Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Were ancient civilizations visited by aliens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Were ancient civilizations visited by aliens?
    Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 18:42
I was quite fond of Daniken when I was a teen, so I read him through and through, and I watched most of the "Ancient Aliens" on the HistoryChannel. I don't see anything conclusive, only lumping together things we cannot explain with things that have far more reasonable explanations; like, pictures that look like cosmonauts's helmets, so what does that prove? We don't know if the purported aliens visited the earth they would look like humans with helmets, so start with.

I tried to read the video you posted in your first post here but it doesn't run. As for the other links, I saw what Nick saw, so I don't need to repeat the same things he said.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 19:18
Sidney's on to something. Hooded parkas would have been worn during the Ice Age as the ancestors of the Indians crossed the ice to America
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 06:51
This definitely is no shaman. It's clearly an astronaut or at least a being in a space suit: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2009/01/ancient_astronaut.jpg
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 08:44

Where is the location and what era is the context of the relief in sculpture dated to?

What is the sculpture? Ornamental on what? Who did the work?

Not enough data.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 31-Mar-2012 at 08:45
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Leroy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Leroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 10:52
There is so much archeological evidence that the Egyptians build the pyramids. We even have names of the crews that built pyramids. The Great Pyramid, built from 2.300.000 blocks of stone, could have been build in the two decades of Khufu's reign if the builders set a block of stone in place every two minutes during a ten hour working day. Toby Wilkinson says, Calculations and practical experiments have shown that just two crews, or four thousand men, would have been sufficient to quarry, haul and set in place the two million-plus stone blocks of which [Khufu's] pyramid is built.

We know that the ancient Egyptians had a liking for impressive monuments since prehistoric times. The motivations behind the pyramids are very human. They symbolized the king's divine authority and reminded the population of their duties to the state, their duty to pay taxes and support the court.

The people who are convinced that aliens influenced our ancient civilizations are generally paranoid conspiracy theorists who never really bother to study history or understand sacred texts in their proper historical contexts.

As for the existence of extraterrestrial life, I see no evidence. The potential for extraterrestrial life is not evidence however likely extraterrestrial life may be in certain scenarios. Whether we are solitary in the universe remains a philosophical question.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 12:28
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

This definitely is no shaman. It's clearly an astronaut or at least a being in a space suit: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/files/2009/01/ancient_astronaut.jpg

You link is dead, I cannot access it, and when I paste in on the search engine it doesn't give me anything. To make it alive you have to click on the icon with the blue globe with the green bow, paste the link inside the box, and click OK; then it will come in blue and clickable.

Now, even if extraterrestials exist, what makes you think that they would look like humans in space suits like we have on Earth? What make you think that they'll need space-suits at all?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 12:49
Use the link in my post above.

I love the idea of Et's and aliens in human space suits or others. I have no claim to understanding their purpose or God's intentions for and or regarding them...none of my business. I have seen Ufos and remain comfortably objectively skeptical...key word there being objectively. I am neither so arrogant or egotistically bent and subservient to the grant system of academia that I arbitrarily dismiss any phenom....natural or other.

Nor given my penchant for accuracy in reporting..commitment to the scientific and historical method...educational and military background am I given to flights of fantasy which might fall into the labelling or characterization of one as a ''paranoid conspiracy theorists''.

Those that do... remain then... without the aforementioned objectivity (which leads the inquisitive and imaginative mind to consider other then the mainstream rejection), imo, are in the position of the following:

12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:12

King James Version (KJV)

And the crowd was heard to yell: " yea verily brother..Amen".

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 31-Mar-2012 at 12:50

S. T. Friedman

Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 12:54
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Where is the location and what era is the context of the relief in sculpture dated to?

Not enough data.

Its from the New Cathedral of Salamanca, Spain. The official explanation is that is was added during a restoration in 1992. Recent pictures show decided decay, fitting more the idea that its a later addition that just hasn't lived up to its older companians.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portaldoastronomo.org%2Fcronica.php%3Fid%3D67&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=pt&tl=en

Edited by Sidney - 31-Mar-2012 at 12:56
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 12:58
Thanks, CV.Smile
This looks suspisciously modern ... where it is, when it's dated?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 13:09
Originally posted by Sidney

Not enough data.

Its from the New Cathedral of Salamanca, Spain. The official explanation is that is was added during a restoration in 1992. Recent pictures show decided decay, fitting more the idea that its a later addition that just hasn't lived up to its older companians.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portaldoastronomo.org%2Fcronica.php%3Fid%3D67&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=pt&tl=en

Thank you Sidney....now if you don't mind I think I'll go peruse some nutjob wacko conspiracy theorists sites.WinkLOL

S. T. Friedman

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 13:13
Thank you, SidneySmile
Leroy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Leroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 16:39

Thank you Sidney....now if you don't mind I think I'll go peruse some nutjob wacko conspiracy theorists sites.WinkLOL

I was replying to the aliens built the pyramids theory that got mentioned. I didn't mean to imply that you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist. I follow sites like Godlike Productions, Coast to Coast AM, Above Top Secret, Prison Planet and Infowars. Most of it does not stand up to rational analysis or historical rigor though.

