Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

afghan empires underrated?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: afghan empires underrated?
    Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 23:07
before the mughals, north india was ruled by many afghan dynasties, but we hardly hear about them in history. Afghanistan today has become a dead country, but once it was a great country, but unfortunatly no body from outside cares about  there great history

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 23:14
I think as a general statement you are correct in the current time frame...but as historians come and go I am well aware of some of those events and concur that even given the contentious events then and since they were a remarkable series of events... particularly the Achaemenid era.

But the nation state as whole.... has as you no doubt know and appreciate has had a series of great historical epics and eras.

I mean just think of them....

CC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Afghanistan

The history there is astounding and well deserving of even a general study.

Thumbs Up
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2011 at 19:07
While Afghanistan may no longer be the great empire it once was, you have to admire the mountain tribes for their ability to defeat larger and better equipped armies since ancient times
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 05:47
I think Sultanate of Ghazni (Ghaznavid Empire) was the Golden Period in the Afghan History.
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 17:14

The Kushan period was also a golden period for the Gandharan civilizations of this region.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 19:05
How did Afghanistan collapse into anarchy? I imagine the players of the Great Game were in some way responsible
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2012 at 21:14
How did Afghanistan collapse into anarchy? I imagine the players of the Great Game were in some way responsible

Not Great Game rather the Cold War between U.S.A. and U.S.S.R., where U.S.S.R. was supporting the communists and Pakistan and U.S.A. were supporting the fundamentalists..

Edited by oxydracae - 22-Mar-2012 at 21:14
 Post Reply Post Reply