Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most oppressed nation in the Middle East

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Which one:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [36.36%]
7 [31.82%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.55%]
1 [4.55%]
1 [4.55%]
1 [4.55%]
2 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [4.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most oppressed nation in the Middle East
    Posted: 26-May-2010 at 01:40
I myself think Jews, they were probably the only nation in this region who had to leave their own land several times and still fight for it.
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 01:54
Uh uh. I'll pass, I think.Approve
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 08:15
I am not sure, I would say Kurds but the Kurds did not truly be opressed until the Safavids started their terror, which was a few hundred years ago.  But Jews have been opressed much longer. 
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 08:23
I would say Beluchis to be honest, but Jews and Kurds are close second.
Pytheus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Pytheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 15:48
Where are the Saudis.

If you want a country that epitomises oppression.
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 15:53
surely Saudi's are Arabs. Though yes I suppose the poll doesnt neccessarily cater for the concept of a ruling elite of the people oppressing the others.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 18:42
Baluchis are part of middle east? anyways yeah we are oppressed by everyone.

Edited by balochii - 26-May-2010 at 18:43
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 10:31
Originally posted by Ince

I am not sure, I would say Kurds but the Kurds did not truly be opressed until the Safavids started their terror, which was a few hundred years ago.  But Jews have been opressed much longer. 

Well said, today I read an interesting article about it: May: In Kurdistan, empathy for Israel and Jews

By Clifford May/Syndicated columnist
Posted May 27, 2010 @ 08:16 AM

HALABJA, Iraq - Twenty-two years ago, in this dusty town hard up against the mountainous border with Iran, Saddam Hussein's military used chemical weapons to murder 5,000 Kurdish men, women and children.

The goal of Operation Anfal was genocide. At least 150,000 Kurds were slaughtered, many having first been herded into concentration camps where mass executions were conducted. More than a million Kurds were driven from their homes.

The result of this experience: Kurds see Americans as allies and also have empathy for Israelis and Jews. It makes sense when you think about it: Like Kurds, Jews are an ancient Middle Eastern people. Like Kurds, Jews have been targeted for genocide. Like Kurds, Israelis face an uncertain future among neighbors who range from merely hostile to openly exterminationist.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 27-May-2010 at 10:33
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 11:01
All of them. There is no single "most oppressed" people in the world, that is a myth. Every ethnicity listed has suffered just as much as the others through the course of history. Heck, the people listed are the lucky ones, they've survived to this day, there are many ethnic groups that have been completely destroyed (why doesnt anyone think of the Native American tribes, if anything, they should get everyones vote for the most oppressed, they were wiped out in less than a couple hundred years).

But as it goes, those who market the suffering of their people the best seem to come out on top.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 27-May-2010 at 11:43
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Ariapars View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ariapars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 12:21

I guess,most oppressed are Jews if we talk long term,modern days,it's gotta be us iranians

Peace!

I'm new by the way,Hello to All

Ariapars View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Ariapars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 12:27
Immortal Guard!like thatSmile
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 12:36
Originally posted by balochii

Baluchis are part of middle east? anyways yeah we are oppressed by everyone.
Does it mean that you don't know a large number of Baluchis live in Iran (about 1.5 million), Oman (about 0.5 million) and some other countries in the Middle East from the ancient times? and Baluchi is a Northwestern Iranian language? As you read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baloch_people Daptar Shaar ("Chronicle of Genealogies") suggests that the Baloch were Shia Muslims, who migrated from Halab (modern-day Aleppo), Syria, to Bampur in Seistan, Iran, and subsequently to Makran and other parts of Pakistani Balochistan.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 12:56
On what basis do you guys think the Jews are the most oppressed peoples?
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 13:00
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

All of them. There is no single "most oppressed" people in the world, that is a myth. Every ethnicity listed has suffered just as much as the others through the course of history. Heck, the people listed are the lucky ones, they've survived to this day, there are many ethnic groups that have been completely destroyed (why doesnt anyone think of the Native American tribes, if anything, they should get everyones vote for the most oppressed, they were wiped out in less than a couple hundred years).

But as it goes, those who market the suffering of their people the best seem to come out on top.

I don't agree, those nations were oppressed that they wanted to preserve their own culture and religion, for example however we Iranians have preserved most of our culture and traditions but it is a fact that we have changed our religions easily, you know that before Safavid times, the majority of Iranians were Sunni but they are already Shia, some other peoples in the Middle east have changed their almost all things, like those who were Babylonians, Elamites, Phoenicians and etc and some other ones have just preserved their names, like Syrians and Egyptians, I think Jews are really an exception.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 13:20
So your only criteria for the Jews being the most oppressed people is that they managed to preserve their religion?

Then what about Zoroastrians? Havent they preserved their religion against all odds?

The fact of the matter is that there is no single most oppressed people, Jews have just been very successful in marketing their suffering for political purposes. Other than that, all ethnicities have been oppressed throughout the course of history, some have been completely wiped out!

I'd say that the most oppressed are the ones that didnt even make it to present times.
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 13:20
And Azerbaijan are not opressed in your opinion? Or you didn't include because its not middle-east?

Azerbaijan have been opressed by 100 years of Qajar and 200 years of Russian rule.

Now millions of Azeris are under opression of Persians and a half million under Georgian regime. Our population have been driven out of "Armenia", Nagorno-Karabakh and 7 districts around it. Our lands have been given away.

Derbent, Zengezur, Borchali, Tebriz, Ardebil...

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 27-May-2010 at 13:21
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 13:25
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

And Azerbaijan are not opressed in your opinion? Or you didn't include because its not middle-east?

