Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was there a genocide in 1915?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was there a genocide in 1915?
    Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 06:37

"Justice" wrote:

"Your so called historians will be arrested and deserve to sent in prison for creating a propaganda.Your Denial is a Genocide."

now i see what you are talking about,you do not know the meaning of genocide......

now this is stupid

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 07:04

[QUOTE=ArmenianSurvival]
Yes, there were some Armenian guerillas that killed innocent Turks. This was after the Armenian massacres had started. The Armenian guerillas were independent of any government, while Turkish massacres of Armenians were government planned. Thats the definition of genocide. No one is denying that some Armenians killed Turks, so likewise you should stop denying your nations faults.

Yes, there were some Armenian guerillas that killed innocent Turks. This were before the Armenian exile  had started. And no Goverment didnt killed armenians(Infact you have not a genocide order,  and Young Turks are not like hitler, They dont hate armenians)  but Some Turks and Kurds killer armenians. Do you claim Young Turks hate Armenians? Or do you claim young Turks want to kill all Armenians?

I am always ready to admit when my country is at fault. Yes, i know Armenian guerillas killed innocent Turks during the genocide, and likewise some soldiers in the Karabagh war killed innocent Turks when they found out that the Turks killed innocent Armenians. The Armenians only became violent after they saw what Turks had done to their people. Does this mean we should not get some blame? No, you can blame us all you want. But you must acknowledge that our actions are retaliation to your governments atrocities towards our people.

That is exactly what we  claim abouts the genocide too.So  what?

In around 1920, the Armenian population of Karabagh was over 90%. After Moscow granted Karabagh to Azerbaijan, the government started moving in their own people. Then in the 80's when the Armenians in Karabagh wanted to be part of the Republic of Armenia, the Azeris started taking out Armenians in Baku and Khojaly. When the war started, the Armenian population in Karabagh was still over 75%. So i dont get your argument, im trying to understand it but nothing jumps out as valid.

How many Armenian live in Karabagh?

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 07:11

In around 1920, the Armenian population of Karabagh was over 90%. After Moscow granted Karabagh to Azerbaijan, the government started moving in their own people. Then in the 80's when the Armenians in Karabagh wanted to be part of the Republic of Armenia, the Azeris started taking out Armenians in Baku and Khojaly.

so you are claiming that you were massackered twice?

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:25
Originally posted by Murtaza

Yes, there were some Armenian guerillas that killed innocent Turks. This were before the Armenian exile  had started. And no Goverment didnt killed armenians(Infact you have not a genocide order,  and Young Turks are not like hitler, They dont hate armenians)  but Some Turks and Kurds killer armenians. Do you claim Young Turks hate Armenians? Or do you claim young Turks want to kill all Armenians?

Armenian guerillas killed innocent Turks mostly after the 1915 massacres. The ones that did it before were retaliating because of the 1895-1896 massacres of Sultan Abdul-Hamid, in which about 150,000 Armenians died. And yes, the Young Turks did want to kill all Armenians. They were a secularist regime who showed extreme nationalism and Pan-Turkic ideals, wanting to unite all branches of their race. That is why they chose to head east towards Armenia. They cover that up by saying "Armenians in our own army are going to join the Russians". Ya, Armenians fighting on the western front against the allied forces are really going to walk east and join Russia. Smart. So they disarmed Armenian soldiers and deported woman and children, because for some reason, the Ottomans were afraid of Armenian women and children. After all, they might take up arms and join the Russians, lol.

How many Armenian live in Karabagh?

About 150,000. And their army defeated Azerbaijan, a nation of 8.2 million people. Im sorry, but even as a Turk, you should acknowledge the bravery it takes to do that. That kind of bravery transcends ethnic lines.

Originally posted by akyncy

so you are claiming that you were massackered twice?

