Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are men are more open-minded than women?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are men are more open-minded than women?
    Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 00:52
Originally posted by medenaywe

Don Quixote de la Mancha just find Your Sancho Panza that will always agree with you!If this was Facebook will comment "LOLunlike"!

And what good is that? Why would I like someone to agree with me - so I never get challenged, never learn anything, and die from boredomDead? Nah....in battles would the truth be born...and a real Don never shuns an honest fightSmile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 01:03
You are lucky one cause windmills are in again also your cause for battle against it!?!Hasta la vista!Big smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 10:47
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Woman says
http://centerforiiit.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/the-evolution-of-man-and-woman-funny/
man says
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1274952/Men-ARE-brainy-women-says-scientist-Professor-Richard-Lynn.html
I say,do not lie yourself cause they use male brain capacity,saving their own brain!Most of all cause of their function of mother and family pillar!She is looking for safe place for offsprings raising,even they are not your!?!"She" just lay the "eggs".Big smile

Well, medenaywe, I have no idea what kind if women you know, but the kind of women I know are nothing like that; eggs, my foot! This is the male-control idea, to keep women down so they can cook and make sons for them, that's all; it has zero to do with female psychology. That's why in most North European countries people don't marry anymore, because marriage is an old an oppressive institution that bring more misery that anything else. Function of family and family pillar - this is Islamic morals, as offensive to female nature as they can possibly be; that's why Muslim countries are so desperate to keep western culture out of their countries, because it shows a different way of life and thinking, and they are scared that their women will awake up and start slamming them in the face, and demand their rights and lived for themselves.

So, don't kid yourself - women are tigers and lions, not hens; the hen thing is male fantasy of security, and male control sanctified by tradition over centuries; from which the males themselves suffer also, only they don't realize that, couse they so want to be the control-holders, and turn themselves into bread-providers. There is liberation in throwing out the traditional family structure, that lamentably most males don't get to know, because they are so set on controlling their women, instead of having lives and letting them have lives too.

This is the 10th Century mentality that's prevelant in the Middle East.  And not confined to Islam either.
The attitudes toward women are one of the things that will come back to bite them.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 11:24
Please do not mix up virtual stereotypes of sexes here!They were created to hide real animal features of man and women.Lay "eggs" means birth of offspring.If you have not understand my attitude above it is out of sexist one.I am trying  to talk about natural resources they both have received from the beginning,out of any virtual made stereotype have created till now by any civilization.Why do you thing "western" concept is better than Islamic or Hindu&Buddhist?Behind "western" concept hides trap that leads to "insects society".Both male and woman are overdosed with sexist philosophy,as it was exposed above .Someone have pushed all eugenic allusions inside high density human society?Sex and the city and traditional values of life do not go together people? 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 13:46
What I was eluding to has nothing to do with Western vs. Eastern, or one religion vs another.  Time, time is what I was talking about.  It's taken 1,000 years for us to get where we are.  And by we I mean all of us.  A major portion of the world has moved ahead in thinking and particularly in attitudes toward women.  There are places where attitude adjustment is lagging far behind the majority.
Again none of this is directed to any one religion or Geographic locale.  However, the middle east is one of the ares that are behind. 

Why do you thing "western" concept is better than Islamic or Hindu&Buddhist?Behind "western" concept hides trap that leads to "insects society".Both male and woman are overdosed with sexist philosophy,as it was exposed above .Someone have pushed all eugenic allusions inside high density human society?Sex and the city and traditional values of life do not go together people? 

You make a huge assumption based on nothing, I don't think Western ideas or concepts are better than anyone else's. 
What I do believe is you have an incredibly twisted idea about how men view women.  Sex and the city and traditional values of life do not go together people?  Sure they do.  Nothing in the traditional values of life, certainly the ones I grew up on, and I can assure you that there was no "Whoopee" in the Wesleyan Methodist environ at that time,  excludes "Sex in the City".

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 14:10
We are talking only facts here people.Let me start here:
http://www.mastersofhealthcare.com/blog/2009/10-big-differences-between-mens-and-womens-brains/
and little of this here(animal versus human role):
http://www.unc.edu/~lorelei/sexroles.html
also this:
http://www2.hu-berlin.de/sexology/ATLAS_EN/html/the_social_roles_of_men_and_wo.html

Edited by medenaywe - 04-Sep-2011 at 14:15
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2011 at 14:53

Those are opinions and theories, not facts.  Time is the factor here, and evolution of social structures.  Look to anthropology for some answers here, not quacks.

Unknown.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2011 at 23:46

Please do not mix up virtual stereotypes of sexes here!They were created to hide real animal features of man and women.Lay "eggs" means birth of offspring.If you have not understand my attitude above it is out of sexist one.I am trying  to talk about natural resources they both have received from the beginning,out of any virtual made stereotype have created till now by any civilization.Why do you thing "western" concept is better than Islamic or Hindu&Buddhist?Behind "western" concept hides trap that leads to "insects society".Both male and woman are overdosed with sexist philosophy,as it was exposed above .Someone have pushed all eugenic allusions inside high density human society?Sex and the city and traditional values of life do not go together people? 

