - pretty often=Eating stone feeds! This makes me think about stone mills - the stones of the mill "eat" the grains to produce flour, so one bake bread and eat it quite often /most people eat 3 times a day. which is quite often/.

che-titi - 4=Feeding innocence proves innocence! Maybe connected with 4 witnesses that prove that one is innocent?
che-tka - brush=Feeding dream features! How is brushing connected with eating? I cannot connect this one, give me an idea.
che-trdeset - 40=Feeding dream sprouts Divine load and dream! In olden times when the age expectancy was far lower than now, to make 40 years of age was a dream, and one could accomplish this only with divine help - that's why old people were valued very much, and in many cultures considered close to divinity, so they were used as counselors, advisers, medicine doctors, etc. And only with feeding oneself one could expect to reach 40 years, otherwise he.she will die from starvation.
che-tvrti -4th=Feeding dream obediences sprouting innocence! I cannot connect this one, give me an idea.
che-tvrt - district=Feeding dream obediences sprouting dream! The medieval cities, like Constantinople, were separated in districts, and say, the Jews live in one such, the Turks in another, etc - this may have something to do with obedience - that everyone is to live in their own district.
che-snuti - yearn, seek=Feeding tongue(S=Z)starts innocence! To seek for something is to make yourself worthy of it; I don't know to connect tongue with "yearning yet.
chjii, chija, chije - whose, like in Bulg.=Chii=Knowledge;ChiJe=Cognitive ancestor!;ChiJa=Cognitive mortality! To know what is whose if knoeledge, I commented on this before.
chi-n - fact=Cognitive mother's!(Cognition=singular!)  To know a fact is to use's cognitive ability.

chi-nienica - fact=Cognitive courage answers courageous announcement! In dialectic Bulgarian there is this expression "chini mi se", which means "It seems to me" - so it talks about cognitive recognition, cognitive=knowledge. When one knows a fact, one announces it courageusly.
chi-pka - lace=Cognitive liquor(water) features! Lace looks like foaming water.
chi-st - pure=Cognitive presence dreams! To be pure is a dream that life doesn't bestow on everyone.
chi-tak - readable=Cognitive beauty equals! To be able to read is an ability that reveals to a person who can read the beauty and world and makes him equal with others, not less than them.
chi-stka - purge=Cognitive presence dreams feature! To clean/purge something is to bring it closer to a dream - dream of innocence or knowledge - hence, cognitive.
chi-tati - read=Cognitive beauty proves innocence! To be able to read means that one can defend one's innocence in cort.
chi-tav - whole=Cognitive beauty obediences! Whole has the general meaning if something complete, something real and beautiful.
chi-zma - boot=Cognitive tongue supports!(You walk you learn,boots support you)LOL Boots also have tongues, that supprit the upper part of the boot.
I'll do "cho" and "chu" tomorrowSmile.

I'm green now, I though it would be easier on the eyes than lavenderSmile.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 00:50
Visualize more Don:Eating&Feeding soldier is Fork&Spoon(?)!All we carry in our arms could be call weapon!("orudie" doesn't lost meaning till today!We plow,we fight,we work,we write&draw,we eat with it)

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Mar-2012 at 08:04
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 01:00
Well, I guess a fork can be seen as a comb; however the comb was far more ancient that the fork - the comb has been around since the Stone Age, while the first I heard about using forks was when a Byzantinian princess married an European guy and brought a 2-pronged fork with her. Besides, the oldest comb I know of, the one of the picture, was a special comb for de-licing, which I think means something.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 01:08
Language archeology demands you now!SmileAs it looks they use sticks for food from the very beginning!Fork
&Spoon need no technologies to be produced from wood.Story about "Civilization after Rome"has  created our virtual presentation about ancients as "savages that had eaten with bare hands".
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 01:23
I had terrible net connections today, slow and kicking me out all the time, and I haven't been able to work on the Turksih dict as I planned; but I'll finish the Bosnian words with "ch" now:
ch-lan - member=Voicing wing mother's
cha-nak - ankle=Flame-able  offer  equals!
chla-nstvo - membersip=Voicing wing mother's presents dream-like Water God(Horseman)
cho-por - herd=Hearing source sprouts!
cho-rba - soup - /the same in Bulgarian/=Hearing sprout forbears!
cho-vjechan - humane=Hearing obedience inherits flame mother's!
cho-vje-chanstvo - humanity=Hearing obedience inherits flame-able mother's presence and dreaming Water God.
cho-viek - man=Hearing subordination answers equality!