Azeris killed Armenians in Baku and Khojaly before the war began. The Armenians only went to war after these events. If you start killing off random people of a nation, you should prepare for war. Armenians did not want a war, they were at a severe disadvantage heading into that war (Azeris had better technology, much more firearms, double the number of our soldiers, planes and tanks while Armenians had none, and Azeris were gaurding cities that sit on mountains). The Armenians mustve had a damn good reason to go to war, and that was one of the main reasons. You cant tell me the Armenians started a war when they were at that much of a disadvantage.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:34

Armenian guerillas killed innocent Turks mostly after the 1915 massacres. The ones that did it before were retaliating because of the 1895-1896 massacres of Sultan Abdul-Hamid, in which about 150,000 Armenians died. And yes, the Young Turks did want to kill all Armenians. They were a secularist regime who showed extreme nationalism and Pan-Turkic ideals, wanting to unite all branches of their race. That is why they chose to head east towards Armenia. They cover that up by saying "Armenians in our own army are going to join the Russians". Ya, Armenians fighting on the western front against the allied forces are really going to walk east and join Russia. Smart. So they disarmed Armenian soldiers and deported woman and children, because for some reason, the Ottomans were afraid of Armenian women and children. After all, they might take up arms and join the Russians, lol.

that is completely wrong,wrong,wrong! and where is your proof?

Edited by aknc

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:36

About 150,000. And their army defeated Azerbaijan, a nation of 8.2 million people. Im sorry, but even as a Turk, you should acknowledge the bravery it takes to do that. That kind of bravery transcends ethnic lines.

I know i know.Bullets jumping off your chest ain't it?so what,Israel's population was far less than the arabs...........

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:47
Ya, but Israel has 3 things Karabagh doesnt have. More soldiers, much better technology than anyone around them, and avid U.S. support. Israel has fighter jets and tanks galore. All the tanks that the Karabagh Armenians have were taken during their battles with Azeris. Simple men on foot with hunting rifles defeated an army with tanks and modern firearms and fighter jets. I dont see Israel doing that.

Anyways, you and I are drifting off topic, this thread is about the genocide. We can discuss the Karabagh war in the thread under Modern History.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:57

ok let's say that azeris put two million troops;

every ssingle armenian there had to kill like more than ten soldiers

that sucks

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 15:58

Ya, but Israel has 3 things Karabagh doesnt have. More soldiers, much better technology than anyone around them, and avid U.S. support. Israel has fighter jets and tanks galore. All the tanks that the Karabagh Armenians have were taken during their battles with Azeris. Simple men on foot with hunting rifles defeated an army with tanks and modern firearms and fighter jets. I dont see Israel doing that.

oh yeah,and in gallipoli,we defeated the anzacks with napkins and toothpicks

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:05
Originally posted by akyncy

that is completely wrong,wrong,wrong! and where is your proof?

Well, proof of deportation and exile are not needed, everyone knows the Ottoman empire marched Armenian women and children through deserts. There are Ottoman documents to prove that. The only thing that lacks proof is the Ottoman Empire's REASON for deporting Armenian women and children. A valid reason has yet to be seen.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:10

It is written in the same proof as the march,any questions about that?NO

Well, proof of deportation and exile are not needed, everyone knows the Ottoman empire marched Armenian women and children through deserts. There are Ottoman documents to prove that. The only thing that lacks proof is the Ottoman Empire's REASON for deporting Armenian women and children. A valid reason has yet to be seen.

if the people lack the ability to see,not our problem,too bad,we stated our facts with proofs

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:21

A. The Armenians took arms against their own government. Their violent political aims, not their race, ethnicity or religion, rendered them subject to relocation.

Armenian Americans ignore the dire circumstances that precipitated the enactment of a measure as drastic as mass relocation. Armenians cooperated with Russian invaders of Eastern Anatolia in wars in 1828, 1854, and 1877. Between 1893 and 1915 Ottoman Armenians in eastern Anatolia rebelled against their government -- the Ottoman government -- and joined Armenian revolutionary groups, such as the notorious Dashnaks and Hunchaks. They armed themselves and spearheaded a massive Russian invasion of eastern Anatolia. On November 5, 1914, the President of the Armenian National Bureau in Tblisi declared to Czar Nicholas II, "From all countries Armenians are hurrying to enter the ranks for the glorious Russian Army, with their blood to serve the victory of Russian arms. Let the Russian flag wave freely over the Dardanelles and the Bosphorus." Armenian treason is also plainly documented in the November 1914 issue of the Hunchak Armenian [Revolutionary] Gazette, published in Paris. In a call to arms it exhorted,

"The entire Armenian Nation will join forces -- moral and material, and waving the sword of Revolution, will enter this World conflict ... as comrades in arms of the Triple Entente, and particularly Russia. They will cooperate with the Allies, making full use of all political and revolutionary means for the final victory...."

