Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhy is iran hated by neigbours??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: why is iran hated by neigbours??
    Posted: 09-Oct-2010 at 21:53
I have met several people from places like afghanistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan etc.... and for some reason they dont like Iran at all, what is the exact reason for this???? i dont think its because of political reasons, they make fun of iranian history etc... or atleast talk bad about it

i think Pakistan is the only neigbour Iran has good relations with people to people level.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 07:43
I don't know about Tajiks, but Afghans do seem to feel very nagative towards Iran.  Even on Youtube their is this verbal war between Persians and Afghans. 

Their could be many factors as to why some of the neighbours are not fond of Iran.  First could be history, the events of the past and the role Iran played in them, which is one of the reasons some Kurds have negativity towards Iran.  Second it could be because Iran is mainly a Shia population.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 10:55
Iran, as the current country, and Iran, as an ancient country, are two different things, I think a large number of Iranians also hate the first one but it can be true that most of the peoples around Iran, dislike the second one too, there can be many reasons for it, one of the reasons could be that Persians usually considered themselves superior to them.

But I always thought Tajiks really love ancient Iran, maybe the current regime of Iran has changed their view!

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 14:20

^ from you tube what i gathered is that Tajiks think (current Iran) is stealing Tajik history, thats what they are talking about all the time

btw what is the different between greater iran and greater persia???

Edited by balochii - 10-Oct-2010 at 14:24
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 15:23
Greater Iran and Greater Persia are the same thing I think.  Or maybe some people call Greater Persia for only speakers of the Persian languages. 

Originally posted by balochii

^ from you tube what i gathered is that Tajiks think (current Iran) is stealing Tajik history, thats what they are talking about all the time

Edited by Ince - 10-Oct-2010 at 15:26
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 16:06
This is the map of Greater Persia:

Persia couldn't be really larger than it and Persians themselves have never called other regions, even Isfahan, as Persia, but Greater Iran could be much larger than modern Iran, in fact that is the name of a large part of west and central Asia where Iranian-speaking peoples lived and still live.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 16:58

I have met several people from places like afghanistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan etc.... and for some reason they dont like Iran at all, what is the exact reason for this???? i dont think its because of political reasons, they make fun of iranian history etc... or atleast talk bad about it

i think Pakistan is the only neigbour Iran has good relations with people to people level.

There is a simple explanation for this:
1) nationalism (the countries you named with the exception of Afghanistan are all relatively new, they need to form their own self identity and they do this by differentiating themselves from their neighbors)
2) Soviet and British propaganda (Soviet propaganda especially has been very successful in creating hatred towards Iran in countries such as Azerbaijan)
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 17:07

^ thats true, those countries seem to love Russia for some reason

Edited by balochii - 10-Oct-2010 at 17:08
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 17:10
I was surprised that 2 millions Tajiks actually live in pakistan, They mostly live in north parts of pakistan, the border of Tajikistan is really close from there, add to that 5-6 million afghans also live in pakistan, they didn't left pakistan after the Russian invasion

Edited by balochii - 10-Oct-2010 at 17:10
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 21:21
this has nothing to do with former Iran and the Iran regime. I know some Afghans and have a kurdish friend from iran and by god what he told me makes me understand why afghans hate them. For example he told me how he saw one time like what they trated the Afghans who flet from Afghanistan because of the war in former sowiet time. They treated them like crap cause they don´t have much money. Many Azeris don´t like Iran cause Azeris are sometimes called by many Persian like "Turke Kar" what means turkish donkey and when they are in Europe they make of Iranian brothership and don´t stand to the mistakes they have done before and use to give the false everytime the regime or other countries. And also a big problem is Persians for most feel like superior to their neighbours.

Edited by Xorto - 10-Oct-2010 at 21:29
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 21:26

Greater Persia is a Region were all farsi speaking people live together and would more look like this video what i have found

Edited by Xorto - 10-Oct-2010 at 21:29
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2010 at 23:27
Originally posted by Xorto

this has nothing to do with former Iran and the Iran regime. I know some Afghans and have a kurdish friend from iran and by god what he told me makes me understand why afghans hate them. For example he told me how he saw one time like what they trated the Afghans who flet from Afghanistan because of the war in former sowiet time. They treated them like crap cause they don´t have much money.

Well, its the same with Mexicans here in the States. Iran is a poor country, it cant handle the millions of Afghan refugees in the country, so backlash like this is understandable and should be expected. Why would the Afghans expect Iranians to welcome them with open arms and take care of their needs when Iranians are worried for their own survival?

This sentiment towards refugee's/illegal immigrants is common throwout the world.

Many Azeris don´t like Iran cause Azeris are sometimes called by many Persian like "Turke Kar" what means turkish donkey 

This term actually originated in the Ottoman Empire amongst the Ottomans to refer to the lower classes.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 10:33
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

this has nothing to do with former Iran and the Iran regime. I know some Afghans and have a kurdish friend from iran and by god what he told me makes me understand why afghans hate them. For example he told me how he saw one time like what they trated the Afghans who flet from Afghanistan because of the war in former sowiet time. They treated them like crap cause they don´t have much money.

Well, its the same with Mexicans here in the States. Iran is a poor country, it cant handle the millions of Afghan refugees in the country, so backlash like this is understandable and should be expected. Why would the Afghans expect Iranians to welcome them with open arms and take care of their needs when Iranians are worried for their own survival?

So why did you flet to another country? you are also illegal there where you are right now. And also what i try to understand why many people here outside Iran make of Iranian Brothership and things like that while they use to hate their original Farsi speaking brother from Afghanistan? 

