Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Timeout Room

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Timeout Room
    Posted: 28-May-2010 at 21:11
We have instituted an alternative to suspension or banning.  The timeout room is to give offenders a cooling off period while still being able to post. The catch? your restricted to the TOR.  
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
cavalry4ever View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Retired AE Moderator Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 07:34
We have a list of at least 3 candidates.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 15:07
Maybe someday I will be considered a candidate?

Or maybe, someday, I might even be considered as a "moderator?"

Keep up the good work!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2010 at 13:58
Originally posted by opuslola

Maybe someday I will be considered a candidate?

Or maybe, someday, I might even be considered as a "moderator?"

Keep up the good work!

Actually you were at the top of the list. Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2010 at 14:22
Do you mean I am still in contention?

YES!

May your tomatoes (notice the spellling) be dark red and sweet!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2010 at 12:50
I tried to post the following 4 times in the suggestion forum, and I give up.  Now I will see it will post here.  Have you put a restriction on me?

While you were down, I went to another forum and they have some very interesting function buttoms on the post.  One button records positive and negative reactions to a person and these are called reputation points.  Another is a thank you buttom.  It is fun to work for good rep points and thanks.  Seems to be this could make posting a very positive experience.  But then the owner went and gave mod responsibilities to real ignorant jerks and that ruins all the good stuff.   These mobs arbitarily move people's threads, without checking their decision with the person who wrote the thread, and no notification of where the thread was moved.  This is so disrespectful, and I am very glad you are back on line. 

I really wish you had a "Education and Culture History" forum though.   This is my area of expertise and it really covers every aspect of being human, our social order, economics, morals, etc..  Everything begins with what people discover and their ability to share this knowledge with others.  It is our united pool of intelligence that makes far superior to animals, and this begins with  dancing around the camp fire to communicate the great hunt, and goes on to our universities and the organization of a huge mass of people. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2010 at 16:36
No restrictions.  Could be a wrinkle or two though.  We'll look into it.  I will examine the Cultural History Forum and kick it around the mods room.  No guaranteesSmile 
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2010 at 19:52
Annoying, it is, signing in every post!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2010 at 19:08
I like coming to the timeout room when I am pissed!   I just spent a good half hour working on a post that was lost, because of some security code requirement?  I am looking for a different forum, because this problem has come up too often.  I will check back from time to time, to see if this forum becomes any easy to use. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2010 at 01:48
Originally posted by Carol

I like coming to the timeout room when I am pissed!   I just spent a good half hour working on a post that was lost, because of some security code requirement?  I am looking for a different forum, because this problem has come up too often.  I will check back from time to time, to see if this forum becomes any easy to use. 

Well, we had technical problems that were out of our hands.  I rather took the time to send you a personal email explaining all of this.  It has nothing to do with ease of use.  Sorry you lost your piece.  From my experience with forums which goes a few years,Wink it's always good practice to take a snapshot before you post.

We'll be sorry to see you go.

Unknown.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 13:31
I joined the forum because of the time out room, and then first time that I am aware it could be used, it wasn't used.  Cry 

Maybe this just a girl thing, but I think we should try to talk out our problems.   I could be wrong, but I think this is a basic male and female difference, and that it is a good thing we are different.   I think children really need this difference, and that things get messed up when single parents raise children, or one parent won't let the other do what s/he believes is necessary.   Now I am trying to justify my objection to not putting Ron and TGS in the time out room, instead of closing them out for a week.  I am female, and while discipline is necessary, I wish it could be self discipline rather than authority over us.  

Big smile   God gave man commandments.  Athena taught them to govern themselves. 

Besides although some people can be annoying and bring out the worst in me, they are also good for making me stronger and more self controlled.   Hum, that is a new awareness for me.  What is strong?  Are we strong when we can graciously endure the worst, or when like Zeus we can throw thunder bolts?  Note: when push came to shove,  the goddesses turned to Zeus.  
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2010 at 18:25
Since I was "In contention" and ultimately chosen, I shall just have to apologize to Red Clay and other moderaters and greater, that chose me for a period of quite! Therefor, I stayed quite for about two weeks rather than the one week period proscribed!

I was childish, petulant, and otherwise rude to other posters and for all of the above violations, I apologize!

I will try to become more prudent in my posts as well as my responses!

But, sometimes, I may well revert to form!

That is, if TGS again begans to assail me or others on the conservative side of American politics, I might well insert my right(s) per the Constitution of the USA, allowing "freedom of speech", especially within the political agenda! Which is especially the place that it is supposed to exist!!!!!

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 30-Sep-2010 at 18:29
Athena View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2010 at 02:07
opuslola, I think you got a little over zealous in bashing yourself.  I know when I am depressed I see everything in a negative light, and I assume insults are intended, and sometimes I am very embarrassed when I spout off and then reread what someone wrote, and realize people haven't said what I thought was said.   I try to remember, freedom of speech isn't the freedom to say anything that comes to mind.  That way I am less apt to embarrass myself.  Freedom of speech is freedom to reason, and that is different from  making rude comments that we can later regret.  I good rule of thumb is paying attention to the subject of our sentences.  If the subject is a person, chances are we are not on topic. 

Edited by Athena - 01-Oct-2010 at 02:10
 Post Reply Post Reply