Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

european huns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
benzin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote benzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: european huns
    Posted: 10-Jun-2011 at 13:12
Guys, chill down !

Ever in history a leading nation was always expanding and arrogant, thats the symptom of mankind, not only europeans, turks, russians, white race, etc.

Kanas : What I wrote to you I didnt take it as a propaganda, Im not some kind of nationalist, so you are on the wrong path my friend if you call me this way.

My interest is history. And the reason for that Im on forums with that interest is because the official history of Hungary leaves very much question behind, its based on very few written historical sources (more or less the Gesta Hungarorum (13th century) and the De Administrando Imperio by Constantine Porphyrogenitus, X. century) and about the fact that some of the most basic words of the hungarian language are of finno ugrian origin.

Even these 2 written source says confusing things wich doesnt recognized by the official theory. For example in the De Administrando, Constantine call us Turks and says our former name was Sabartoi Asphaloi. Thats pretty interesting that the hungarian ambassador call ourselves turks in byzantine, if we are not related to turks anyhow.

Even if you read it on wikipedia,- wich is unserious that you take as a reliable resource -you wont be able to find more finno ugrian word relates to hungarian than turkic. You have the internet. Take a try. At least I couldnt, even though I speak the language.

The truth is that less osmanic words to be found as well in hungarian language than old turkic. All the old turkic words wich are related to hungarian are base words of a language (lot of them doesnt even represent in the turkish language !)

Because Im sure you still dont believe me I give you some examples you can see what Im talking about. (These words are not related officially, or the academy of sciences never checked these turkic languages with hungarian)

Drum : Dob - doba (gagauz), dobul (kirgiz) dobil (kazah)
Grass : Gyep - Tsöp (kirgiz)
Weak : Gyenge - Jenge (osman turkic) Jengi (gagauz word for woman)
Children : Gyerek - Törüöh (yakut), Tyereh (Chuvash)
Mouth : Ajak - Ayah (yakut)
Anger : Harag - Gahar (Türkmen), kahar (kazah)
Hand : Kacs - Katsa (Chuvash), koltsoh (karaim tatar)
Mixed eyed : Kancsal - Hantsar (Chuvash)
Nice, astonishing : Kellemes - Kemelle (Chuvash), Künyelle (tatar)
Narrow, small : Keskeny - Ketchkene (tatar), kiskene (karakalpak)
Forgiveness : Kegyelem - Kecirim (kirgiz)
Well : Kút - Kutuk (altai turkic), kuduk (tuvan kirgiz and uigur)
He has bad mood : Mogorva - Mugur (karachay balkar) makarti (chuvash)
Saddle : Nyereg - Jeger (kumik) Jeher (Azerbaidjani)
Size, Quantity : Öl - Öltsö (kirgiz), Öltsu (gagauz)
Little : Pici - Bitsi (kirgiz) Pecek (Chuvash)
Hope : Remeny - Eremnyi (yakut)
Ancestor : Ős - Ős (tuvan word for ancestry)
Flat : Sima - Soma (tatar) Jilma (Karaim tatar)
Row : Sor - Sira (gagauz, osman turkish)
Lot of : Sok - tsok (osman turkic, gagauz) tsoh (azerbajdzani)
Ray : Sugár - Sugla (türmén)
Stiff : Sűrű - Sera (Chuvash) Sürü (osman türkic word for mass of)

These are only some examples the list is much longer, and it contains several grammatical relations with these languages also.

What Im writing up here are based on facts and works of several serious linguists, I did took pretty much time with my researches too so anyone who thinks Im not right somewhere are welcome to prove the opposite.

Once again, Im not saying Hungarian is a Turkic language, but its for sure much more related to them as its considered "officially".

Edited by benzin - 10-Jun-2011 at 13:35
benzin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote benzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2011 at 13:18
some more:

