Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Werewolves!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Werewolves!
    Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 17:01
Originally posted by Nick1986

The autumn full moon is known as a "Hunter's Moon" due to its brightness. Perhaps the reason werewolves transformed at the full moon was because this was the best time to hunt?

Possibly. But their sight is exceptional...even during periods of extended darkness...ala the arctic.
If the origination is with a hunter's moon it would have benefited the hunter not the werewolf. Tradition relays their aggressive, hunting styles and tactics in approach and pack reliance. It also relays their intelligence, and abilities to camo, use cover and concealment and, or exist and operate in varied terrains and climatic conditions.

Consequently, The man who becomes the wolf is not something to be trifled with.

Your best bet at countering them is a Navajo or Apache Shaman's guidance. Otoh. a 12 gauge with 00 buck and backed with silver loaded slugs is a quality option.

And btw.....don't anyone urinate in your pants while engaging, it's a distraction.Wink

You got time for that after the meanie is dead on the ground.

Amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2012 at 08:27
Originally posted by yomud

Traditionally, silver from a church crucifix was believed to be a powerful protection from evil. This belief must have prechristian origins

first question is why silver ! :D there is alot of metals but people choses silver as protection why ?
second  does werewolves has legend origin or just made by hollywood u know we have very similar monster name itbarak and it said live northwest of oghuz territory which means somewhere  in russia or ukrain (oghuz territory is north of khazarian sea ) and i just hear ( with no prov or source)origin of dracula and vampires legend are somewhere  in romania and eastern europe
[/QUOTE]
Stories of werewolves and vampires predate Hollywood: it was thought the devil granted witches the ability to transform into animals
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2012 at 17:12
Silver is a traditional anti-septic, and it's true it does have anti-septic qualities and is still used for this in modern medicine.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2012 at 16:12

Traditionally, silver from a church crucifix was believed to be a powerful protection from evil. This belief must have prechristian origins
[/QUOTE]

first question is why silver ! :D there is alot of metals but people choses silver as protection why ?
second  does werewolves has legend origin or just made by hollywood u know we have very similar monster name itbarak and it said live northwest of oghuz territory which means somewhere  in russia or ukrain (oghuz territory is north of khazarian sea ) and i just hear ( with no prov or source)origin of dracula and vampires legend are somewhere  in romania and eastern europe
yomud are free people
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2012 at 09:14

lol that was funny :DClap this is a website can give u info about turkmen silver crafting 

www.metmuseum.org/en/exhibitions/listings/2012/turkmen-jewelry

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/turk/hd_turk.htm

there must be a connection about legends :D

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 12:52
lol that was funny :DClap this is a website can give u info about turkmen silver crafting 

www.metmuseum.org/en/exhibitions/listings/2012/turkmen-jewelry

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/turk/hd_turk.htm

there must be a connection about legends :D

yomud are free people
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 07:37

among turkmens silver is Savior metal we believe it can stop curse save babys protect  people from monsters and evil eye it said werewolves get hurt by silver

Sounds similar to the silver bullet used to kill vampires
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 18:42
Originally posted by Toltec

One of the best western movies in recent years is about a wendigo, it's called Ravenous and well worth checking out.

I love that movie. I haven't seen it for a few years, but I will have to look it up.

Of course Vampires are still reported today.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/vampire-threat-terrorizes-serbian-village/story?id=17831327

Edited by Rocky - 30-Nov-2012 at 18:50
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 17:45
among turkmens silver is Savior metal we believe it can stop curse save babys protect  people from monsters and evil eye it said werewolves get hurt by silver

yomud are free people
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 09:31
One of the best western movies in recent years is about a wendigo, it's called Ravenous and well worth checking out.

History Planet Website
<br /
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 09:22
The Indians also have a type of vampire or ghoul known as a Wendigo. If you ever see one, you also become a Wendigo
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 12:04
Wouldn't it be better to report them to the local pound.

History Planet Website
<br /
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 10:48
Native Americans have the "Shape Shifters", which they take very seriously.  There are instances where they have been reported to the tribal police.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 10:42
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Are we taking this seriously?

Werewolves exist in order to track down and kill vampires...of course...before they had a chance to marry the Witches of Salem. 

Next? Big smile

As a side note, has anyone else heard that in Europe, thousands of people were executed for being werewolves or witches? I heard that on a documentary years ago, but I cannot confirm how many people were executed.

My guess is that the usual culprit was a neighbor, because it seems that if you told on someone for the crime of witchcraft or lycanthropy, you would received their land.

Oh, here is the link I forgot to post.Embarrassed

http://historicmysteries.com/history-of-the-werewolf-legend

Edited by Rocky - 25-Nov-2012 at 10:54
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 10:30
Are we taking this seriously?

Werewolves exist in order to track down and kill vampires...of course...before they had a chance to marry the Witches of Salem. 

Next? Big smile
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 08:25
Originally posted by medenaywe

But wolf was part of one other story tale also!

Little Red Riding Hood, perhaps?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2011 at 13:50
But wolf was part of one other story tale also!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2011 at 19:56
The autumn full moon is known as a "Hunter's Moon" due to its brightness. Perhaps the reason werewolves transformed at the full moon was because this was the best time to hunt?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2011 at 00:52
Identification problems or behind stands description of something else:(Why wolf is inside transformation!?!
http://schizophrenia.emedtv.com/schizophrenia/symptoms-of-schizophrenia.html
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2011 at 19:05
Where did the idea werewolves transformed at the full moon originate? It has almost pagan connotations
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>