Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Altyn-Depe, Proto Dravdian?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Altyn-Depe, Proto Dravdian?
    Posted: 25-Sep-2010 at 02:33
This is a ancient site in present day Turkmenistan, i am just wondering why is this site considered proto dravdian? were proto dravdians living all the way north in Turkmenistan?

Putty19 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Putty19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2010 at 21:26
I'm not sure if Proto-Dravidians were living that far high, but there's a theory that the ancient Elamites were the same stock as those Dravidian speakers based on language connection, the Elamites lived in southwest Persia, the Dravidians were perhaps the original population of the Indus Valley Civilization (Harappan culture), possibly a very old movement out of the middle east during the Neolithic times brought these ancient farmers to this part of the world which eventually created the Indus and Elamite civilizations.

The Indo-Iranian speakers arrived from the north later and mixed in with these people, the Dravidian speakers were probably pushed down to India further south because of these people, but that's not proven yet, what is proven is that the original Dravidian speakers (Who are the majority in South India today) were of dark Caucasian stock who later mixed with Australoid aboriginal of India.

Btw, not that wiki is reliable but I think you misread that, it's probably saying that the late Harrapan culture is identified as Proto-Dravidian.

Ancient Dravidian View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ancient Dravidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2011 at 17:53
I think it's very unlikely, that Dravidians lived anywhere north of Iran.. It may be possible, that in very prehistoric times some Albinoid Dravidians settled in those regions to escape the sun. We still have no real evidence for Dravidian being the mother of the Indo-European languages, but many scientist have come forth with such notions. This would be a breakthrough for the prehistoric department. 

It is important to note, that the ancient peoples of Egypt and Near East had a very clear Dravidian appearance. There is sufficient evidence for it in Egypt, Sumer and Elam, such as simple wall paintings. Looking at this arts is like looking at my own people, but in different dresses. The ultimately Dravidian ancestry of the white people is the most favoured one by genetics and linguistics. 
 Post Reply Post Reply