Forward : Elöre - Ileri (türkish)
Like this : ily, oly - ejle (türkmén) öjle (osman türkic)
from there : onnan - annan (tatar) unnon (bashkir)
there : ott, ottan - onda (kazakh, karakalpak), unta (csuvash)
after that : azután - azaktan (tatar, bashkir)
cow : ökör - veker (chuvash)
mother, father : anya, atya - ana, ata (pronounced more or less the same in each türkic lang)
owl : bagoly - baygus (several türkic lang.)
kind of a bird : daru - daru (altaic languages)
old word for smell : Íz - is (karaim tatar, tatar) iyis (baskir, nogai, karachay, balkar)
nail : szeg - sege (kazak, karakalpak), tsege (kirgiz)
word : szav - sav (osman türkic) sab (old turkic)
billet : tönk - tönnye (türkmén) tüngek (karaim tatar)
merchant : tőzsér - tedzhir (türkmén), tüdzhar (osman türkic)
great grandfather : Ük apa - üjken ata (türkmen) ülken apa (karakalpak)
great grandmathar : Ük anya - üjken ana (türkmen) ülken ana (karakalpak)
kind of an aminal : cickany - tiskan (türkmén)
to beat : ver - vers (chuvash to fight) verse (chuvash word for war)
to walk : jár - jur (uigur), juru (karaim tatar)
to hit, to cut : csap - tsap (kirgiz, türkmén)
to cut : szab - sap (chuvash), saba (kirgiz) sap (nogai)
base of to drink : isz - is (nogaim ujgur, csuvash, kazah, tuvan)
warming up : izzit - izit (tuvan) isit (karaim tatar)
need of sg. : kell - kül (ceremis, züryen) kirle (chuvash)
same etimology for grape : szöllö - sirla (chuvash)
to lead, to follow : kisér - kösir (nogai, karakalpak) kütser (tatar)
kind of a noise : kong - kag (karakalpak, balkar) hangin (mongol)
to lick : nyal - sula (chuvash) zhala (karakalpak, kirgiz) djala (karachay balkar) please note : türkish word starting j, kirgiz zh, balkar dz, chuvash s used to became ny in hungarian in many words.
to expand : nyúl - zhayil (karakalpak), dzhajil (balkar)
cook, to burn : perzsel - pezher (chuvash), bisir (tatar)
to teach : tanit - tanit (to give knowledge : osman türkic, karaim tatar)
became, starts existing : terem - tere, törö (tatar, kirgiz, yakut, mongol)
rotating : terenget - tegeret (tatar), töngeret (karacay balkar)
to beat : ver - ber (tatar) ver (chuvash)
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2011 at 00:37
[QUOTE=benzin]Guys, chill down !

He's right men. Name calling and insulting back and forth wont get it. So slow down and breathe or I will do it for you.

It's that simple.

CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 11-Jun-2011 at 00:38
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2011 at 14:00

To the @ MediaWarLord

I`m not ashamed of my ancestrors. It is absolutely certain that they lived in the territory of what today is called Asia. In historical perspective 2000 years ago European and Asian had no modern relevance. Both Miletus and Athens were in Ellada. Acient Thracians lived in the Balkans and in Asia Minor (Bithynia). Gauls also lived in Asia Minor (Galatia) without suffering from a cultural inferiority complex and with not significantly different from their relatives in lifestyle in Western Europe at that time. You are who try to provoke and who play with terms "Asian"-"European" in modern aspect. Your real reason is obviously political.

To the @ Benzin

I`m not sure what kind of nationalist you are. In fact you are just propagator of lies, but in contrast of MediaWarLand more perfidious. For your information I pointed to an example Wikipedia, because it is easy for my opponent to check. Not because I rely solely on Wikipedia. Publicity of Wikipedia allows for correction of incorrect texts and texts with propaganda-oriented. Moreover people mostly from Hungary check and administer page of Hungarian language. They publish what is the most recent on the theme. I think the opinion of Hungarian linguists and more important than the opinion of Russian (originated from Tatarstan) or American (sponsored by the Pan-Turkist foundations) linguists, when it comes to Hungarian language. Also I have to say that I do not use only the Internet, but I have hundreds of books on historical grounds in my library. The words you pointing as an example could easily be in these 9.5 percent words in Hungarian came from the Turkish language. We also have some Turkish word in Bulgarian language. I have Hungarian dictonary, but I don`t have Chuvash, Tatar, Kyrgyz and other dictonary to check the authenticity of the words. Find some discrepancies in the Hungarian words. Like word - szó, not "szav". I also find that some words look close to the IE languages:

ökör(cow?) - vaka (Latin) - obor(cowshed in Bulgarian)
bagoly (owl) - buhal (Bulgarian), ugle (Norwegian)
oly (like this)- ole (Spanish), voila (French)

MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2011 at 14:05
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Your real reason is obviously political.
I hate politics, but I luve history! LOL
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 21:33
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

More precisely, Hungarian is an Ugrian language. Ugrian people make part of a bigger Uyghur (Xinjiang) Turkic ethnic group.

I think you're confused. The urgian languages are part of the Uralic language family which is a separate language family from the Altaic family.
Uyghur is a Turkic language part of the Altaic family. The similarity between the two names Uyghur and Ugrian is coincidental as far as I can see. besides there's not much similar sound between the two names.
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 21:36
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Kurds are known as proud and friendly people that love justice and freedom. We're not known as racists. This perception will exist forever!

But according you everyboydy outside Europe is an Arab or a Turk. But hey, Europeans are the purest peoples on earth, right?

Hungarians speak an Ugrian language: - FACT!
An Ugrian language has nothing to do with IE languages: - FACT!
An Ugrian language is related to other Turkic languages: - FACT!

Yes but neither are Altaic languages tied to Uralic languages so what's the point? There was a Alto-Uralic theory which is now discounted but then there's also an Indo-European-Uralic theory as well.
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 21:42

Indo-Uralic is a hypothetical language family consisting of Indo-European and Uralic.

A genetic relationship between Indo-European and Uralic was first proposed by the Danish linguist Vilhelm Thomsen in 1869 (Pedersen 1931:336) but was received with little enthusiasm. Since then, the predominant opinion in the linguistic community has remained that the evidence for such a relationship is insufficient. However, a minority of linguists has always taken the contrary view (e.g. Henry Sweet, Holger Pedersen, Björn Collinder, Warren Cowgill and Jochem Schindler).

