Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AK-47 or M-16? NATO or Warsaw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which one do you think was better?The good old Kelesh or the mighty?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
19 [21.84%]
53 [60.92%]
14 [16.09%]
1 [1.15%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AK-47 or M-16? NATO or Warsaw?
    Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 04:46
Well AK-47 is very cheap and efficient about heat however it doesnt have the best accuracy, like M-16...
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 05:18
I don't like how M-16 rattles.  And its too light  And I think more ppl use Ak-47 than any other gun
Grrr..
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 05:36
Ordem e Progresso
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 06:42
the only reason why armies use M16 is because it is made in the USA and they don't want to buy the alternative AK47 because they weren't commies.

The G3 came later so shouldn't figure into this eqn.

Anyway, we used to use the M16, (before we converted to SAR21), and common consensus decreed that the AK-47 was a much better weapon, both in power and hardiness.
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 06:46

Actually we all know that they changed the barrels of many AK-47s to 7.62 so that they can now be used by NATO bullets.

For example the Turkish Gendermarie is using AK-47s although Turkey is a NATO country from top to bottom...

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 14:51

I voted G3 because it served well my country.

I realized it was reliable even in a wet enviroment as in the jungles of southern Mexico.

We were able to difference the sound of it blast compared with the AK's and other weapons of the EZLN.

Plus, the accesories were helpfull as the grenade fired by a blank cartdrige, or the M203 grenade launcher.

Regards

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 15:17

Originally posted by demon

I don't like how M-16 rattles.  And its too light  And I think more ppl use Ak-47 than any other gun

If you think an M16 rattles, you should try a Kalashnikov. They sound like they don't contain a single non-loose part 

Edited by Styrbiorn
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 15:28
True  It's hollow inside as well- Russian ingenuity.

Edited by demon
Grrr..
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 19:44

m-16 is superior, most countries cant afford them.

EDIT: dont want to pay for them

Edited by Catt
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2004 at 20:52

bullpup enfield is the most advanced, best all around performance, but if I was trapped out all alone the extreme reliability of the AK would be my pic.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 00:20

I voted the AK but I think that in the hands of highly trained soldiers the M16 will perform better because they know how to use it to its fullest potential while the AK is better for the run of the mill conscript because he does not need to learn much or maintain it.

fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 13:04
Originally posted by Catt

m-16 is superior, most countries cant afford them.

EDIT: dont want to pay for them

even though the m16 is more expensive, it is not superior to the AK. The only reason some countries use them is because during the cold war there were 2 options m16 or AK, and if you were soviet bloc you went with AK, if you were  US you went with m16.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 21:05
true in many situations here, but it doesnt change the fact that the newest models of the M16 are superior to the AK47.
Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 03:19
Dragunov was supposed to be the equivalent of the HK PSG-1 but....
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 12:02

Originally posted by Catt

true in many situations here, but it doesnt change the fact that the newest models of the M16 are superior to the AK47.

but the AK is more reliable, there's not her automatic rifle that can be fired in a sandstorm and still works.

cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 00:33

Israeli Galils are good dessert ARs against the finest sands but some of its design is based on the AK.

the AK47 is rugged,reliable and probably the best reason why it is distributed in mass form but the M16 if taken care of is just as reliable.If you throw some AKs at monkeys, i guess they will last longer.

It boils down to a preference which i would want to be outfitted with.I believe a unit armed with M16/CAR-15s which makes less noise and flash to give away positions and has the superior shot in accuracy will be more successful against a unit armed with AKs in most battle scenarios.I will have the better shot.

We just have to admire a gun that stands the test of time since 1947 ..or 1944

Gallipoli View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gallipoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 03:21
Dont start with the Israeli rifles,thats a whole lot issue to be discussed seperately
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 15:06
well, if we ignore reliability and stuff, I would go with a Steyr Aug any time...
Arkhanson View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Arkhanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 09:15
I voted  to Ak-47. Structure of Ak-47 is stronger than m-16.Ak 47 is more effective than M-16 at close combat. It's rate of fire maybe lower than M-16 but AK-47's Bullet is stronger
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:19
AK 47

+Cheap
+Easy to make
+Easy repair
+Long range
+High accruate
+Powerful
+Sataionary
+Easy to use
+Change Magazine is fast.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>