Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home land of aryans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home land of aryans?
    Posted: 21-Dec-2010 at 12:27
according to you from what you have studied about the aryans, where do you think there home land was??

personally i think it was located in southern central asia, north east iran, northern afghanistan, northern pakistan, Kashmir, and northern indian states very close to Himalayas(punjab, haryana,himachal)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2010 at 16:09
I wonder if perhaps any of you have ever read this site?

http://www.tribwatch.com/dane.htm

It offers numerous suggestions!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2010 at 16:19
One concern of mine, however, is that many of those areas are mountaineous.  Mountain people do not tend to be nomadic yet Indo aryans migrated to Europe.  My guess is that the original homeland was on the steppes (Turkmenistan, Uzkekistan, Tajikistan).  

The indo aryans then migrated to both Europe and Kashmir, N.E. Iran, north India and north Pakistan etc.  The steppe indo aryans then later intermarried with asiatic peoples while people in Kashmir, north Pakistan, India etc still retain their original features.

Edited by Cryptic - 22-Dec-2010 at 12:18
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2010 at 16:24
If any of you are concerned about the "Horde", then perhaps you can find some information here?

http://www.bing.com/search?go=Search&q=Hordaland&form=HPDTLB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hordaland (could these be Peoples of the Isles?)

http://www.bing.com/search?go=Search&q=Haeredaland&form=HPDTLB

http://www.tribwatch.com/poles.htm

If you, unlike me, place any faith in Tacitus, then look here;

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/smartboard/shop/tacitusc/germany/map.htm

Lastly! Have any of you ever heard of Blair?

http://www.electricscotland.com/history/other/blair_john1.htm

Perhaps this site will open up new ideas to persue?

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/browse?type=lcsubc&key=Chronology%2C%20Aryan&c=x

Edited by opuslola - 21-Dec-2010 at 16:46
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2010 at 20:31
Originally posted by Cryptic

One concern of mine, however, is that many of those areas are mountaineous.  Mountain people do not tend to be nomadic yet Indo aryans migrated to Europe.  My guess is that the original homeland was on the steppes (Turmenistan, Uzkekistan, Tajukistan). 

The indo aryans then migrated to both Europe and Kashmir, N.E. Iran, north India and north Pakistan etc.  The steppe indo aryans then later intermarried with asiatic peoples while people in Kashmir, north Pakistan, India etc still retain their original features.

a lot of people suggest this theory too and a lot of people agree with this, but archaeologically not a lot has been found in central asia, the aryan cities discovered in Russia/Kazakstan are good but are much younger, aryans in south asia have thought to have arrived much earlier then the date of these cities. I think afghanistan is one country of really good interest, because afghanistan is not just mountians, it has plains and valley like (khyber pass) that people can easily pass through.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 09:35
According to Avesta, the original land of Aryans was Airyanem Vaejah (expanse of the Aryans), after a climate change, this region became too cold to live, so Aryans left their homeland and migrated to southern lands, in the original land there were seven islands:

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 13:08
^ whats the location of this?
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 14:43
Originally posted by balochii

[QUOTE=Cryptic]
I think afghanistan is one country of really good interest, because afghanistan is not just mountians, it has plains and valley like (khyber pass) that people can easily pass through.
I agree, Afghanistan is a strong canidate due to terrain and over all location.  I also think the religion of the Aryans must have been a variety (or varities) of shamanism.
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 15:23
What we need to find Airyanem Vaejah? There was a mountain - Hara Berezaiti or High Hara. Close to the mountain was a sea, called Vourukasha in the Avesta, where the "Tree of All Seeds" grew. Coursing down the mountain, or near it, was a mighty river. Of course before 7000 years climate and topography were different. We need a sea, and there is no sea in Afghanistan or Central Asia. Maybe Aral sea could play some role? Other thing-too cold climate (ten months of winter). I am inclined to reject Central Asia and Afghanistan. I have a feeling that this place was far from the place where the Avesta was written. As I said many times in this forum the climate of Central Asia and Iranian plateau 2000 years ago and more, was much more humid than today.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 15:28

^ whats the location of this?

It is difficult to find the exact location but it was certainly too far from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and other regions where Aryans migrated to later, I myself believe the first land was Gotland, then Poland, Ukrine, Southern Russia, Central Asia, ...
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 22:15
some one on another forum made this point about aryans and indo europeans:

Yes the diversity is a fact now and for hundred years may be thousands of years ago in India but this people called Aryans have well existed and when did they came to India and from where ? my opinion is they were Iranians or a relative tribes to the Indo Iranians I see as well the Kassites or some tribe of the Mitanni south Caspian sea south Caucasus this is why the genetic shows this relation with Caucasus the Y haplogroup alone or the mt one is not significant we can to calculate the diversity and look at the autosomal patterns anyway these Indo Aryans were civilized before their migration and I think they have a relation ship to some near east civilizations as for example the Hurrians I think this is not some barbarian tribes from the steppe who came with horses and the Sanskrit and the Vedas this is to much civilized for barbarians? look at the German tribes who had no writing compared to the Sanskrit ! this is quite mysterious is not it ? the origin of this people ? as well the Indo European homeland nobody knows where is it ?

