Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tsar Stalin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tsar Stalin
    Posted: 13-Nov-2011 at 20:08

Following Russia's victory in the Great Patriotic War, Stalin recreates the office of Tsar and is crowned in the rebuilt Palace of the Soviets. Stalin's popularity among the poor and the threat of another purge ensures high-ranking Communists accept his rule, at least until his death.
Seeking to continue his dynasty, Stalin grooms his son Vasili as his successor, arranging a match with England's Princess Margaret after the untimely "accidental" death of Vasili's Jewish wife. To ensure good relations with his neighbors Stalin concentrates on Russia's reconstruction while leaving overseas imperialism to the Americans, French and British.
What sort of world would we live in if the Red Tsars continued after Stalin's death? Would Russia be more or less advanced? And would we have started the War on Terror in 1946 against Third World nationalist movements rather than expend resources on the Cold War?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2011 at 19:52
As in the real-world, Stalin dies in 1953. His successor, Tsar Vasili V, takes the throne. Would he be an iron-fisted ruler like his father, or a lazy playboy surrendering his powers to high-ranking party members? Which of Stalin's former cronies would he take on as advisers? And would he have a long reign or be deposed and replaced by another ambitious individual?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply