Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deadly Flying Guillotine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deadly Flying Guillotine
    Posted: 11-Oct-2011 at 20:17

The flying guillotine was, quite rightly, one of the most feared ninja weapons. Imperial assassins would lower it onto their unsuspecting victim's head and quickly remove it using the guillotine's sharp internal blades. However, some dispute this weapon's efficacy, or even its existence
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2012 at 19:21
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2012 at 00:22
I don't think it is a ninja weapon, but more along the line of mainland China. I have never seen anything that resembles it in true history, but who knows.

In the manga, Blade of the Immortal, there is a cool version that the antagonist throws at his intended target. Instead of a 'basket', it resembles a handcuff and swings around the neck when it makes contact. Once attached...simply pull.  :)

Edited by okamido - 16-Feb-2012 at 00:25
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2012 at 19:23
CoolCool I'll have to check out that manga
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2012 at 19:38
During the Napoleonic Wars the French army was accompanied by a squad of armed judges equipped with a flying guillotine. No descriptionexists, but i assume it was simply a regular guillotine on wheels rather than a handheld ninja weapon
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=maJRAAAAYAAJ&dq=historical%20flying%20guillotine&pg=PA94#v=onepage&q&f=false
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2012 at 10:55
Originally posted by Nick1986

During the Napoleonic Wars the French army was accompanied by a squad of armed judges equipped with a flying guillotine. No descriptionexists, but i assume it was simply a regular guillotine on wheels rather than a handheld ninja weapon
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=maJRAAAAYAAJ&dq=historical%20flying%20guillotine&pg=PA94#v=onepage&q&f=false
If I remember right this was depicted in one of the episodes of Sharpe, and maybe they based it on something they had read up on.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2012 at 21:37
I saw that movie when I was a kid but I still remember some scene of a man walking/jumping around  like some chicken after his head was sliced of! Dead

Star

Edited by Sander - 26-Mar-2012 at 21:39
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2012 at 19:25
In the movie the old monk targeted one-armed men to avenge the killing of his two disciples until Jimmy Wang kicked his ass
 Post Reply Post Reply