There are two distinct questions here (cf. Greenberg 2005:325):

(1) Are Indo-European and Uralic genetically related?

(2) If so, do Indo-European and Uralic constitute a valid genetic node? The Eurasiatic and Nostratic hypotheses both consider Indo-European and Uralic (or Uralic-Yukaghir) to be genetically related. However, the Indo-Uralic hypothesis in the strict sense is distinct from this: it maintains that Indo-European and Uralic have an especially close genetic relationship, and does not necessarily include assertions that Indo-European and Uralic are related to any other language families.

At the same time, most of the supporters of a relationship between Indo-European and Uralic have also supported their relationship to additional language families, leading some to regard Indo-Uralic as a subset of the larger Nostratic hypothesis.

The following article focuses on question (1), genetic relationship, and only treats incidentally of question (2), possible relation to other language families.

Source: http://indo-uralic-languages.co.tv/ 

Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 12:38
Indo-Uralic???

Wacko LOL

Indo-European is much closer to the Semitic and languages from the Caucasus than to the Uralic languages. So there is also a hypothetical Indo-Semitic language family. But that doesn't make any sense, like Indo-Uralic doesn't make any sense...

Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 12:46
Btw, I don't speak Turkish nor Hungarian, but both languages 'sound' the same. But hey, for me all Asiatic languages from Hungarian and Turkish to Mandarin and Japanese sound the same...
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 22:19
No there's no proof Indo-European is any closer o Semitic than it is to Uralic. You called Hungarian an Altaic language which is not correct at all.

Ural-Altaic hypothesis is no longer considered valid. Indo-uralic and Indo-Semitic are still being studied. Also note that other Afro-Asiatic languages are not similar to IE except for semitic.

That's why the Indo-Semitic hypothesis is considered complex. Also the Ural mountains are much closer to Proto-Indo-European homeland.

It's just incorrect to say that just because a language in Europe is not IE therefor it must be Altaic or Turkic.
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 10:09
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

No there's no proof Indo-European is any closer o Semitic than it is to Uralic. You called Hungarian an Altaic language which is not correct at all.

Ural-Altaic hypothesis is no longer considered valid. Indo-uralic and Indo-Semitic are still being studied. Also note that other Afro-Asiatic languages are not similar to IE except for semitic.

That's why the Indo-Semitic hypothesis is considered complex. Also the Ural mountains are much closer to Proto-Indo-European homeland.

It's just incorrect to say that just because a language in Europe is not IE therefor it must be Altaic or Turkic.
No, that's simply not true! The dispute is not yet resolved. And from the 1990s, interest in a relationship between the Uralic and Altaic families has been revived in the context of the Eurasiatic hypothesis.

And in relation between IE - Semitic on one side and IE - Uralic on other side:

Europe is much closer to Africa and the Middle East than to China. The Mediterranean Sea always did it work to connect Semitic lands with Europe. There always have been heavy exchanges between Semitic lands and Europe. Think about the ancient Egypt, Greece, the Roman Empire. Ties between the Semtic lands and Europe are historical!
Also one other thing to take into the consideration. Semitic peoples are caucasoid and Uralic peoples are mongoloid! I know that that caucasoid, mongoloid issue is a little bit old dated and from the past.

Scheme 1 shows that the genetic distance between Semitic and IE population is closer than to Asiatic peoples! Schemes 2 and 3 are clustering Altaic and Uralic languages very close to each other!

scheme 1

scheme 2

scheme 3

Edited by MediaWarLord - 15-Jun-2011 at 10:27
khun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote khun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2011 at 10:15
Moden
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2011 at 10:53
We need their original name:How did they call themselves?Hun was name that was given to them on Med sea soil.It means literary:Arrows from mouth(He!)...Look at the picture it had matched... Big smile
khun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote khun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2011 at 07:11
FYI

Mongolia marks many historic anniversaries this year. For instance, in connection with the 2220th Anniversary of the Founding of Mongolia's Statehood – "Hunnu Empire" (Xianu or Southern Hun Empire) – a Peace Festival of Nations of Hunnu Origin is going to be organised. Representatives of 33 countries have been invited to attend this great event.

Wadjet Horus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Wadjet Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2011 at 19:20
Dont be ashamed of huns and mongols, east asians love to follow, see mongolian brothers are celebrating having been under hunnic and mongolic rule for 2200 years. Jooz get sum assun wimminz, dawg.Embarrassed
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2011 at 18:08
Sorry to butt in on an interesting conversation, but I would follow the lead of A.T. Fomenko, etal, and propose that the "huns" were the "cossack" army or cavalry of old Russia.

Regards,

I corrected the spelling of "butt!" Smile

Edited by opuslola - 13-Jul-2011 at 18:10
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
d' artagnan View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Spawn of P,C,MA

Quote d' artagnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2011 at 19:38
Good old Ron with your ever interesting ideas. The only problem I can find is that if that was true why not just call them the Scythians like thay always had before.

And why have all my stars dissapeared again.
Hunter Johns

"We're surrounded? Good, now we can kill the bastards in any direction."
— Col. Chesty Puller | Korean War
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123