If you ask me I think the Afghans are much better hearted people than Iranian Persian who in fact feel like superior to everyone else. Of course Afghans also have many bad sides but they are on average good hearted people.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 12:36

So why did you flet to another country? you are also illegal there where you are right now.

Me? I am not an illegal immigrant.

And also what i try to understand why many people here outside Iran make of Iranian Brothership and things like that while they use to hate their original Farsi speaking brother from Afghanistan?

Well, I think this is a generalization. None of the Iranians I know speak of "Iranian brotherhood", they just go about their daily lives.

Nationalism, a European concept, means that Iranians care about Iran and other Iranians, Afghans only care about Afghanistan and other Afghans, its simple really.

Iran has no obligation to help Afghanistan, and neither does Afghanistan have to help Iran. Fact is, Iran is a poor country, and the influx of 3 million+ Afghan refugee's has created a backlash against Afghans in Iran. This is natural and happens all over the world in every country. Its not something that should be condoned, but surely you cannot be surprised that this happens.

If you ask me I think the Afghans are much better hearted people than Iranian Persian who in fact feel like superior to everyone else. Of course Afghans also have many bad sides but they are on average good hearted people.

Well, when Afghanistan allows 3 million+ refugee's to come into their nation, provides for them, even while its own people are poor and suffering, then come back and say that "Afghans are much better hearted people" than Iranians.

You dont seem to understand human nature.

----------------

You seem to have this impression that Iran is some type of economic power or a developed country or something. NO. Iran is a very poor country, it has no money to sustain itself, why do you expect Iran to help Afghanistan/Afghani's? I really dont understand your logic.

Nonetheless, Iran has already helped Afghanistan and Afghans tremendously. It has allowed millions of refugee's into the country over the years and provided for them. Iran has for decades supported the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan and was instrumental in the overthrow of the Taleban.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 11-Oct-2010 at 12:42
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 14:56
I am a educated baloch from pakistan and i have met a lot of iranians and afghan in my life, I have never seen them being racist to me.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 15:15

I am a educated baloch from pakistan and i have met a lot of iranians and afghan in my life, I have never seen them being racist to me.

I agree, Xorto is make generalizations.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 15:24
I also have not come across racists Persians from Iran as well maybe apart from some nationlists on the web.  The other day I went to a Iranian restuarent here in London and after the meal had finished the waiter asked me "Did you enjoy your meal?" "JooJeh chicken" and I replied by saying "Xosh Bu" and she thought I knew farsi and I told her I was Kurdish and knew some of the similar words, the owner even came up to me and started talking to me, they were very kind, they even gave a free dessert. 

Their are bad and good people from all nations not just one. 
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 19:13

In the Middle East every group of people dislikes another and this issue used to be exploited by the more recent powers like British and Russians back when they were a power. Out the 3 main remaining groups of people, Iranians, Turks and Arabs (if Jews are included based on power that makes is 4) neither one likes the others, although some dislikes are stronger than others. It usually comes from one group feeling superior to the others, or some kind of war or genocide which considering how old the history of the middle east is can be found plenty of. Amongst these group themselves people don’t  like each other either. Anatolian Turks and central Asians don’t get along because the other one don’t even look like what they think Turks should look like. With Arab northerners feel superior to southerners and some north Africans are starting to question why the even call them self Arabs. With Iranians some people in Iran act like they are the real Iranians and are superior to the rest.

The good news is the people in the middle east starting to realize this attitude is one the main reasons they have stayed behind and the inter -ethnic relationships are improving. That is if the foreigners stay out of it

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2010 at 09:24
^ thats the problem, for centuries people have fought over small differences, i am not proud of my own people that much either, baloch are known to be really violent. Thank God my grandfather decided to be a peaceful man and move to a larger pakistani city for education. Its really hard to change the mindset of uneducated people.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2010 at 15:55
Originally posted by Miller

In the Middle East every group of people dislikes another and this issue used to be exploited by the more recent powers like British and Russians back when they were a power. Out the 3 main remaining groups of people, Iranians, Turks and Arabs (if Jews are included based on power that makes is 4) neither one likes the others, although some dislikes are stronger than others. It usually comes from one group feeling superior to the others, or some kind of war or genocide which considering how old the history of the middle east is can be found plenty of. Amongst these group themselves people don’t  like each other either. Anatolian Turks and central Asians don’t get along because the other one don’t even look like what they think Turks should look like. With Arab northerners feel superior to southerners and some north Africans are starting to question why the even call them self Arabs. With Iranians some people in Iran act like they are the real Iranians and are superior to the rest.

The good news is the people in the middle east starting to realize this attitude is one the main reasons they have stayed behind and the inter -ethnic relationships are improving. That is if the foreigners stay out of it

another middle eastern guy with his Conspiracy theoriesLOL Oh boy of course the Persian and ottomans kissed  each other asses due to "love" before the britains came. LOL Boy come on get over it there was never a Middle eastern friendship Persians hate Turks, Turks hate Arabs, Arabs hate Jews, Jews hate Persians.... Be realstic and don´t talk nonsense. Boys I am not generalizing you guys are just playing down the problems and  Ince is to Inexperienced to know the difference between beeing nice and just give you a free mail. There was a famous persian comedian who sad we could cut your arms and smile you in the face and Ince is to oldkurdish and believes this smiles are good mean one.

Edited by Xorto - 12-Oct-2010 at 16:29
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>