Edited by balochii - 22-Dec-2010 at 22:16
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 22:18
^ this is a good point he is making. Aryans were already a civilized people. Nomads from the steppe all of a sudden civilizing and making civilizations in Iran/north india doesnt make sense.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 22:43

^ this is a good point he is making. Aryans were already a civilized people. Nomads from the steppe all of a sudden civilizing and making civilizations in Iran/north india doesnt make sense.

I think they have a relation ship to some near east civilizations as for example the Hurrians I think this is not some barbarian tribes from the steppe who came with horses and the Sanskrit and the Vedas this is to much civilized for barbarians?

What is the diversion rate for the huge variety of indo European languages in Europe?  I think we are looking at a far earlier migration, way before civilization or the domestication of animals.  The original aryans were hunter gatherers. Instead of riding horese or traveling in chariots, they walked.

After a period of time, they later became civilized and developed localized cultures / religions (Vedic in India)

Edited by Cryptic - 22-Dec-2010 at 23:05
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2010 at 02:29
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

What we need to find Airyanem Vaejah? There was a mountain - Hara Berezaiti or High Hara.

You know about the sound changes in the Iranian languages, for example English "gold" is Persian "zard", the Geramnic name of that Avestan word and Persian Aleborz could be Haleberg or Aleberg, and "berg" means "mountain" in the Germanic languages, as you read in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mountains_of_Sweden there are two mountains with the same name in Sweden.
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 06:32
Ancient 'ARYANS' who migrated to Europe and India were Kurds from Kurdistan.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 06:43
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 12:48
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

That's interesting.  I assume that you have sources for this.  Could you share them with us?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2011 at 13:12
Originally posted by red clay

That's interesting.  I assume that you have sources for this.  Could you share them with us?
Sure, have you never heard about the Anatolian Hypothesis of ARYAN people? But I think It was earlier than 7000 BC. I Think it was even before 10,000 B.C. 

The Anatolian hypothesis’ main proponent was Colin Renfrew, who in 1987 suggested a peaceful Indo-Europeanization of Europe from Anatolia from around 7000 BC with the advance of farming by demic diffusion ("wave of advance"). Accordingly, most of the inhabitants of Neolithic EuropeNeolithic EuropeNeolithic Europe refers to a prehistoric period in which Neolithic technology was present in Europe. This corresponds roughly to a time between 7000 BC and ca. 1700 BC... would have spoken Indo-European languages, and later migrations would at best have replaced these Indo-European varieties with other Indo-European varieties.  

etc.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 11-Feb-2011 at 13:21
TheNode View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote TheNode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 07:16

Originally posted by red clay

Sure, have you never heard about the Anatolian Hypothesis of ARYAN people? But I think It was earlier than 7000 BC. I Think it was even before 10,000 B.C. 

The Anatolian hypothesis’ main proponent was Colin Renfrew, who in 1987 suggested a peaceful Indo-Europeanization of Europe from Anatolia from around 7000 BC with the advance of farming by demic diffusion ("wave of advance"). Accordingly, most of the inhabitants of Neolithic EuropeNeolithic EuropeNeolithic Europe refers to a prehistoric period in which Neolithic technology was present in Europe. This corresponds roughly to a time between 7000 BC and ca. 1700 BC... would have spoken Indo-European languages, and later migrations would at best have replaced these Indo-European varieties with other Indo-European varieties.  

etc.

Clap Copy & Pasting is amendable, but you still have not proven or provided sources that 'ARYANS' or Proto-Indo-Europeans were Kurds from Kurdistan...
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 07:57
Main plan correspond to something else.That someone have migrated since the dawn of civilizations.Were We those people?Question you have to answer is:Where did the rest of population had come?
  Right to be first on territories of earth was invented by Empires and were implemented inside first property law of Rome.This is premise why history have to look like it looks?Natives that lost there lands according New history never owned there own land cause "were aliens"!
   Aryans theory gives right to their masters to proof their "superiority among the humans".Nothing here
looks different than racism.Mars and Moon wait for Aryans and take care about yourself?

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Feb-2011 at 09:02
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2011 at 09:58
Well it makes more sense than the Kurgan or Central Asia  Hypothesis. Well, the European Hypothesis doesn't make any sense at all.
And it has nothing to do with racism. I'm just interested in a true story of the human migration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>