Boghos Nubar addressed a letter to the Times of London on January 30, 1919 confirming that the Armenians were indeed belligerents in World War I. He stated with pride,

"In the Caucasus, without mentioning the 150,000 Armenians in the Russian armies, about 50,000 Armenian volunteers under Andranik, Nazarbekoff, and others not only fought for four years for the cause of the Entente, but after the breakdown of Russia they were the only forces in the Caucasus to resist the advance of the Turks...."

One of those who answered the Armenian call to arms was Gourgen Yanikian who, as a teenager, joined the Russians to fight the Ottoman government, and who as an elderly man, on January 27, 1973, assassinated two Turkish diplomats in Santa Barbara, California.

Maybe This can be reason.

http://www.turkishembassy.org/governmentpolitics/issuesarmen ian.htm#fact2

How many Azeris lived in karabagh?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:49

The Armenians took arms against their own government. Their violent political aims, not their race, ethnicity or religion, rendered them subject to relocation.

If some men take up arms against the Ottoman army (they were advancing to the east massacering Armenians) then why deport women and children? Women and children did not take up arms against the Ottoman army. So the reason that they deported women and children, according to your statement is "The Armenians took arms against their own government. Their violent political aims, not their race, ethnicity or religion, rendered them subject to relocation." Ya, the women and children took up arms against the Ottoman army. Nice accusation.

And if you want to argue with quotes, i have plenty.

Kemal Pasha, one of the 3 rulers of the Young Turk Regime:
"800,000 Armenian deportees were actually killed...by holding the guilty accountable the government is intent on cleansing the bloody past. "

Kemal Pasha, to a German officer upon seeing the deportations in Mamure said:
"I am ashamed of my nation."

Prince Abdul Mecid, heir apparent to the Ottoman throne:
"I refer to those awful massacres. They are the greatest stain that has ever disgraced our nation and race. They were entirely the work of Talat and Enver. I heard some days before they began that they were intended. I went to Istanbul and insisted on seeing Enver. I asked him if it was true that they intended to recommence the massacres which had been our shame and disgrace under Abdul Hamid. The only reply I could get from him was: 'It is decided. It is the program.'"

Enver Pasha, one of the 3 rulers of the Young Turk Regime:
"The Ottoman Empire should be cleaned up of the Armenians and the Lebanese. We have destroyed the former by the sword, we shall destroy the latter through starvation."

Direct quotes from the 3 rulers of the Young Turk Regime. Is proof really needed when there are over a million Armenians missing, and their intentions are outlined so clearly?

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:55

Realy? what is proof of this words?

Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:00

Prince Abdul Mecid, heir apparent to the Ottoman throne:
"I refer to those awful massacres. They are the greatest stain that has ever disgraced our nation and race. They were entirely the work of Talat and Enver. I heard some days before they began that they were intended. I went to Istanbul and insisted on seeing Enver. I asked him if it was true that they intended to recommence the massacres which had been our shame and disgrace under Abdul Hamid. The only reply I could get from him was: 'It is decided. It is the program.'"

I look this in google, Sorry my friend but I dont think I can call this ones historical proof.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:19
A good starting point would be the German general Liman von Sanders.

Then you could always read a bit of US Ambassador Morgenthau's reports.

Some quotes:

"Since Germany, however, had her own plans for Asia Minor, inevitably the Greeks in this region formed a barrier to Pan-German aspirations. As long as this region remained Greek, it formed a natural obstacle to Germany's road to the Persian Gulf, precisely as did Serbia."

"The violent shifting of whole peoples from one part of Europe to another, as though they were so many herds of cattle, has for years been part of the Kaiser's plans for German expansion. This is the treatment which, since the war began, she has applied to Belgium, to Poland, to Serbia; its most hideous manifestation, as I shall show, has been to Armenia. Acting under Germany's prompting, Turkey now began to apply this principle of deportation to her Greek subjects in Asia Minor. Three years afterward the German admiral, Usedom, who had been stationed in the Dardanelles during the bombardment, told me that it was the Germans "who urgently made the suggestion that the Greeks be moved from the seashore." The German motive, Admiral Usedom said, was purely military. Whether Talaat and his associates realized that they were playing the German game I am not sure, but there is no doubt that the Germans were constantly instigating them in this congenial task."

