Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iran's Zoroastrians- forgotten victims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran's Zoroastrians- forgotten victims
    Posted: 15-Nov-2011 at 15:25
I will have to admit I know little about the Zoroastrian faith of Iran and Cyrus can probably add a lot more details. I do know they were the major religion of the Persian Empire till the arrival of Islam by the Arabs.   Since then the Zoroastrians became a small despised minority, put under the status of dhimmi. It seems apparent that for some Iranians there is a renewed interest in this ancient faith, despite the persecution by the religion of peace and the Mullahs. This faith was by far more tolerant but can a revival handle the persecution that will come to snuff it out.

Can they survive today?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/11/iran-zoroastrians-often-forgotten-victims-of-systematic-institutionalized-abuse-since-islamic-revolu.html

Iran: Zoroastrians often forgotten victims of systematic, institutionalized abuse since Islamic revolution
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2011 at 19:44
Originally posted by eaglecap

Can they survive today?

if jewish people can in iran, they can do it too

Edited by Ollios - 15-Nov-2011 at 19:45
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2011 at 21:29
I know that a community of displaced Zoroastians exists in Northern California, so the religion will probably never fully go extinct.
 Post Reply Post Reply