Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurds are German?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurds are German?
    Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 15:05
Eaglecap! Do you give any weight to my contention that it might well be the so called "Goths" that made the connection, rather than the later Germanic's? After all, the very meaning of "german" is the same as "germain!", or "related!"

It seems that we, as outsiders, are not really considered as someone to respond too? chuckle!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 17:00
tobe honest with you i am  swedish and kurd Thumbs Up but noway  not german.
 Hitler was wrong againOuch the kurd are swedish and not germanLOL.the germans were turksSmile if you don't beleive me walk in any major german city and listen to the people  and see which language they speak and you can see i am right and hitler was wrongBig smile the kurd are västgötar and living in västragötaland!!
jag är svensk och inte tyskWink jag talar svenska och inte tyska. 
you see kurds speak swedisn and not germanBig smile
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 17:44
But, kalhur, do you speak or know Gothic?
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 18:03
Dear opuslola
 i am speaking swedish  with every member of my family , my wife my children and even grandchildren too, but the grand children are living in uk  they understand , but do not speak swedish they speak another form of  germanic language called anglo-saxon. Unhappy  
one of them  has light brown hair and hazel eyes and the other one has big clear blue eyes and middle blond hair very typical scandinavianShocked. you see kurds are swedes  they may look like germans but they are not germanSmile HITLER WAS WRONG

have you ever heared this famous swedish folklore song:
små grodorna små grodorna  de är lustiga att se!
ej öron ej öron ej svansar hava de
 mais voila.
kurds are swedes and not germansSmile

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 18:28
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 18:20
My dear kalhur, perhaps we are speaking about the same thing without actually connecting?

Therefor, I do not really know if I am to feel insulted or pattied upon my back? Laugh!

So, do you consider Goth or Gothic speech, etc., to be related to Swedish (Gothland?) or German?, or both?

As you well know, our currently accepted history seems to run the Goths back and forth across Europe and parts of Asia, and as they seemingly wound up they were also Arians! And the end of the Arians is another part of history that is somewhat confused!

So, I just wanted to make sure your family in England had not eaten their; "Kurds with their whey??" Laugh! And a smile!

Regards,
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 18:32
joking aside 
sweden was built by two people  goths in south and svea in the northen part.sweden is called  SVERIGE which means (SVEA-RIKE) because the svea become the more dominant. the old norse language was even much more near to the old english, but the language spoken in sweden today is very different than old swedish. sorry i know very little about the german history, but swedn is built by goths and svea s

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 18:38
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 18:43
Sso, did the Goths become German? Again note that for all real purposes this word really describes or described family relationships, and thus German / Germain / cousin / I.e., relative by marriage, etc.!

Thus the Gotts / Goats / Geats / etc., which I assume were the same peoples?, moved South into what is today Denmark and Germany or Saxon territory at one time or another?

Thus, Low (North) Germanic or Dutch, became early English? Or as some call it "Anglo-Saxon!", at least later!

Do, you agree with the above?
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2010 at 18:56
frankly i am not scholar in history my profession is blacksmith(tool making technician) i can not answer to your question. all i know is sweden  is build by two germanic tribes svea and gothes.
 there are two provinces in southern sweden one called västra götaland and another in the east  called östra götaland east götsland, then there is an island called gotland too in baltic sea, i hopeit will help you. one other thing is a strange similarity between swedish and persian languge, for exemple
i say in persian
name doxtare e man shirin ast.
in my kurdish dialect
nawe duti men shirin e
in swedish
min dotters namn är shirin
in english
my daghter's name is shirin.
when you see this kind of lingustic similarity you understand  the roots of speculation about  origin of kurds and iranians in generalShocked

