Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?
    Posted: 08-Apr-2016 at 01:00
ChildrenOfMala'Kak View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 16:54
I think kurds mixing is confusing. I belive they might have been semitic origin before becoming Indo European. Thats through Persia and the Medes. It is unkown what religion they followed then but they could be semitic origin. therefore could be one of the lost tribe of Israel. I love to speculate. I'm not religious but I find the lost tribe so exiting (If they really exists even today). Many European brits have trying trace themselves back to them by trying to Indentiify themselves as the lost tribe. But the chosen seed came from Shem. And Europeans are Japethtic origin. Japeh was Shem's brother. Shem stand for semite.
Therefore you have to be semite by blood. I'm not sayng kurd are the lost tribe or even semitic. These are just theories. But we must keep an open mind.¨

*Well, the Kurdish nation is originally of Semitic Descent, the Kurds lived in ancient Mesopotamia which is modern Iraq. As the Babylonian Empire began to grow they pushed the semitic Kurds to the caucasus to the south of Russia. Their blood mixed with the Norse and Aryans even their Language Changed to an Indo-Eoropean language which is now modern day Kurdish. Now, the Kurds are a mix of predominantly Semitic blood and some Aryan. It is always misunderstood that the Kurds are Aryan*

http://www.answers.com/Q/Are_Kurds_Semites

I think this is what happened to the Isralites of the bible from in their exile from Babylon.

Edited by ChildrenOfMala'Kak - 12-Apr-2016 at 17:11
Gypsyhebrewmoon View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Gypsyhebrewmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 04:16
First you have to put in mind the "gypsies" or tziganes are not originally from India as most people think, Tziganes are one of the ancient tribes of Yis-rael.. When the Assyrians's war like empire invaded northen Israel in the 7th century BC, they took many hebrews as slaves, particulary from the Tziganes tribes into what it will be the New Medes empire that was composed by people from many different origins, including the kurds. The kurds and the Tziganes mixed ( both population loved music and traditions) so it was normal. I am not saying that all kurds are Tziganes ( or gypsies ) but many kurds have gypsy blood and it is very clear in their faces, in their way of dressing, in their music etc etc..When the Assyrian empire got destroyed, the new Persian empire liberated many of the slaves ( kurdish and tziganes as well )..The tziganes left to India, to Rajasthan then to Egypt ( from where the term "gypsy" or gyftos - the ones that went through Egypt - come from) From Egypt Tziganes went to Spain ( gitanos ) and to the whole world. There is no such a thing as a "kurdish "pure race, neither a tzigane "pure race"..Populations have always mixed, love have no borders.Tne construction of modern nations states got nothing to do with ethnicity. I am of Tzigane origins and i love kurdish people, i consider kurdish like my brothers and sisters. We cant hide history, our real ID is our physical features, our music, our way of feeling and acting.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2016 at 07:01
Our Tziganes say they came from Pakistan. Smile
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2016 at 17:14
There is no such thing as Pakistan. They were Indians who separated after 1945 and became a country in 1947. Because of religious and political reasons. Kurds are mixed. You can't tell who is a kurd anymore. They go from caucasians,middle easterns to asian and all the way to negroid looking. All though there is a possibility kurds have also roots in what is Pakistan today. Not only Pakistan but also northeast Afghanistan and northwest India.

Edited by ChildrenOfMala'Kak - 27-Jun-2016 at 12:54
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2016 at 12:50
Herbews/isralites are not and never were gypsies. They had royalty bloodline. Gypsies will always be nobody no matter what era they live or lived in.

Edited by ChildrenOfMala'Kak - 02-Jul-2016 at 12:54
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2016 at 14:45
Originally posted by ChildrenOfMala'Kak

Herbews/isralites are not and never were gypsies. They had royalty bloodline. Gypsies will always be nobody no matter what era they live or lived in.

Ease up on describing the Romani as nobodys. They are recognized by the UN, and are essentially a people without a country.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2016 at 19:11
Sorry, If I went too far. But most Romanians don't share the same genes as Jews. I don't know how he or she connected them together. They are nothing alike. 
spgohaodha View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote spgohaodha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2016 at 22:35
Respectfully, I am a Celt of the old blood. My father told me there were connections between our ancestors and the Medes and related people in the days when our ancestors were making their long migrations from the foothills of the Hindu Kush and Himalayas across land and water to Europe. They did not simply make straight shot to Europe like an arrow, and some groups evidently doubled back towards the original lands. Both known dialects of Tocharian were highly cognate with Old Irish, at least still 60% around the first millenium CE, even more than ancient Persian language from Avestan times. 

It is highly possible that they mixed with or were absorbed into communities of Mittani, Carduel, Gorani, etc.. Look for R1b1 Haplotype for the most part.

They were horse culture people, could make copper, bronze, and some limited iron items like strips to cover the edges of utility knives and fighting knives. They wove bias weave fabrics such as twill, had a large loom with a flying shuttle, used a spinning wheel to make yarn and thread, had a special breed of sheep with unusually soft oily golden wool ("golden fleece" of the Greek legends). They fought in units of three, counted by sevens and twenties, kept two calendars reckoned by nights, were capable of writing but used it only for official records like head counts of live stock. They worshiped God under an ancient name De (vs deus). Men and women were basically equal under their laws, there were three main social classes, and they believed in metempsychosis migration of souls even during life. They had and possibly invented the pottery wheel, and roller bearing supported wheels for their carpat, "Chariots." They used stirrups with a leather strap at the bottom, and roundel spurs. Milk was prized food, as were venison, wild boar and domestic pork, Salmon and trout, spelt and emmert, barley, and millet. Money was reckoned in iron ingots, bronze or copper slugs, and cows. Saffron color was the symbol of nobility, like among the Sakha,  the Scyths.

Remnants of the mass migrationalso back traked to the east and northeast and became outposts of the culture, forming poskets along the various trading routes along what became known as the silk road, surviving into times of written historical records, preserved in ancient caves in the Taklimakan Desert, and in Chinese and Persian archives. Thee would have been records from the Sogdians and Bactrians, but the Macedonians destroyed a lot of these, Han Chinese and Mongols finished the extirpation. Many served in the armies of the various kingdoms and emprires rising and falling in the Levant.

In ancient script, the Gaelic Irish wrote the letter G exactly the same as Gandharvan...this is no coincidence. Truthfulness, integrity, and keeping promises were most valued among the clans. Cow was Bo, horse was Eaqq (vs equos in Latin), wheel was rothar vs rota in Sanskrit, cent was 100 vs sat(-am) in the Persian languages of the times, five was quiq vs pum(p), etc...
le scriobhan o Sean o'hAodha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425