Azerbaijan have been opressed by 100 years of Qajar and 200 years of Russian rule.

Now millions of Azeris are under opression of Persians and a half million under Georgian regime. Our population have been driven out of "Armenia", Nagorno-Karabakh and 7 districts around it. Our lands have been given away.

Derbent, Zengezur, Borchali, Tebriz, Ardebil...

Oppressed in which way, please do tell.LOL And lets not put Iranian Azari's in the same category as Azeri's from the Republican of Azerbaijan. Also, dont forget that the tyrant terrorist mullah leader of Iran, KHAMENEI, is an Iranian Azari. So, by your logic, its the Azari's that are oppressing all Iranians?

Also, since I love pointing out the contradictions in your logic, wasnt Nagorno Karabakh's population majority Armenian? You say that Iran should give the Azari's independence (you implied this by lumping Iranian cities along with other cities in other countries which you claim are all Azeri cities, such as those in the R. of Azerbaijan), yet you deny the Armenian's in "your" land independence? How does that logic work?

When the Soviet Union collapsed, here were the demographics of Nagorno-Karabakh: Armenians (76.4%), 42,871 Azerbaijanis (22.4%). Today, the region is more than 95% Armenian (I realize that this is mostly due to the war and that many Azeri's fled), so how do you expect to kick all of these Armenians out? Just like the Israeli's in what is today former Palestinian land, it doesnt appear that they'll ever be going anywhere because they now dominate the region and have been living there for quite some time.

So please tell me how you rationalize this in your mind? How you can call for the "liberation" of Azari's in Iran yet still insist on Azeri domination of an Armenian dominated region?

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 27-May-2010 at 13:49
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 14:00
They tell that for dumbarses like you to create a such image. Khamenei my arse. Hes from Mashad.

Armenians settled in Karabakh from middle-east. There was even a monument in Karabakh dedicated to Armenians and it was saying "Armenians, welcome to Karabakh from Maraga/Iran, the 150th anniversary". Of course they destroyed it but there are pictures of it. If you want, I can post it.

Well dumbarse, the difference is Palestinians has no force to drive out Israelis. And its a totally different matter. Azerbaijan's military budget are equal to whole state budget of Armenia and it will get much bigger as oil income will get more. While Armenia are isolated where people cross to Azerbaijan because of hunger. Of course the second war is invetiable, its only matter of time when it will start. And we don't have any intentions to drive out Armenians, thos who want to live there can still live there.

And how do you compare it to situation of Azeris in Iran?

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 27-May-2010 at 14:03
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 14:13

They tell that for dumbarses like you to create a such image. Khamenei my arse. Hes from Mashad.

So, an Azeri born in Mashad isnt an Azeri? What if an Azeri is born in America, is he not an Azeri still? Nice logic, you're right I must be dumb because I just dont get it.LOL

Armenians settled in Karabakh from middle-east. There was even a monument in Karabakh dedicated to Armenians and it was saying "Armenians, welcome to Karabakh from Maraga/Iran, the 150th anniversary". Of course they destroyed it but there are pictures of it. If you want, I can post it.

It doesnt matter where they came from, my point is that they're there now, you propose ethnic cleansing?

Well dumbarse, the difference is Palestinians has no force to drive out Israelis. And its a totally different matter. Azerbaijan's military budget are equal to whole state budget of Armenia and it will get much bigger as oil income will get more. While Armenia are isolated where people cross to Azerbaijan because of hunger. Of course the second war is invetiable, its only matter of time when it will start.

Oh, so the Israeli Palestinian issue is different because the Palestinians are weak, but because Azerbaijan is so powerful, it legitimizes a war which will surely kill thousands of people for a small piece of worthless land. Yea, once again, your logic amazes me, lets fight and die for a worthless small piece of land with a made up significance which stems from ultra nationalism.

And we don't have any intentions to drive out Armenians, thos who want to live there can still live there.

Ok, so you just want Azeri domination over an area of land that is more than 95% Armenian today...

And how do you compare it to situation of Azeris in Iran?

You believe that Azarbaijan is occupied land (of course, anyone with a knowledge of the history of the region knows this is not true) and that it should have self determination correct?

Yet at the same time you want to deny Armenians the right of self determination. Do you see the connection buddy, or am I to much of a "dumbarse"?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2010 at 14:27
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

So your only criteria for the Jews being the most oppressed people is that they managed to preserve their religion?

Then what about Zoroastrians? Havent they preserved their religion against all odds?

The fact of the matter is that there is no single most oppressed people, Jews have just been very successful in marketing their suffering for political purposes. Other than that, all ethnicities have been oppressed throughout the course of history, some have been completely wiped out!

I'd say that the most oppressed are the ones that didnt even make it to present times.

What is the ratio of Persian Zoroastrians to Persian Muslims? The fact is that the majority of Persian Zoroastrians didn't preserve their religion and just a small number of them who lived in some isolated lands, like in the deserts around Yazd, could do it.
It is said Shah Ismail gathered a large number of Sunni clerics in Tabriz and ordered them to insult Abu Bakr, Umar and other Sunni holy figures in public, one of them abstained and was immediately beheaded, and then all other ones did what the king had ordered. For this simple reason, the majority of Iranians became Shia Muslims.
But we know several times in the history, Jews were killed, exiled, or taken as slaves and the majority of them never changed their values, for example we know after the famous battle of the trench (Khandaq), the Prophet said this people never change their relgion, so he ordered to behead all the men of Banu Qurayza Jewish tribe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_the_Banu_Qurayza
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>