Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sindh, Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sindh, Pakistan
    Posted: 20-Sep-2011 at 21:36
Sindh is the southern most province of pakistan, its historical and very cultural:

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2011 at 21:36

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2011 at 21:37

Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 06:41
Here's a map of the ancient kingdom of Sindh

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 07:34
Originally posted by balochii

could you tell me more things about this building? do you know which civilization built it? and when?

Edited by Ollios - 21-Sep-2011 at 07:35
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 17:39
^ i am not 100% sure but i think it was built in the 11 or 12th century by some central asian empire, probably some turkic or persian empire
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2011 at 17:40
the central asians left a great amounts of monuments in pakistan and northern india, including ofcourse the most famous (taj Mahal) but there are thousands of other monuments
sarfarazabbasi View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote sarfarazabbasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2015 at 01:54
Please don't spread invalid information - this was not built by Persians or Turk. This was built by by local Sindhi rulers Samma dynasty, Tarkhan, Arghun and so on.

Edited by sarfarazabbasi - 07-Mar-2015 at 01:54
Sarfaraz Abbasi
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2015 at 03:07
Originally posted by sarfarazabbasi

Please don't spread invalid information - this was not built by Persians or Turk. This was built by by local Sindhi rulers Samma dynasty, Tarkhan, Arghun and so on.

It seems they effected Turkic Delhi Sultan a lot.
Andrew Roosevelt View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Andrew Roosevelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2015 at 08:07
Amazing collection, thanks for these, I bookmarked this post so that I can use it later for reference.

Most of these structures looks similar to Persian and Turkic architecture to me. Also the local provincial kingdoms by this time were all subject to Delhi Sultanate (and in pre-islamic times they were either raj put kingdoms or vassals of Rajputs or other Kingdoms based in modern day India.

I am not a Business Acumen expert, I just share what little I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply