Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Riddle game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Riddle game
    Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 19:24

If precious asks, and it doesn't answer, we eats it, my preciousss. If it asks us, and we doesn't answer, then we does what it wants, eh?

What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?

The person who solves the previous riddle asks the next one
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 19:30
Oh no, that seems to be a bit of a mountain for me to get over, so I'll leave it there.Smile
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 20:05
Correct! It's your turn to ask a riddle
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 20:20
OK then, what can go up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up? (This is an ordinary house chimney by the way)LOL

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 08-Jan-2012 at 20:21
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 19:50

A chimneysweep's brush?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 20:13
I'm sorry, Nick, but no. I'll give you a clue, it's something you don't usually stick up a chimney, but might be held in a similar fashion to the brush in your picture.Smile
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 20:35
An umbrella.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 20:42
Originally posted by tjadams

An umbrella.
Correct, tjadams, your go.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 02:59
You tip was a dead give away. Embarrassed

Q. "What can you put in a wooden box that will make it lighter?"
A. 
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 06:01

You tip was a dead give away. Embarrassed
I was hoping it was.Smile

Q. "What can you put in a wooden box that will make it lighter?"
A. 
I had an idea that to answer such a question you would probably have to think outside of the box, but I'm not so sure now.LOL

I could think of two, coming from the way your question was written. The first would be a hole, as you make one in the construct of the box itself. My second, and this is where the irony of thinking outside of the box comes in, a light(candle or torch...etc...) as inside the wooden box would be probably dark, and the light would illuminate the inside.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 06:56
smoke!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 18:43
I think Alani Dragon's got it. Is that the correct answer TJ?
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 19:04

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

The first would be a hole

Thumbs Up

Yes. You win. ....you're up.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2012 at 19:19
ClapClapClap
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 15:33
OK, you start off with a refrigerator, alright? How do you put an elephant into it? 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 16:29
Open the door and lead him in (assuming it's a very big fridge)
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 16:39
Originally posted by Nick1986

Open the door and lead him in (assuming it's a very big fridge)

Indeed, Nick, well done, your turn.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 16:41
Inside a green house was a white house. Inside the white house was a red house containing lots of black babies. The red house was bigger than all the other houses.
What is it?
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 16:53
A white woman who lives in a green house. The red house is her womb. She was cheating on her husband.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2012 at 17:04
Originally posted by Nick1986

Inside a green house was a white house. Inside the white house was a red house containing lots of black babies. The red house was bigger than all the other houses.
What is it?
I'm sorry, Nick, I didn't need to work that one out as I already knew it. It's a watermelon. I hope this doesn't count as cheating. If it does, Nick, then have another go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>