Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UFOs exist!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFOs exist!
    Posted: 12-Nov-2011 at 19:57

Believe it or not, the Americans developed the first flying saucer during WW2. The Vought Flying Pancake, and its successor the Flying Flapjack, had disc-shaped bodies, supposedly more aerodynamic than conventional aircraft. While these were never used in combat, flying wing technology would eventually culminate in America's Grumman Spirit stealth bomber
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2011 at 10:14
However, it was the Germans who invented "stealth".
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2011 at 10:52
However, taking advantage of the title of this thread, ufo's do exist.  I have seen one on several occasions.  30 years ago when this was all farmland, you had a direct view of the high tension powerlines that run through here.  We used to watch the "cable bugs" hover under the wires.  We chased one once, got close enough to see that it was something manufactured and not natural.  Each time it showed up 5 minutes later the air would be filled with small planes from the local air park.  5 minutes after that, the heavies would show up from McGuire Air base.  Each time it would dissappear over the orchard.  The river being right there, that's where it would hide.  The AF knew it was there, half the damn county knew about them.  But when questioned, the authorities said it was "ST. Elmo's fire".  Anyone who had been at sea for any time, knew it wasn't.

I often wonder if the Gov. isn't playing semantics with us.  If they know exactly what it is and where it came from, then it wouldn't be unidentified.  What I can tell you, is that the object we chased several times and flew right over us was no natural occurance.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2011 at 19:01
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2011 at 21:08
Originally posted by red clay

However, taking advantage of the title of this thread, ufo's do exist.  I have seen one on several occasions.  30 years ago when this was all farmland, you had a direct view of the high tension powerlines that run through here.  We used to watch the "cable bugs" hover under the wires.  We chased one once, got close enough to see that it was something manufactured and not natural.  Each time it showed up 5 minutes later the air would be filled with small planes from the local air park.  5 minutes after that, the heavies would show up from McGuire Air base.  Each time it would dissappear over the orchard.  The river being right there, that's where it would hide.  The AF knew it was there, half the damn county knew about them.  But when questioned, the authorities said it was "ST. Elmo's fire".  Anyone who had been at sea for any time, knew it wasn't.

I often wonder if the Gov. isn't playing semantics with us.  If they know exactly what it is and where it came from, then it wouldn't be unidentified.  What I can tell you, is that the object we chased several times and flew right over us was no natural occurance.

Red, can you tell me what this "cable bug" looked like? It sounds like some sort of experimental aircraft (perhaps an early unmanned drone)
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2011 at 19:22

Here's another flying saucer, the British Avrocar. This was just one of many strange craft we were testing to get one up on Ivan
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2011 at 22:53
By the very definition of the acronym...I have seen dozens. They were at the moment.. 'unidentified' and 'flying' (not floating..iow. they were under propulsion of some sort) And were hence an an 'object' because I could not define or identify them as any other.

I once saw an object in Central West Texas that turned out to be an F117 flying at night observing my unit conducting training operations. Because the bird was highly classified yet.... we had no idea what the frack it was...it was there moving nearly silently and then gone.

Couple weeks later I was shown some camera tape by my Ops Officer... showing me and 7 other guys walking across the high plateau in a an excellent V formation. Supposedly to go make contact with a 'pretended' downed Apache pilot. That was the training mission. An SAR ops.

When I asked him who the frock shot the tape he replied with a laugh....USAF assets on high...giving us cover. Iow..it was a joint training ops that we had no foreknowledge of. Had no need to know etc...

The problem is not that UFOs exist..by definition..for they do.

And that many can be explained away as a result of extant knowledge and experience and technology.. for they can.

But when there is no rational explanation and or basis to draw a C/C to the aforementioned....it is not the observer who doubts generally.

It is Science at large.

Who convienently, has no immediate or subsequent answer necessarily either.

And yet.. all to often merely scoffs at the implausibility of a sighting, rather then do what they have been allegedly taught to do...which is investigate and maintain their scientific objectivity.

