Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIndian Flying Saucers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indian Flying Saucers
    Posted: 23-Dec-2011 at 19:02

Ancient Indian legends tell of a strange flying machine called a Vimana. These were apparently the size of a tower block and capable of traveling long distances. While there's no archaeological evidence proving their existence, Hindu temples were apparently built to resemble them
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2011 at 20:38
Isn't the whole mahabarata (sp?) packed full of aerial combat?

couldn't resist. :)

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2011 at 19:55
I think this might interest Red. Perhaps a sighting of a UFO (natural, manmade or even extraterrestrial) influenced later legend, similar to the whirling wheels Ezekiel encountered in the bible:
Vimana
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2011 at 10:52
I've read Hatcher's book. It's not bad, but he makes some connections that require great leaps of imagination.  Vimanas came in various shapes and sizes apparently.
Supposedly, that's where the Nazis got the information to build "Die Glocke", the Bell.

The Mahabarata is much more specific than legend.  It would have to be for the Nazis to be able to pull a mercury plasma vortex engine from it. [something that no one had previous knowledge of]

But this goes back to my original belief in a previous civilization, as advanced or more so than our own.  Not Aliens.  And the technology  was more wide spread than India, it's just that they have some written record of it.
Example- The Colima Flyer.

There have been several tests of these "Planes".  They do fly.

These are 2 of the flying models made from the Colima flyers.  They just scaled them up in size.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2011 at 21:06
I'd like to see if a full-sized wood and canvas reconstruction would fly. Archaeologists found a similar toy glider in an Egyptian tomb
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2011 at 18:30
Hi Red,

Take a look at the book, Forbidden Archaeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race. It present some ridiculously anomolous findings, some that strengthen the theory you mentioned.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2011 at 21:28
What do you know about the mahabrata Okamido? I'd like to hear more about the aerial combat it describes

Edited by Nick1986 - 26-Dec-2011 at 21:29
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2011 at 22:10
Here is a really interesting line:
    "Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas."
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2011 at 12:37
Originally posted by okamido

Hi Red,

Take a look at the book, Forbidden Archaeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race. It present some ridiculously anomolous findings, some that strengthen the theory you mentioned.

I actually have read Cremos book.  It's a massive undertaking.Wink It's like, 5-600 pages.  While I dismiss much of the way out stuff, 300 million year old shoe prints and the like, There is much to seriously consider.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2011 at 13:07
This is a report about one of the more interesting incidents.  Nick, this takes place at Bentwaters in S. England. People have tried to debunk this for years, but it's too well documented.

Baffled at Bentwaters

Name:

Col. Charles I. Halt, U. S. Air Force, retired

Claim:

In late December 1980, while serving as deputy base commander at Bentwaters Air Base in southern England, Halt witnessed and investigated several anomalous objects in the skies over the Rendelsham Forest, which separates the American installation from its twin Royal Air Force base, Woodbridge. The sightings occurred on two separate nights during the week after Christmas. Two weeks later, Halt sent a report about the strange encounters to the British Ministry of Defense.

Background: 

Career Air Force officer, Halt served in Vietnam and on various bases before arriving at Bentwaters in 1980. He was promoted to base commander in 1984. Halt later served as base commander at Kunsan Air Base, Korea, and as director of the inspections directorate for the Department of Defense inspector general. He retired in 1991. Halt is the first USAF officer since Project Blue Book ended to have filed a memo on unidentified flying objects and gone public with the details.

The Story:

"Just after Christmas, about 5:30 a.m., December 26, 1980, I walked into police headquarters and the desk sergeant started to laugh. He said a couple of the guys had been out chasing UFOs. Nothing, however, was in the blotter. I told him to put it in.

"When our base commander came in, we both chuckled. Neither of us believed in UFOs, but we did decide to look into it. Before we had the chance, two nights later, the duty flight commander for the security police unit rushed in to a belated Christmas party white as a sheet. `The UFO is back,’ he said.

"I was asked to investigate. I changed into a utility uniform, then headed out in a jeep to the edge of the forest. About a dozen of our men were already there. Our light-alls (large gas-powered lights) wouldn’t work, and there was so much static and constant interference on our radios that we had to set up a relay. There was increasing commotion. I was determined to show them this was nonsense.

"I took half a dozen of the men and headed into the woods on foot to a clearing where the initial incident had supposedly taken place. We found three distinct indentations in the ground equidistant apart and pressed well into the sandy soil. They were supposedly caused by the object seen two nights before, but I didn’t see anything sitting there that night. Neither
did anybody else there.

"Inside the triangular area formed by the indentations, one of the men got slightly higher readings on the Geiger counter than he did outside. He photographed the area, and I took a soil sample. Meanwhile, I recorded this activity on my microcassette recorder.

"We knew the Orford Ness lighthouse beacon beamed from the southeast. All of a sudden, directly to the east, we saw an unusual red, sunlike light--oval shaped, glowing, with a black center--10 to 15 feet off the ground, moving through the trees. Beyond the clearing was a barbed-wire fence, farmer’s field, house, and barn. The animals were making a lot of noise.

"We ran toward the light up to the fence. It shot over the field and then moved in a 20- to 30-degree horizontal arc. Strangely, it appeared to be dripping what looked like molten steel out of a crucible, as if gravity were somehow pulling it down. Suddenly, it exploded--not a loud bang, just booompf--and broke into five white objects that scattered in the sky. Everything except our radios seemed to return to normal.

