Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Riddle game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riddle game
    Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 19:17
Originally posted by Nick1986

You will boil me in water?

You are correct, Nick, well done, it is your turn.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 19:35
It reminded me of this paradox: "A snake tells you that all snakes are liars. Is he telling the truth?" 
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 19:38
Now for my next riddle:

Hitty-Pitty within the wall
Hitty-Pitty without the wall
If you touch Hitty-Pitty
Hitty-Pitty will bite you!
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 20:17

It reminded me of this paradox: "A snake tells you that all snakes are liars. Is he telling the truth?" 
I love that one, Nick,  and even though I have an almost pathological hatred of lying, so won't participate myself, it will be in my mind how someone might be tempted to say that they are a liar if someone says that they are a compulsive liar and can't believe a word that they say.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. 

Your riddle will take some thinking over I think, so I will have to have a look at it tomorrow. I have voluntary work in the morning and will not have time just now.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 19:28
Is it some sort of reptile?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 19:33
Nope
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 00:14
I'm getting this impression that it is something you might find outside, and maybe the bite bit is not as it first seems, but I'm not too sure what yet.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 08:43
You're right so far, but what could it be?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 10:54
Am I right in thinking that the bite bit isn't an animal?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 17:37
Is it a thistle?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 18:00
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Is it a thistle?

Very close. What other plants are painful to touch?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 18:04

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Is it a thistle?

Very close. What other plants are painful to touch?
So it is a plant then. What about bramble, nettle, or roses?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 20:24
Nettle is the right answer. Your turn Alani
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 20:33
At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 09:50
I think i know this one
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 12:02
Do you mind if I jump in and have a go?
Is it stars?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 12:06
Originally posted by Sidney

Do you mind if I jump in and have a go?
Is it stars?
You're perfectly welcome, Sidney, and totally correct. Now it is your turn to set a riddle.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 12:41
Well, I'm better at guessing than setting, but here goes;
An old riddle;

What you caught, you threw away,
What you didn't catch, you kept.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 16:47
I'm sure I'll have time to answer this one.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 17:02
What sort of thing wouldn't a person want to keep if they caught it? Some sort of disease?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>