Edited by kalhur - 23-Apr-2010 at 19:26
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 04:07
kurds are victimes of racism in many countries, 
in turkey:
despite their heroic participation in war against russian and english occupation army . what they got from turks was banning their language ! thank lord now the turkish gov has changed policy and even kurds existsShockedand even recently they got a tv in kurdish, thanks god in heaven!
in iraq it was the same despite all the promisses given by baath party of autonomy and civil rights all had ended to deception and  racial discrimination.
in iraq kurd has been killed in thousends by chemical warfare when the "heroic" racist  arabic ationalist baath army had no success in the battles on the ground, then it was allowed to use the chemical weapon on civilansAngry. and it is a fact and ducumented too.
in syria kurds are living inside villages with barbedwire around themUnhappythey are suspected to be JEWS and  SIONISTLOLooops what happened to that german origin of kurdsShocked
in iran they are as "fairly " traited as the rest of populationBig smile by the GOVWink and the fact that majority of kurds in iran are sunni  muslims  . it make that "fair" traitment even more " fair"LOL, but due to belonging to the same race and culture as other iranian groups at least persian population and other iranian groups  in genaral do not concider kurds as forigners .!!
then claiming that kurds are german is some time used to divert attention from this bitter and sad truthUnhappy.there are thousends and thousends of feyli kurds living in refugi camps under tents in years and years despite the war between iran and iraq had ended for a long times ago under the worst unhuman conditions Cry with no schools ,no health care and a gerneration of kurds with  no hope for future ! where is UN???
 unfortunately this claim has been used  for making kurds a part of genocid of jews in europe which was done by european themselves and not kurds.
indeed there is kurdish jew minority which has lived among kurds and thrived and many of them has emigrated to isreal and they love their kurdish origin and they celebrate NAWROOZ like the  other kurds and still speaking kurdish.
no doubt there is racial connection between all IE groups germanic or slav they share the same indoeuropean origin . kurds have same racial connection with slavs as germans
many words in slavic languages are nearly the same in iranian languages too.
 like jeen= jen =woman in slavic language and numbers are nearly the same in polish and kurdish..
and yes no doubt about it that kurds are of indoeuropean origin like pers and tajik , baloch, afghan,. german.slavs. name it,

Edited by kalhur - 24-Apr-2010 at 05:23
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 14:02
Originally posted by kalhur

Hitler was wrong againOuch the kurd are swedish and not germanLOL.the germans were turksSmile if you don't beleive me walk in any major german city and listen to the people  and see which language they speak and you can see i am right and hitler was wrongBig smile the kurd are västgötar and living in västragötaland!!

I am sorry but the German and Turkic tribes had little connection but possibly Attila the Hun, very limited. Whereas, the early migration of what we call Teutonic or Germanic tribes originated from present day Scandinavia, mainly present day Sweden and Norway. The Goths did migrate and settle north of the Black Sea and that is a possibility. There was a documentary I saw about the Gothic tribes and their origins and also "The Barbarians Speak" is another good source.

I saw another documentary about a remote Village in Switzerland. The infants have a blue spot on their rear, at birth, just like infants from Mongolia. It is believed they are descendants of deserters from Atilla the Hun's army, after they were defeated by the Romans. They settled in the mountains and took on Teutonic wives.   The Swedes and Kurds being more closely related than Germans is silly and only amounts to ethnic boasting. Any connection between the two would have come later in modern history, with the exception of possibly the Goths. Both Germans, Swedes, Norwegians are considered Teutonic, whereas, the Kurds are not. I am a Greek, German, Scotch-Irish and other mix myself.

Hitler was very narcissistic and evil so why even bring him up.

listen to the people and see which language they speak and you can see i am right and hitler was wrong the kurd are västgötar and living in västragötaland!!

The Germans tribes were conidered Indo European, and from all I know Kurdish is not a Indo European speaking language. It is possibly the words sound similar because of contact with tribes, such as, the Goths or other Indo-European speaking tribes.

Edited by eaglecap - 24-Apr-2010 at 14:07
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 15:15
sir 
as i said before i am not historien scholar and  just a simple  blacksmith,but i have read almost in every book that kurdish languages and generally iranic languages are IE languages.
you have mentioned about teutonic race !! isen't that something to do with titans(ancient greek gods),
isen't that possible that germans are not indoeuropean because IE people are comming originally from asia , because they were  TITANS and when they ascend on earthWink they may  took an IE languageQuestion
there is a swedish man claiming being prophet and says : he has actually been contacted by ET  landing in his yard while he was sitting and producing a kind of swedish masterwork of art called DALAHÄST!!
he says he saw an espaceship landing and from the ship a man came out with hairs  blond  shimmering like gold and told him things about mankind's future and he was a TITANWacko- that titan has told him that germans were titans and they only speak an  IE  languageShocked
what is your opinion sir?
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 16:13
Originally posted by eaglecap

I am sorry but the German and Turkic tribes had little connection but possibly Attila the Hun, very limited. Whereas, the early migration of what we call Teutonic or Germanic tribes originated from present day Scandinavia, mainly present day Sweden and Norway. The Goths did migrate and settle north of the Black Sea and that is a possibility. There was a documentary I saw about the Gothic tribes and their origins and also "The Barbarians Speak" is another good source.

