Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIndo aryans of south asia a dying people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indo aryans of south asia a dying people?
    Posted: 05-Jun-2013 at 11:56
Pakishield. I am sorry if anything I said offended you

But I really wish you take my advice seriously . You have a lot to pore into.

There is a website called "OMILOS MELETON" by a Greek scholar called Kazanas.

Thats where I started. That might be the place for you . Its has a beautiful collection of papers on A-Z of the subject.
SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2013 at 13:53
Originally posted by balochii

Languages and genetics are two totally different things, for example a guy in Maharastra or central india might speak a indo aryan language yet genetically he will be much closer to a Tamil than to lets say a Kashmiri

Just because 70% of India speaks indo aryan languages, doesn't mean they are related to the original indo aryans

The first sentence is very mature. Language and race cannot be equated.

But Balochi, the part coming after the coma interprets the principles of Genetics and anthropology upside down. Firstly, genetics does not recognize "Tamils" and "Maharashtrians"

Wanna know why?

The frequencies of R2 seems to mirror the frequencies of R1a (i.e. both lineages are strong and weak in the same social and linguistic subgroups). This may indicate that both R1a and R2 moved into India at roughly the same time or co-habited, although more research is needed. R2 is very rare in Europe.
Sanghamitra Sengupta, L. Cavalli-Sforza, Partha P. Majumder, and P. A. Underhill. - 2006.

Southern castes and tribals are very similar to each other in their Y-chromosomal haplogroup compositions.” As a result, “it was not possible to confirm any of the purported differentiations between the caste and tribal pools,” a conclusion that directly clashes with the Aryan invasion theory which purports that male European Aryans chased tribal adivasis and aboriginals down south.
Sanghamitra Sahoo,  T. Kivisild and V. K. Kashyap. -  2006.

You make a humungous assumption that "Tamils" are a distinct genetic pool. They are not . The vast majority of Indians have just 4 mtDNA lines.

Where does your argument fit in?

I regret having to bring in Genetics to History so prematurely. But no one listens when history is enunciated.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2013 at 00:51
so all those millions of pashtuns, kalash, and other dardic groups who look like that are Albinos? only a indian nationalist who is probably very darkskinned and is very insecure about his skin colour can be this stupid.

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2013 at 03:22
Originally posted by SuryaVajra

Pakishield. I am sorry if anything I said offended you

But I really wish you take my advice seriously . You have a lot to pore into.

There is a website called "OMILOS MELETON" by a Greek scholar called Kazanas.

Thats where I started. That might be the place for you . Its has a beautiful collection of papers on A-Z of the subject.

Omilos meleton is a philosophical institution that promotes ancient Indian "Advaita Vedanta".  Advaita Vedanta is a school of Hindu philosophy and religious practice, giving "a unifying interpretation of the whole body of Upanishads".

It is not a serious source of scholarship, since all it does is to promote nationalistic Hindu supremacy nonsense. Yep, like those 6000 BC Rig Veda theories....Confused
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2013 at 02:55
Originally posted by TITAN_

Omilos meleton is a philosophical institution that promotes ancient Indian "Advaita Vedanta".  Advaita Vedanta is a school of Hindu philosophy and religious practice, giving "a unifying interpretation of the whole body of Upanishads".

It is not a serious source of scholarship, since all it does is to promote nationalistic Hindu supremacy nonsense. Yep, like those 6000 BC Rig Veda theories....Confused

All the more reason I didn;t read it or even considered reading it. These "Hindu" nationalists have a habit of quoting their psuo-scholars and pseudo-scientists to win arguments like they do with the "out of India" theory. They do it all the time and SuryaVajra is doing nothing new here .....
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2014 at 23:11

unfortunately their history is being wiped out, the Dardic people are the original indo aryans, who's ancestors probably even wrote the rig vedas, however today they are just confined to some mountains and villages in northern pakistan, they are slowly succumbing to the (indic) invasion from the south.

May you be kind as to provide scholarly proofs that attest to the portions which I highlighted in your post quoted above?

Edited by Veritās - 23-Feb-2014 at 00:59
aptil View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2014 at 10:31
you do realise that over time the skin will be affected by the heat which is there across the central India which makes indo-aryan race people not look like the same ones in Kashmir and other northern parts .  It is ridiculous to show some photos , it is a matter of dna and i am pretty sure there are millions of Indo-aryans still left in large parts of India . Eventually there will be more mixture with different races but with arranged marriages still relevant in most parts , this group is here for long .
Viru007 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2017 at 12:36

so all those millions of pashtuns, kalash, and other dardic groups who look like that are Albinos? only a indian nationalist who is probably very darkskinned and is very insecure about his skin colour can be this stupid.

I laughed out loud and could not resist signing on to reply to you Col. What on earth is your business to connect to the Rig vedas or the vedic history or even Aryan heritage? I doubt you have any knowledge about anthropology. What I see is a undying attempt to glorify Paki heritage and find a connection with a glorious INDIAN past but all that was long lost when your forefathers embraced a nomadic desert cult. I see this pattern in every paki these days. Its like when you do not have anything to boast of that holds your country in good stead you start comparing skin colours and now even semi educated ex army blokes are talking about Human ancestry and attempting to link pakis with Aryan heritage?! Haha c'mon Col give me a break. What you see as fair Pakis are nothing but converted hindu rajputs, sikhs and even Brahmins like kashmir. The Kalash, dards are all originally hindus and hats off to the Kalash they are still fighting off islamic conversion. India is 1.3 billion and it has every skin tone and colour. I can show your negritos, Australoids, mongoloids, jewish, eurasian looks in every city of India. Thats the beauty of India where as people like you trying their best to connect to blonde Europeans somehow and prove Indians are low caste??! Well, you can try what you are best at but pls dont make a connection with Vedas and this is coming from brahmin of North India who would put you to shame if you start talking about skin tones! If I were to say India has 30% white skin stone that is still double your whole population! But the point is not that. Point is be proud of you and your abilities. Stop being racist and stop being obsessed with proving pakis are whiter and have blonde hair. It wont do you any good. Sartaj Aziz deapite his white skin tone  and an uncanny Skeletor face (Heman cartoon!) is going to be shamed the same way anyhow because its your deeds that matter and not your colour. I am sure with your idealogy you will not let your son ever marry a dark skinned women? Why would you, your progeny is going to be dark is it not?!  Grow up Col
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2017 at 13:51
I  might point out that this thread is several years old, the folks involved haven't been active for sometime.

thread locked.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123