chu-dan - strange, odd, peculiar=Jugular agreement mother's!
chu-diti - wonder=Jugular admire proves innocence!
chu-denje - surprise=Guttural deity mother's inherits!
chu-do - miracle /the same in Bulgarian - I use it for people who so special things, have special skills/=Jugular  distance!
chu-dpvisthe - monster /same in Bulg/=Jugular distance subordinates "SThe"(SHTee on predecessor from  inscriptions/written one,it is on stone also and Bulgarian ShTe comes from it!)
chu-pati - pluck /"chu-pia" in Bulgarian is "brake"/=Jugular heaven proves innocence
chu-ti - hear=Jugular innocence!

chu-vati - keep, procet, preserve - it's the same word as "chuvam" in dialectic  Bulgarian with meaning of "taking care of".=Jugular slavery proves innocence!
chu-ven - famous, well-known=Jugular "omajchinuvach",Motherer!!
chvor - knot=Voicing Water God sprouts!WG=Water God!
chvo-risthe - junction=Voicing WG revives present dream and defense!
chvoruga - bump=Voicing WG hands Light-Head!
cvrst - firm, solid=Voicing obedience sprouts present dream!

Also, in Bulgarian:
che-vrust - nimble=Feeding obedience hands present dream!
che-p - an wooden piece that is put on a cask with wine to close it or taken out to let the wine flow - here on the picture, next to the bottom, in the center; also a vulgar word for "penis".=Feeding liquor!
http://images.fuzing.com/members/6/19/00034619/41014.300x300.jpg

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Mar-2012 at 07:11
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 01:28

Language archeology demands you now!SmileAs it looks they use sticks for food from the very beginning!Fork
&Spoon need no technologies to be produced from wood.Story about "Civilization after Rome"has  created our virtual presentation about ancients as "savages that had eaten with bare hands".

The use of spoon is very old - I was there when one was unearthed in the layers of Karanovo, 7,000-2,000 BC; knives too, so they didn't eat with bare hands. But I have to admit I haven't seen a fork with such age. Anyway, I will leave this as a possibility, and meanwhile will look for some info on ancient forks aroundSmile.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 01:35
Ha! I found the forks!
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18187/18187-h/images/imagep016d.jpg
Canaanite forks http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18187/18187-h/18187-h.htm   probably well before 2000 BC.
OK, I'm fine with the fork-comb connectionSmile.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 02:00
Now go upstairs and will see Bosnian(S_C)&Bulgarian words!I am going now!Bye!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 02:16
I seeSmile. It seems like a fine job, as usual - I will work on them tomorrow,  I have to hit the sack now.
Good night, world

http://www.justgotlayed.com/import/graphics/Good-Night/Fairy-Good-Night.gif
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 04:16
Night You noble fighter,sleep well!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 23:52
Originally posted by Don Quixote

I had terrible net connections today, slow and kicking me out all the time, and I haven't been able to work on the Turkish dict as I planned; but I'll finish the Bosnian words with "ch" now:
ch-lan - member=Voicing wing mother's  How about relatitives on one's mother's side - they are "wing of mother's', and they are "voiced", they have right and power to protect one. In tighly knit families one can rely on his/her realtives - and in olden times families were tightly knit, because they didn't have anyone else to rely one.
cha-nak - ankle=
Flame-able  offer  equals! The ankles hold the whole body up, and the weight of the body have to lay equally on both; if one gets an ankle not working the balance of the whole body is shot. Hence, the ankles "offer" "equality"/balance.
chla-nstvo - membersip=Voicing wing mother's presents dream-like Water God(Horseman) To be a member of something, like a member of a family is to voice your presence there; and being in a close membership can be seen as a dream - everyone would like that.