Virtual stereotypes have nothing to do with anything - most people make a very clear separation between the ideas of sex and having kids; any given woman had sex more times in her life that the number of kids she has. The natural resources are not given to men by nature, they keep with with physical power - the stronger animal, etc, this is tool of control, enshrined by tradition. Why do I think the Western one is better - because it's more fair, women are given more chances to be personalities, humans, not someones' breeding bags. Traditional values - another tool of repression, you mean. I don't understand what do you mean by "insect society". Btw, sex has nothing to do with free mind, this is some male fantasy and fear that all women that are not beaten to pulp, dressed like mummies, and kept at home will have sex with someone else - this is utterly false.

Who is overdosed with sexist philosophy, and who exposed that above - I'm utterly confused here. The only thing I see here exposed is male fears that women are going to somehow get some human value and start seeing themselves as humans with choices and rights.
As for the sex and the City, I can't comment on that - I have better things to do that waist time with such straw.

Btw, you are misunderstanding the nick I have - DQ is not some loony who is fighting with non-existent stuff; he is an idealist, a person taking the huge risk to look beyond the traditional understandings, values and physicalities, and to see a different reality. This that no one else is seeing it doesn't matter, he doesn't care about that, he is going along his road, paying his price of being what he chose to be. He is a most worthy fellow, who is aware of the price of everything we get to do in this life, and pays his; not some brat spoiling for a fight, or just fighting just for the hell of it. He is a symbol for all idealists who ever lived, and who dared to live as they saw it, no matter what - and this is why I chose this nick.

Edited by Don Quixote - 09-Sep-2011 at 00:57
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2011 at 01:20

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2011 at 20:08
I figured I better explain whey I do so rave against the traditional values /before someone accuses me in anarchism/ - because they make people act and think artificially. Like the traditional  gender roles - that are suppressive to females, who are supposed to be homemakers even when they want to be something else, like individual with careers and their own lives; and turning males in nothing but food-providers, what kind of life fulfillment is that? People are to live together because they fulfill each other, complete each other, not because they have no other choice, and because family is to be kept at any price. That's why I say that traditional values are empty, and make people miserable for life, because they try to keep appearances while they die from inside - this is no value, but torture

Of course all this goes with the open mind - only open-minded people can truly embrace the insecurity of the equal gender relationships, most people are hiding behind the false security of the traditional values, and use them like walking sticks; unfortunately I had seen more males clinging to those "traditional values" that females, /because of the added control of it/ so I come again to my main point that in general women are more open-minded than men.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2011 at 00:55
If not 'traditional values'.. what then should I peruseWink
To old to be an anarchist....LOL
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2011 at 18:59
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

If not 'traditional values'.. what then should I peruseWink
To old to be an anarchist....LOL

Just human values I supposeSmile free from conventions. But this is only my opinion - I never said that everyone "should" ponder on this or that.
Anarchism is old too, old and beaten up and widely misunderstood - but this is a topic for another thread.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2011 at 21:09
Free from convention?LOL

Alas DQ no such thing has ever existed imo. Convention or societal cultural development (your choice of terminology) has always driven values.. be it in their creation or subsequent usage and or even alteration or elimination.

Values were, and are, designed in the primacy by men for men. Whether it be to salve their conscience or to promote their expansion of centralization and power.

Or to serve as beacon of sorts in the guidance of their behavior which leads right back into the former.

Consequently, a value (traditional or other) you may or may not approve of... that ntl is still considered necessary proper and fit by many around you or I... will always be a potential source of contention. The point of contention is immaterial. It will still exist.

And so will the values, in some form or another, accepted or rejected by whomever until rejected or replaced.  And historically that is not done very frequently or generally very successfully.Wink

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 11-Sep-2011 at 21:11

S. T. Friedman

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 02:59

Free from convention?LOL

Alas DQ no such thing has ever existed imo. Convention or societal cultural development (your choice of terminology) has always driven values.. be it in their creation or subsequent usage and or even alteration or elimination.

Values were, and are, designed in the primacy by men for men. Whether it be to salve their conscience or to promote their expansion of centralization and power.

Or to serve as beacon of sorts in the guidance of their behavior which leads right back into the former.

Consequently, a value (traditional or other) you may or may not approve of... that ntl is still considered necessary proper and fit by many around you or I... will always be a potential source of contention. The point of contention is immaterial. It will still exist.

And so will the values, in some form or another, accepted or rejected by whomever until rejected or replaced.  And historically that is not done very frequently or generally very successfully.Wink

I agree with you  here. And this is why I rave against the conventional values - because they are not absolute, not value for their own value, but tools to regulate the particular society they are used in; hence all bunch of unequalities had been introduced and enshrined as "traditional values"; some of which are outright harmful.