"
The events that followed foreshadowed the policy adopted in' the Armenian massacres. The Turkish officials pounced upon the Greeks, herded them in groups and marched them toward the ships. They gave them no time to settle their private affairs, and they took no pains to keep families together. The plan was to transport the Greeks to the wholly Greek islands in the Aegean. Naturally the Greeks rebelled against such treatment, and occasional massacres were the result, especially in Phocaea, where more than fifty people were murdered. The Turks demanded that all foreign establishments in Smyrna dismiss their Greek employees and replace them with Moslems."

"I looked upon them merely as an outburst of Turkish ferocity and chauvinism. By this time I knew Talaat well; I saw him nearly every day, and he used to discuss practically every phase of international relations with me. I objected vigorously to his treatment of the Greeks; I told him that it would make the worst possible impression abroad and that it affected American interests. Talaat explained his national policy: these different blocs in the Turkish Empire, he said, had always conspired against Turkey; because of the hostility of these native populations, Turkey had lost province after province---Greece, Serbia, Rumania, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Egypt, and Tripoli. In this way the Turkish Empire had dwindled almost to the vanishing point. If what was left of Turkey was to survive, added Talaat, he must get rid of these alien peoples. "Turkey for the Turks " was now Talaat's controlling idea."

"The Turks knew that these deportations would precipitate a war with Greece; in fact, they welcomed such a war and were preparing for it.
So enthusiastic were the Turkish people that they had raised money by popular subscription and bad purchased a Brazilian dreadnaught which was then under construction in England. The government had ordered also a second dreadnaught in England, and several submarines and destroyers in France. The purpose of these naval preparations was no secret in Constantinople. As soon as they obtained these ships, or even the one dreadnaught which was nearing completion, Turkey intended to attack Greece and take back the islands."

A lot more at :
http://www.cilicia.com/morgenthau
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:22
I only showed you those quotes to show you and everyone that quotes are not proof. You used quotes, so i did the same. Now you say that quotes are not proof and they are not reliable. You shouldve thought of that before you started posting quotes as part of your argument. Quotes are not proof, but they are reliable. If you claim that quotes are not reliable, please dont use them. Dont question the validity of quotes when you yourself use them.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:27

ArmenianSurvival

Good point, So have any proof for Genocide?

As I know you have much real proof.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:38
I dont have any physical proof. I can only give you statistics. If you choose to disregard proven statistics, i obviously cant prove anything to you. The proof of genocide belongs to every major world government. Its only a matter of time before it is universally accepted.

Theres one thing i dont understand. Turks deny that what happened was a genocide, okay we know that. They also regard Ottoman history as their own history and are proud of it, nothing wrong with that. Then how come some Turks, when they are cornered, claim that the Ottoman Empire has NOTHING to do with Turkey? These people that differentiate Ottoman Empire and Turkey, what are they trying to hide? If you say that they are two completely different things, why do they act like Ottoman history is THEIR history?

Either Ottomans and Turks are the same, you can be proud, and IF the genocide if proven, they must take some of the blame.
Or, if you claim they are different, dont claim Ottoman history as your own history, and dont take any blame if the genocide is proven.
Its as simple as that.

I wanted to get that out of the way, because some Turks are convinced that the Ottoman Empire and Turkey have nothing to do with each other, yet they take credit for the great things the Ottomans did. You cant regard Ottoman history as your own history, and not be responsible as a nation for what they did, IF they indeed did it.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 17:45

The proof of genocide belongs to every major world government

Interesting proof, But I am sure you will understand If I dont accept this proof.

well It is something with related our country. Some love ottomans and some dont love it. I think you always thinking us, A bunch of people who brainwashed by goverment. And All of us think same. No, some of us hate ottomans. They think they destroyed Turks. Ottoman empire dont call itself as a Turk. So they dont call it as a Turk too. Ultranationalist and UltraKemalist and other people dont accept ottoman as a Turk Empire.

The other point (this is political not historical) Turkey is a new country and have no relation with ottomans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>