Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Knights Templar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
kut_throat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kut_throat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Knights Templar
    Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 00:24

I have been doing some independent research on the Knights Templar after getting into them through books and movies. This Guild intriged me, so I have been following the history of the Templar Knights. Through my research I have found that there may be evidance that a small handfull of Knights who escaped the arrestes with some of the secrets and/or treasures either to Scotland or Scandinavia, as well as merging with other franternities such as the Free Masons. But there are some therories that I have come up with after digging around and reading many different articiles of the history of The Knights Templar. One thing that I have found to be very odd is that both Pope Clement and King Phillip both died within a year after the arrests of a very large amount Knights. I haven't been able to find any evidence to to back this up but I believe that the Knights Templar had a handful of assassin's that were similar today mercinaries. I wonder if those who escaped persicution ended up being the ones who murdered those responsible for disbanding the Templar Knights. But did the Templar Knights have assassins in their ranks? And did the Knights make it to Amercia with the Scandinavians who ventured to America? What do you think?

(Sorry for the misspellings)
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2011 at 20:39
Highly unlikely. If the Templars did colonise America Columbus would have found an advanced society with iron weapons rather than Indians who lived very much the same as they did during the Stone Age
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2011 at 21:05
Agreed. That's been a nice to go to.. catch can as will.... theory that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Given the readily available options for the order that were not only closer to home (Spain in particular where mainstream agrees they were rolled into other orders and or Switzerland etc.) but even under guise; would have supported their continued  now forced clandestine activities and their command and control of their wealth and economic enterprises.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2011 at 12:49

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2011 at 20:47
That's where my dad lives. He took me to that cave when i was a small child. The dates being 1550 rather than 1350 makes sense. Perhaps they were left by an early visitor?
claymore View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote claymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2011 at 17:30
STORY GOES THAT THE TEMPLERS DID GET TO AMERICA.
BUT DID NOT SURVIVE LONG  AS TO MAKE AN IMPACT
TEMPLER WRITINGS ARE ON GRAVE STONES IN NORTH AMERICA
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2011 at 20:56
It was not impossible for them sail west given the tech.....but probable? Given the alternatives? No.
Sail westward into the unknown and you lose what's left of your power and influence in an already well established hierarchy of feudalism and the perks and privileges associated with it.

Better to be assimilated into orders that remained within the acceptable order of the day and exert your influence clandestinely. Not to mention continue to exert control of the aforementioned without the risk associated. That comes later as a result of a myriad of reasons associated with medieval international realpolitik.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 12-Oct-2011 at 20:58

S. T. Friedman

unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 12:28
Agreed CV, it makes absolutely no sense for them to sail off into the unknown. For what reason, to set up banking institutions for the stone age tribes? Certainly the available history supports what you pointed out.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 14:01
Will western governments do the same with modern way Templer Knights,green money loaners,bankers as Philip IV and Pope Clement?
http://www.mygen.com/users/bruce/myths.html
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/templars.html
claymore View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote claymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 15:36
i dont disagree whith everything you all say, but if legend is true
the templers were hiding something ,if so what better place than america at that time.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 15:51
The obvious.

Iow.

Which is to say any vault in any church...monastery.... castle fortification.....etc. in Spain or elsewhere. Where convenience allows for it's security and control by the order representatives. And which they could more easily physically identify or confirm it's existence or audit it's value without having to travel 3000 miles to the west.

Common sense dictates that a massive amount of physical monetary wealth could not easily be accessed hidden in some cave in the Appalachia for usage on the continent of Europe.

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2011 at 19:46
I don't buy it either. The templars could, and did, find shelter in neutral countries and remote areas, including England, Portugal, and parts of eastern Germany
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2011 at 00:22
try eastern European countries including Russia!They are on one of Baltic countries flag.
claymore View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote claymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 15:29
hopfully someday we will find out if they did or didn't
i will keep an open mind,logic is not always the answer.
how many times has history told us this was more logical
only to find out different years later
Chookie View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Chookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 15:43
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

It was not impossible for them sail west given the tech.....but probable? Given the alternatives? No.

Agreed as farv as it goes.
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Sail westward into the unknown and you lose what's left of your power and influence in an already well established hierarchy of feudalism and the perks and privileges associated with it.

But it wasn't unknown. Despite what we read in the history books, the existence of "lands across the sea" was well known to fishermen and sailors. The Portuguese had been fishing the Grand Banks for centuries, the Norse had been in Greenland for centuries and had explored Vinland, Helluland and Markland.

It's possible there were some Templar-type people along on Prince Henry Sinclair's expedition in 1398.....
For money you did what guns could not do.........
claymore View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote claymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 15:54
were the sinclair family nights templer or a  just a story
Karalem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Karalem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 15:56
btw, how comes Columbus expected to find Indians on the other side. He must have known that the world was a globe. Copernicus was born in 1473, 19 years before the discovery, and his works appeared after the date.
claymore View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote claymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 16:17
never new columbus expected to find indians as such
had he been a viking he would have , they got there first
drawing on a grave in norway with indian like apearence
Karalem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Karalem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 16:31
He expected to find Indians from India as the story goes. One reason for the expedition was to find a shorter route to India. So he took for granted that he was sailing round the globe.

Native Americans dont particulary look like Indians, although for a European at that time someone with exotic looks could be put into one bag.
Karalem View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Karalem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2011 at 16:38
Vikings were often capers working for governments and merchants, that is when they were no busy attacking them.  Never heard they could have been ex-Templars in their alternative incarnation. its worth considering.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>