cho-por - herd=Hearing source sprouts! A herd of domestic animals, say, sheep that is making noises is the source of those sounds.
cho-rba - soup - /the same in Bulgarian/=Hearing sprout forbears! I don't know how to connect this one, give me an idea.
cho-vjechan - humane=Hearing obedience inherits flame mother's! To behave humanely is to respect/obey  the rights of all mother's children /all humans/.
cho-vje-chanstvo - humanity=Hearing obedience inherits flame-able mother's presence and dreaming Water God. We inherit our humanity from our mothers. This makes me think about the Mother-Goddess-Mpther-Nature as mother of all humans; we cannot survive without water - hence the Water-God.
cho-viek - man=Hearing subordination answers equality! As humans we are subordinate to our humanity, and we answer in an equal measure for being thus.

chu-dan - strange, odd, peculiar=Jugular agreement mother's! I don't know how to connect 'jugular'. Can you elaborate on the word - what exactly is it expressing?
chu-diti - wonder=Jugular admire proves innocence!
chu-denje - surprise=Guttural deity mother's inherits!
chu-do - miracle /the same in Bulgarian - I use it for people who so special things, have special skills/=Jugular  distance!
chu-dpvisthe - monster /same in Bulg/=Jugular distance subordinates "SThe"(SHTee on predecessor from  inscriptions/written one,it is on stone also and Bulgarian ShTe comes from it!)
chu-pati - pluck /"chu-pia" in Bulgarian is "brake"/=Jugular heaven proves innocence
chu-ti - hear=Jugular innocence!

chu-vati - keep, procet, preserve - it's the same word as "chuvam" in dialectic  Bulgarian with meaning of "taking care of".=Jugular slavery proves innocence! To take care of a child is  a very real "slavery", and it proves the quality of the person who does it - hence the "innocence".
chu-ven - famous, well-known=Jugular "omajchinuvach",Motherer!! "Omaichuvach" is "someone who bring humans to the Mother" - hence something like priest maybe - such people were very well know in their time, I'd suppose. I still don't get the "jugular" part, but it has feeling of something deep and internal to it.
chvor - knot=Voicing Water God sprouts! All winds were tied in the bag by the Greek god of the winds, who gave it to Odysseus; and the "bag of winds" is a motif in Bulgarian folk tales. One ties the bag with a "knot"; in naval matters the power of the wind is still measured in "knots".
chvo-risthe - junction=Voicing VG revives present dream and defense! What is "VG"? Junction is the point to connecting parts of the whole - to it "revives" the dream, since a dream is always about wholeness; one can defend himself only in a whole castle, not in a broken one - hence, wholeness make the dream defensible.
chvoruga - bump=Voicing VG hands Light-Head! This is what happens when one hits his head and get a bump on it - he gets lightheaded from pain, and get his hands on it, he may also voice his pain in some way.
cvrst - firm, solid=Voicing obedience sprouts present dream! We all dream about "solid" things or ideas, and to achieve them we in some way "obey" some rules - to make something one has to follow rules of work etc.

Also, in Bulgarian:
che-vrust - nimble=Feeding obedience hands present dream! This is a good description - only nimble hands can be "feeding" not-nimble ones are useless; and pretty much everything we do is with our hands, so all our dreams literally lie in the ability of our hands to be nimble.
che-p - an wooden piece that is put on a cask with wine to close it or taken out to let the wine flow - here on the picture, next to the bottom, in the center; also a vulgar word for "penis".=Feeding liquor! This makes sense - the liquor is in the cask, and one has to pull the "chep" out to feed on the wine.