I saw another documentary about a remote Village in Switzerland. The infants have a blue spot on their rear, at birth, just like infants from Mongolia. It is believed they are descendants of deserters from Atilla the Hun's army, after they were defeated by the Romans. They settled in the mountains and took on Teutonic wives.   The Swedes and Kurds being more closely related than Germans is silly and only amounts to ethnic boasting. Any connection between the two would have come later in modern history, with the exception of possibly the Goths. Both Germans, Swedes, Norwegians are considered Teutonic, whereas, the Kurds are not. I am a Greek, German, Scotch-Irish and other mix myself.

listen to the people and see which language they speak and you can see i am right and hitler was wrong the kurd are västgötar and living in västragötaland!!

The Germans tribes were conidered Indo European, and from all I know Kurdish is not a Indo European speaking language. It is possibly the words sound similar because of contact with tribes, such as, the Goths or other Indo-European speaking tribes.

Kurdish is a Indo-European languages, i'ts under Iranian branch which is under the Indo-Iranian branch.

Example, this only a few I know.

Dar = Door
Nu = New
Ster = Star
Birow = Eyebrow
Sherm - Shame
Min - My/Mine
Nav/Nam = Name
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 16:30
Originally posted by Ince

Originally posted by eaglecap

Kurdish is a Indo-European languages, i'ts under Iranian branch which is under the Indo-Iranian branch. Example, this only a few I know. Dar = DoorNu = NewSter = StarBirow = EyebrowSherm - ShameMin - My/MineNav/Nam = Name

I have a few books on Indo European theory and I will check this out but thank you. If they are related then the only connection Germanic tribes would have had goes back thousands of years. Are there similar sounding words in: Greek, Italic, Slavic etc? I would suspect so!
If you go back far enough we are all related whether you believe in Lucy or Adam and Eve.

ET and UFO's
I won't comment on that but feel free to your opinion.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 16:35

sir 
as i said before i am not historien scholar and  just a simple  blacksmith,but i have read almost in every book that kurdish languages and generally iranic languages are IE languages.
you have mentioned about teutonic race !! isen't that something to do with titans(ancient greek gods),
isen't that possible that germans are not indoeuropean because IE people are comming originally from asia , because they were  TITANS and when they ascend on earthWink they may  took an IE languageQuestion
there is a swedish man claiming being prophet and says : he has actually been contacted by ET  landing in his yard while he was sitting and producing a kind of swedish masterwork of art called DALAHÄST!!
he says he saw an espaceship landing and from the ship a man came out with hairs  blond  shimmering like gold and told him things about mankind's future and he was a TITANWacko- that titan has told him that germans were titans and they only speak an  IE  languageShocked
what is your opinion sir?

Well, even a black smith can be well read and it is good you seek knowledge. I have a Masters in history: pre Greek and Greek. I am really not sure about the Titans but I have heard theories but that would make another thread and really has little to do with the German tribes. I know the Romans were amazed by their stature and probably thought they were like Titans- LOL
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 17:06
 i agree with you roman were wrong they even did  blasphemy!!by calling german tribes barbariansShocked
anyway roman  diden't know that germans were actually the real  titans and not romans themselves being TITANOuch anyway it was long before  that spaceship landed in the swedishman's yardWink we shall forgive them they were ignorents at ancient timeLOL
yes indeed in persian language there are many words with latin origin  too.as i am french speaking kurdish - swedish black smithSmile  i have observed many latin words in persian-kurdish tooShocked
well if the germans had not  contact with  iranian people , i am sure that greeks and iranians had very warm cultural and racial contactWink indeed persian burn down athen and the greeks burn down persopolisStern Smile it could be concidered very hot cultural exchange and  contactLOL and even  poor alexander  against his will Disapprovewas conquered by ROXANA (oh jees she was really HOT with black skinWink and afro hair dress in the holywood movie)Big smile, it seems persian and greeks had a lot of racial cuddling contact with each other too at ancient times. even safo wrote some nice poems about persian soldiers tooWink   

Edited by kalhur - 25-Apr-2010 at 07:12
Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 17:30
There is no historical linkage between Germanics and Kurds.