No, this is not to my liking - I dream of human values that are value in itself, like freedom of expression, freedom choice, gender equality, not in words but in real valuing the uniqui-ness of individuals - and i know that this is dangerous for any society, since societies are balanced by relinquishing freedom, not obtaining it; but what a trap this is, what a trap! Traps are bad, they create only broken dreams and personal misery.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 11:03
Agreed. yet we dance around the logic and the reality that is... when we say or expect a definition of values or deny that values remain nothing more then abstract ideas (until placed into practice)... that in and of themselves.... can not create themselves.

Never could.

Consequently that trap as ye refer to it....is self and collectively induced.. thru self and collective creation.. for self and collective motivation and agendas...and self and collectively adhered too
for self and collective satisfaction. Be it for control and manipulation and or because it's viewed as self and collectively necessary. Wink

It's called the history of the developement of human society.

In the end you might believe the abscence of 'tradtional values' superior...the opposition will deny that.

So...my advice?

Drink heavily of the grape.. dance around the fire and to hell with the world if ya don't like it.LOL

Unfortunately that will only last a while and then it's back into the reality of it, liked or other.

Always fun DQ...always fun.

Smile

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 14:59
Sperm donation centers are ready for "new human" model?!?Instead of reproduction males we will solve problem with simple "one hand work" maybe future virtual vagina adapter that will deliver nice examples of material to the Queen automated department?!?I have tried to talk about this inside topic about homosexuality but nobody take it serious.Serious is because of units which DNA info will be lost in the future and we need all units mutations.Somehow I believe that behind our superior society stands parts
in which humans have evolved same as mastiffs that were spoken before!?! 

Edited by medenaywe - 16-Sep-2011 at 03:03
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Sep-2011 at 21:08
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, and say
Is in the pill you took today

In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got not nothing to do
Some machine is doing that for you

In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

In the year 7510
If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
Guess it's time for the Judgement day

In the year 8510
God is gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down and start again

In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man is gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing

Now it's been 10,000 years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do or say
Is in the pill you took today ....(fading...)

Zager and Evans In the year 2525

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2011 at 00:16
CV reads my mind!Thumbs UpLook this remake from Laibach:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4D7L-PBmRc
in addition of this will say only that human genome had been sampled in 15 june 1996,so before that nobody could have been sure about their real parents,especially father's part of ancestry!LOL
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2011 at 01:12
Next step:your grandpa married his half sister cause he had never known that and mastiffs have been done !!!Our human features were modeled using mastiffs&pigeons breeding technics!Am I wrong maybe?!?This
way was divine one once:
Osiris was the first child of Nut and Geb, and therefore the brother of Seth, Nephthys, and Isis. He was married to his sister, Isis.

Edited by medenaywe - 16-Sep-2011 at 02:20
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2011 at 00:36

Agreed. yet we dance around the logic and the reality that is... when we say or expect a definition of values or deny that values remain nothing more then abstract ideas (until placed into practice)... that in and of themselves.... can not create themselves.

Never could.

Consequently that trap as ye refer to it....is self and collectively induced.. thru self and collective creation.. for self and collective motivation and agendas...and self and collectively adhered too
for self and collective satisfaction. Be it for control and manipulation and or because it's viewed as self and collectively necessary. Wink

It's called the history of the developement of human society.

In the end you might believe the abscence of 'tradtional values' superior...the opposition will deny that.

So...my advice?

Drink heavily of the grape.. dance around the fire and to hell with the world if ya don't like it.LOL

Unfortunately that will only last a while and then it's back into the reality of it, liked or other.

Always fun DQ...always fun.

Smile

Of course the values cannot create themselves - people do create them; the question it what values there would be created and accepted, and what capacity of change there is for them - the values and the people who create them.

Traps are never positive and they are not imaginary either, but very real ones - I know something about that on my own hide. I can get the collective inducement - after all civilization is built on ceding freedom, not no giving one. But personal satisfaction - come on now...this is a beg-time story for me. There is no personal satisfaction in traditional value-based relationships - there is only habit, taking for granted /aka false security/ mutual use and abuse, and personal misery people just get used to. Is this good for the society - probably, at some point of the human development, but this doesn't mean that it has to be the same forever.

Absence of traditional values as superior - why not? If everyone thinks like that, whats' the problem? Reality is what people make it, no one else makes it ...so traditional values can be changed to something better and more humane and less oppressive and hypocritical, this is not a dream, but a perspective.

Dances around the fire is not what I'm taking about; I'm not talking about some spasmotic rebellion, but about conscious change in human behavior oriented towards more humane values, that in time maybe could become more accepted. Then there wouldn't be a fall back to reality, because reality would be it, not some temporary escape in one way or another.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>