"We went to the end of the farmer’s property to get a different perspective. In the north, maybe 20 degrees off the horizon, we saw three white objects--elliptical, like a quarter moon but a little larger--with blue, green, and red lights on them, making sharp, angular movements. The objects eventually turned from elliptical to round.

"I called the command post, asked them to call Eastern Radar, responsible for air defense of that sector. Twice they reported that they didn’t see anything.

"Suddenly, from the south, a different glowing object moved toward us at a high rate of speed, came within several hundred feet, and then stopped. A pencillike beam, six to eight inches in diameter, shot from this thing right down by our feet. Seconds later, the object rose and disappeared.

"The objects in the north were still dancing in the sky. After an hour or so, I finally made the call to go in. We left those things out there.

"The film turned out to be fogged; nothing came out. But a staff sergeant later made plaster castings of the indentations, and I had the soil sample.

"Around New Year’s Eve, I took statements and interviewed the men who had taken part in the initial incident. The reports were nearly identical.

"Basically, they reported this: In the early morning hours of December 26, one of the airmen drove to the back gate at Woodbridge on a routine security check. He saw lights in the forest, specifically a red light, and thought maybe an airplane had crashed. He radioed a report, which was called into the tower, but the tower reported nobody was flying.

"Eventually, a group headed out to the forest. They reported strange noises--animals, movement, like we heard two nights later.

"As they approached the clearing, they reported seeing a large yellowish-white light with a blinking red light on the upper center portion and a steady blue light emanating from underneath. The tower again reported nothing on radar.

"A few of the men moved to within 20 or 30 feet. Each said the same thing independently--a triangular-shaped metallic object, about nine feet across the base, six feet high, appeared to be sitting on a tripod. They split up, walked around the craft. One of the men apparently tried to get on the craft, but, they said, it levitated up.

"All three of the guys hit the ground as the craft moved quickly in a zigzagging manner through the woods toward the field, hitting some trees on the way. They got up and approached again, but the object rose up, and then it disappeared at great speed.

"Finally, on January 13, 1981, I wrote a memo to the British Ministry of Defense. Despite my efforts, to my knowledge, no one from any intelligence or government agency ever came on base to investigate.

"I have never sought the limelight, nor have I hidden. I stand to receive no financial benefit from this interview but consented because it’s time the truth came out. I don’t know what those objects were. I don’t know anybody who does. But something as yet unexplained happened out there."

Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2011 at 21:40

"Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendour. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas."

Scary stuff. The first thought that came into my head was the atom bomb
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2011 at 07:46
Honestly I think the history of this Planet is way more crazy/interesting than we think...that being said, not sure about this flying machine but I couldnt possibly rule it out. Many cultures speak of similar things
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2011 at 21:36
While encounters with a civilisation possessing advanced technology is a possibility (whether Atlantis or Martians), i think these craft are largely the stuff of fantasy, comparable to the spaceships, robots and ray guns in Star Wars. We'll probably have these in the near future, but at the moment such devices are beyond our means to construct
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2011 at 08:47
The Ancient Alien series on the History channel is really interesting... is this where you heard it from?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2011 at 11:38
Originally posted by Nick1986

Scary stuff. The first thought that came into my head was the atom bomb

Nick, are you aware that several sites in the Indus Valley are highly radioactive?  One site in particular is 5 times normal readings.  There is also considerable evidence of exposure to extreme sudden heat.  Your not alone in thinking about an Atomic device.

Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2011 at 21:11
Some people have suggested Atlantis was destroyed by a nuclear bomb, explaining why there are no traces of this ancient civilisation
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2011 at 21:49
Originally posted by Nick1986

Some people have suggested Atlantis was destroyed by a nuclear bomb, explaining why there are no traces of this ancient civilisation

No traces of the Island, yes.  However, everyone forgets one of the most important things, supposedly there were ten Kingdoms.  There wasn't enough space on the Island for that. There are a few who have focused in on this and have been looking at S. America.  And there is considerable evidence for a massive earthquake, which could have created a sunami big enough to wash away an Island.  So no bomb. 
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2011 at 20:11
The radiation also got me thinking of the Tunguska explosion in Russia, or Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed with fire and brimstone. Perhaps the ancient Indians witnessed a meteor come crashing down on one of these cities, devastating the landscape and transforming the people into pillars of ash?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2011 at 12:13
Nick, this is from one of the more credible sites-

At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

I have read many of the efforts to "Debunk" all of this.  They can't fully explain any of this so they have reverted to what amounts to technical gibberish.

Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2012 at 11:23
Originally posted by red clay

Nick, this is from one of the more credible sites-

At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

I have read many of the efforts to "Debunk" all of this.  They can't fully explain any of this so they have reverted to what amounts to technical gibberish.

There are other references throughout the world to mysterious ancient technology, like the Ark of the Covenant which could kill those who touched it and required special protective clothing. There's mention in the bible of races that preceeded mankind: titans and heavenly beings who destroyed each other. Perhaps there was indeed a more advanced civilisation that was obliterated and its survivors, the gods and demons of folklore, passed on technology like metalwork and fire to more primitive tribes?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>