As a whole, I has problems only with "jugular" and maybe "guttural". I'm not able to get anything done today, since there was a snowstorm and I lost my net for like 5 hours, and now is extremely slowAngry.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2012 at 00:58
I'm finally getting to Turkish. There is no "dz" here, but there is "diuz" /"u" with 2 dots above it, but I can't present the dots, so I'll write it phonetization -"iu"/ - which is only on one linguistic step from "dz" - putting a half-vowel between the consonants to make it easier to pronounce - so I'm going to post them here.
diuz - smooth, even=Admire-able  mouth  tongues! Di=Admire=The(Admire-able/admiring)
diuz-a-iak - without stairs, on one floor=Admiring mouth tongues victim-like  wing  and equals!
diuze-s - level=Admiring mouth prays presence!
diuze-lmek - to be put in order=Admiring mouth prays spark-able  creation and equality!
diuze-ltme - correction, reform=Admiring mouth prays spark-able dream and creation.
diuze-ltmek - to put in order, to proofread, to straighten=Admiring mouth prays spark-able dream and creative equality!
diuze-ltmen=Admiring mouth prays spark-able dream and creation mother's!

diuze-n - harmony=Admiring mouth prays Mother!
diuze-nbaz - cheat, trickster=Admiring mouth prays mother's forbearance and tongue!
diuze-nce - discipline=Admiring mouth prays mother's announcement!
diuze-nek  - plan, mehanism=Admiring mouth prays bladed equality!
diuze-ngec - regulator=Admiring mouth prays mother's mind and finger!
diuze-nmelek - to arrange, to hold=Admiring mouth prays mother's creation and wing equality!
diuze-nti - tidy, orderly=Admiring mouth prays mother's innocence!
diuze-nsiz - out pf order, untidy=Admiring mouth prays mother's readiness and tongue!
diuze-nteker - flywheel=Admiring mouth prays mother's prediction and approved sprout!
diuze-y - rank=Admiring mouth prays origin!(y=I or U?)If it is I we need Zei forms here!It is J!
diuz-diu - norm=Admiring mouth tongues admiring mouth!

diuz-diusel - normative=Admiring mouth tongues admiring mouth and loading spark!
diuz-giun - smooth, correct=Admiring mouth tongues heading anger mother's!
diuz-ine - dozen=Admiring mouth tongues sparkling blade!
diuz-lem - plane=Admiring mouth tongues winging interior!
diuz-lemek - to flatten=Admiring mouth tongues!
diuz-liuk - flatness, place, plane=Admiring mouth tongues lighting mouth and equality!
diuz-me - false, forged=Admiring mouth tongues creation!
diuz-mek - to arrange, to invent; to forge; to rape=Admiring mouth tongues creative equality!
diuz-taban - flat-footed; the same word is used in Bulgarian=Admiring mouth tongues beautiful forbearance mother's!
diuz-yazi - proze=Admiring mouth tongues mortal leg!Y=J

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Mar-2012 at 09:08
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2012 at 01:10

Night You noble fighter,sleep well!

You got me figured out here, Master of Meaning - my first name means "Gracious" /in Hebrew/, my second name means "Fighter" /in Russian/, my last "Priest" /Slavic/. "Gracious Fighter-Priestess" - that's me.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmimymSH2a1qjorza.jpg

"Grace" in ancient societies is connected with nobility, and only people from certain families could become "priests/tess", so both grace and priestess are references to nobility.
Names come to us not by a chance, you know - they mean something important, they come to us for a reason. But you already know that, don't youSmile you are the Master of Meanings...

Edited by Don Quixote - 13-Mar-2012 at 01:22
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2012 at 01:30
Give me adjective for throat.All adjectives above are for throat!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2012 at 01:48

Give me adjective for throat.All adjectives above are for throat!

You mean like the Serbian "grleno"? I suppose "throaty" could work/ jugular refers to the main blood artery on the neck, not to throat/. Here is an interesting remark on "grleno":
grliti - in Serbian, /which is the verb from "grlo"=throat/ means "to embrace" - this gives a completely different perspective of the above adjectives - they can be connected with "embrace", "make one with" - this is meaning which I don't know how to express in English. It may work to use "embracing" in the place of "jugular" or "throaty".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 389>