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 17:16
Originally posted by Leroy

I was replying to the aliens built the pyramids theory that got mentioned. I didn't mean to imply that you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist. I follow sites like Godlike Productions, Coast to Coast AM, Above Top Secret, Prison Planet and Infowars. Most of it does not stand up to rational analysis or historical rigor though.

What?! So illuminati reptilians aren't planning to have me killed this coming Monday?!

hehe, yeah some of those websites, especially the one run by David Icke, cane be pretty whacky.
Timidi mater non flet
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 17:20
Relax Leroy...I know what you were in reference too. Interesting that you listen to your aforementioned programs... many others do as well. This... is that objectivity that I was referring to.

You are correct in that the vast majority of the phenom being reported can be explained within known scientific parameters. But the x% that can not be.. no matter how infinitesimally small (and which are generally and conviently then ignored by mainstream science in further research or investigation) still present the conundrum.

For you see my friend.....if one were to presume all conspiracy theorists were wackjobs...one would then have to presume that Oswald acted alone or that I did not see what I have seen just to name two. And while Oswald might have been involved and fired a kill shot alone (doubtful) then one presumes the Hart-Schweikert or Church Committee's were delusional when they dealt with conspiracies attributed to US Intelligence activities. Or that the HSCA were similar when they dealt with political assassinations. 95% of the revelations leading to all of those august investigations were termed wacko conspiracies by the pundits of the day at one point or another. Point of fact: they are still being considered that today.

Or that I, a highly qualified, experienced ground and aerial observer and military plans and operations officer (at the time). Would have been willing to sacrifice my credibility and the loss of my security clearances (and no doubt my career) by fabricating or reporting for my superiors other then what I had observed.

Don't think so.LOL

As for the pyramids...I'm satisfied as well they were engineered by humans for humans and enjoyed by humans. In this we agree. But that doesn't get me off the hook for other meanings and mysteries still out there.

I enjoy your posts. They are concise and offer stimulating and provocative thoughts....which is..after all why we are here. Carry on with your good works.

CV

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 18:18
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

Looks like a modern carving of an astronaut, probably added to an old church or public building to celebrate man walking on the moon
Leroy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Leroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 18:23
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

What?! So illuminati reptilians aren't planning to have me killed this coming Monday?!

hehe, yeah some of those websites, especially the one run by David Icke, cane be pretty whacky.

LOL. You won't believe the discussion I had with a number of people on YouTube that claimed Brad Pitt is a shape-shifting reptile. Their evidence was a video which supposedly showed his eyes shape-shifting but it was very obviously a reflection of the studio lights. Amazing how dense these people are.

Edited by Leroy - 31-Mar-2012 at 18:24
Leroy View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Leroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2012 at 18:27
Centrix I agree with you, which is why I follow those websites. Sometimes you do find some interesting things that are worth knowing about. Sorry, sometimes I get a little reactionary.
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2012 at 16:27
That's definitely no new carving nor is it from a church. Mr Erich Von Danikin had a collection of photos of such carvings taken directly of these archeological sights.

Even an individual I knew who visited a museum in Bahrain on ancient Assyrian civilization and he claimed to see an artifact of a being dressed in some sort of space suit and helmet with gas tanks.

The idea that this was carved out recently or from a church to celebrate the moon landing is an outright lie. If ancient shamans dressed like this then nobody would have a problem believing these are ancient carvings but since they're not shamans or some other "explanation" they suddenly become new carvings or some church celebration.

I'm not suggesting aliens explain every ancient mystery but ancient cultures definitely had no concept of building such suits or equipment or building flying metals shooting fire. All they could do was build imitations of what they saw.

What they saw is the main question and subject of debate which deserves proper research. And it's much too coincidental that civilizations around the world gave the same descriptions of what they saw right up till the more recent centuries. From Alexander the Great to Christopher Columbus.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2012 at 19:01

And i suppose this statue of Neil Armstrong is not modern, but made by Roman colonists in the Americas in memory of the flying saucer pilot who guided them to their destination?
AlphaS520 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Suspended

Quote AlphaS520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2012 at 15:26
What do everyone think of the pyramids of Giza?
It is said that it is exactly at the center of the Earth's land mass. You can go to Google maps, zoom out, and type in Pyramid of Giza, you can see it for yourself, this could be a coincidence.

However, research shows that the pyramid is in exact alignment with the magnetic pole of the Earth, north east south west. This I do not believe to be coincidence, I seriously doubt. There could be a lot of theories to explain this of course, such as the fact that the pyramid was at the center of the Earth... the magnetic pole has an stronger effect on the geographical landmass... and the pyramid was built based upon the landmass...

I could assume that it was natural, but it's very very unlikely. I could assume that the Egyptians figure out magnetic, so how do you think they can build the pyramid in exact alignment with the magnetic pole?

Research also shows that the 3 pyramids is in exact alignment with the stars in the sky, I forgot the name of the stars, maybe someone will know in this thread.

A lot of researchers shows that the pyramid requires extensively... technology, you can find these videos of YouTube, if now, I might post it in this forum next time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>