The closest would have been when the Goths gained hegemony in Sarmatia and Dacia beginning about AD 200.  The groups in the Ukraine were called Greuthungi (later called "Ostrogoths") and the Dacian Goths were called Tervingi (later called "Visigoths").   By the 230's they were raiding across the Black Sea, and the Danube, but these were just raids.  They went back to their north  and west Pontic abodes and remained until the Huns caused the Alans to push them out in the 370's.  Where did they go?  Into the Balkans and then further west.

Any linguistic comparisons should be viewed in terms of a general Indo-European background.  Just bare in mind that if one does make comparisons between Germanic and Kurdish (and other Indo-Iranian) languages the same must also apply to other IE languages, (i.e. Romance, Celtic, etc.).  If this is ignored, then, either "All Europeans are Kurds/Iranians" or "All Kurds/Iranians are Europeans" or something to that effect.

'Nuff sed
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 17:42
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 18:44
kurdish people are first of all not of any pure race . we are mix of medians and many other ancient population like elamite, sumerian, persian, parthian and  many more.
 we have not a direct linage to any german tribes.
there are a great amount of people with rather fair hair and sometime green or blue eyes among the vilagers or people in country side, but it could be even of old linages before  IE imigration.
there is a people called kalasha in pakistan with very light skin and blue eyes and despite many speculations, it has beem proved that they have no genetic contact with  europeans,. indeed they have been isolated for thousendes of years before IE arival to india!!! they have very high amount of Y HG  L(33%) and K(20+) and some R1a1 indo-aryan marker.
 then having fair hair and white skin not really prov of german linage too.
 i don't know why such an assumption has ever  been made.
 as a kurd i am proud of being kurd and not german nor a titan from another planetLOL 
we are speaking an IE language and naturally there are similarity between all of IE languages,- here are picture of kalasha girlsclick to zoom

Edited by kalhur - 24-Apr-2010 at 18:56
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2010 at 00:04

Originally posted by Sharrukin

Any linguistic comparisons should be viewed in terms of a general Indo-European background.  Just bare in mind that if one does make comparisons between Germanic and Kurdish (and other Indo-Iranian) languages the same must also apply to other IE languages, (i.e. Romance, Celtic, etc.).  If this is ignored, then, either "All Europeans are Kurds/Iranians" or "All Kurds/Iranians are Europeans" or something to that effect.

I don't agree, you should prove all Indo-Europeans call their god "Goda/Khoda" and their king "Kianig", as Kurdish and Germanic people do, I don't know why we should ignore a huge similarity just because a general Indo-European background!
Romance, Celtic and other Indo-European people never celebrated Yuletide/Yalda, in their language shire/shar didn't mean "county" and they didn't use it as a suffix for their counties/cities, those who have researched about Germanic and Iranain mythical beliefs, have found several similar or almost the same things, like "Great Winter" (Fimbulvetr), which can not be found in other Indo-European mythical beliefs.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 25-Apr-2010 at 04:26
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2010 at 01:48

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Originally posted by Sharrukin

I don't agree, you should prove all Indo-Europeans call their god "Goda/Khoda" and their king "Kianig", as Kurdish and Germanic people do, I don't know why we should ignore a huge similarity just because a general Indo-European background!
Romance, Celtic and other Indo-European people never celebrated Yuletide/Yalda, in their language shire/shar didn't mean "county" and they didn't use it as a suffix for their counties/cities, those who have researched about Germanic and Iranain mythical beliefs, have found that several similar or almost the same things, like "Great Winter" (Fimbulvetr), can not be found in other Indo-European mythical beliefs.

dear friends
as i have understood history is more than often tied to political situation, rather than facts.Tongue
the rich nordeurope don't want to be related to poor india and they are no longer IEWink
actually the nord european want to be related to titans rather than punjabi people in india and other asian population like persian or even worst the poor kurdsLOL
but now india is growing in wealth (they have one of highest growth in BNP in the world) maybe when they become a very wealthy nation and  finacial strong and huge market again NE people shall come back on the earth and forget  their TITANICBig smile origin from planet GANJALOL
ln this game everything is negociableWink if you read german books dated 1930s even SLAVS were not concidered as IE , they were conicdered as worst scum on the earthShocked no way concidering slavic people as aryans at those old good!! daysLOL despite the obvious  relation between slavic languages and the other IE languages!!!
by the way now CHINA is growing in wealth and becoming a financial super power!!
isen't that good time to make them ARYAN too?after all we are all human and IE were originally from asia. 

Edited by kalhur - 25-Apr-2010 at 06:58
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>