Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pashtuns dna match to russians?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pashtuns dna match to russians?
    Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 03:52
This is a latest study of the afghan Dna makeup and it is pretty surprising indeed

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...9lqRQ3Yw&pli=1

The study cited above is the most recent (published 2011). There are two astonishing results from the study i.e.,

• the north population (non-Pashtuns) and south population (Pashtuns) are genetically distinct with the northern group exihibiting more genetic diversity than the southern group. The authors ascribe the higher diversity to the impact of Silk route which facilitated population interaction. The southern population (Pashtuns) were relatively isolated and so have less gene diversity. Furthermore, the authors attribute gene segregation between the two population to the role of Hindukush which formed a barrier to gene flow between north and south populations. The authors even propose assiging different population ids to the two population based on the genetic differences between the two.
  • another interesting result is the degree to which contributions have been made to the two population by other genetically similar populations. According to authors, population of the northern Afghanistan is genetically more close to South Central Asian population compared to the southern population, which is genetically more close to two populations i.e., Lipezkaja and Penzenskaja in Southwest Russia. According to authors, Southwestern Russian population has made 94.4% contribution to Southern Population whereas to the northern population, it has made some 62% contribution (26% of the northern pop gene pool comes from South Central Asia).

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 03:56
^ its seems pashtuns from both afghanistan and pakistan are very closely related to southwest russian population like Lipezkaja and Penzenskaja

many pashtuns indeed show europeans features physically, perhaps now we know why, because at some point in the past their population must have migrated from Russia towards the afghanistan/pakistan area. perhaps with the indo aryan movements, nobody knows
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 11:56
bump
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2011 at 02:06
this a good paper just published on pashtuns: http://rjgg.org/index.php/RJGG/article/view/106/121

Edited by balochii - 13-Sep-2011 at 02:08
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2011 at 02:08
Pashtuns have the highest rate of R1a1a dna in the world, which makes them the most likely candidate to be the descendants of Indo aryans and it makes sense since we know that aryans invaded india through afghanistan
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2011 at 17:23
Post here pictures of those people and their folk cloths!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2011 at 08:54
I think I can remember reading somewhere about discrimination shown to those showing traits thought to have occurred from invasions by Genghis Khan and Tamerlane.  
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2011 at 19:19
Thanks Balochi. I wish i was in a position to answer, but i know little history outside of EuropeCry
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 05:13
Many Russians and Ukrainians have significant (but not majority) intermixture with Huns and Tatars.  I say 10-20% of them have the Haplogroup N marker (Central Asian origin giveaway).

Pashtun are not pure either.  There is some Haplogroup J among them (evidence of Arabic genetic contributions in Iran, Afghanistan, northern India areas).  They also found a couple percent Haplogroup O among them (East Asian or Central Asian influence).
 Post Reply Post Reply