And they really hate it when the veracity and experience of a witness lends credibility to the occurrence of observation. Because that individual/s, for example, has been trained to be an excellent observer of his/her whereabouts and ongoing conditions and surroundings, topography, weather, and critical conditions that might effect mission performance and objectives accomplishment.

Don't believe me? Then go out on to the desert floor with no moon, in blackout drive conditions and conduct a  ground mounted zone recon or movement to contact. Or fly at 600 feet and do it. Even with night vision and thermals this is no easy task. Now compound it with a threat of unknown objects/aircraft flying overhead. Objects/Aircraft virtually silent or silent...lit up or not and with no previous experience basis from which to id them.

As a former qualified aerial and ground observer and scout..with 20 plus years of uniformed experience....when I tell ya that what I have seen was unknown and flying that's what I mean. Doesn't mean it's an ET.....but it don't mean it is not one either.

''Here endeth the lesson.''
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 19:01

Here's another odd plane that looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. It's the American VXT-8 coleopter, based on French experiments with VTOL after WWII
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 10:36

S. T. Friedman

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 11:39
Does a UFO have to be alien or does it qualify simply because it is unidentified?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 11:47
No,but driver can!There is driving school on earth for aliens!Send them your applications formular and you are in.WinkInstructor for alien flies on earth you receive on curse.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 11:53
Originally posted by medenaywe

No,but driver can!There is driving school on earth for aliens!Send them your applications formular and you are in.WinkInstructor for alien flies on earth you receive on curse.

Ha ha ha, medenaywe, send me a copy of the application and I'll give it a look. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 12:02
Call it,MBI!Denzel will do this for you.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 12:41
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Does a UFO have to be alien or does it qualify simply because it is unidentified?

UFO equals unidentified-flying-object.

''By the very definition of the acronym...I have seen dozens. They were at the moment.. 'unidentified' and 'flying' (not floating..iow. they were under propulsion of some sort) And were hence an an 'object' because I could not define or identify them as any other.''

S. T. Friedman

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 12:47
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

UFO equals unidentified-flying-object.

''By the very definition of the acronym...I have seen dozens. They were at the moment.. 'unidentified' and 'flying' (not floating..iow. they were under propulsion of some sort) And were hence an an 'object' because I could not define or identify them as any other.''
Yes thank you, CV, for the clarification. I thought it might be as you have defined, but I thought it better for the clarification. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 19:25
UFOs are undoubtedly man-made experimental military aircraft. Rumors of extraterrestrials were spread to conceal the truth
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2011 at 10:31
Originally posted by Nick1986

UFOs are undoubtedly man-made experimental military aircraft. Rumors of extraterrestrials were spread to conceal the truth

Nick, without a doubt, the military or whoever, used the UFO phenom. as a cover for X craft over the years.  But not all sightings fit that slot.  You asked what the craft I saw looked like.  It was small, disc. shaped.  It had the ability to hover and moved eratically.  When it became aware of small planes in the area it could accelarate and move in such a manner that if a human were in it that person would be squished against the inside of the craft.
Nick, this sighting happened in 1970, we still don't have a craft capable of moving like this did.

Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2011 at 19:03
Could it have been some sort of remote control craft or experimental missile?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 19:33

The Nazis designed the first flying saucers in the 1930s. The Sack AS-6 V-1 was an experimental fighter proposed in 1944. However, it was difficult to control and was badly damaged after its first flight. Instead of repairing it, the Germans broke it up for firewood!
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 19:50
Originally posted by red clay

Nick, without a doubt, the military or whoever, used the UFO phenom. as a cover for X craft over the years.  But not all sightings fit that slot.  You asked what the craft I saw looked like.  It was small, disc. shaped.  It had the ability to hover and moved eratically.  When it became aware of small planes in the area it could accelarate and move in such a manner that if a human were in it that person would be squished against the inside of the craft.
Nick, this sighting happened in 1970, we still don't have a craft capable of moving like this did.

My mother claims to have seen one in the early 70s, she was 16 at the time. It came quite close, hovering over the garden of her uncle's house. She says it lit up the whole neighborhood with its bright red light.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>