Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful buildings in your city

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beautiful buildings in your city
    Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 06:34

The English word Kiosk comes from the Persian Kushk:

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 08:29
Some mark buildings of Bucharest:

The former Palace of the Deputies Ansemble (now part of the Patriarchate)

By Raiden2 on Flickr

The CEC Palace

http://www.comunicatemedia.ro/Detalii_arhitecturale_ale_Palatului_CEC-IDA-152-IDF-3525.html

The Sutu Palace (Museum of History of the city)

By danvartanian on Flickr

The Manuc Inn

By Raiden2 on Flickr

The Tei Inn

By Raiden2 on Flickr

Edited by Menumorut - 31-Aug-2009 at 03:45

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 09:51

If you search for "Bucharest Street" or "Bucharest Avenue" in Google images then you will find some pics of one of the longest and most important streets in Tehran:

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2009 at 10:40
Interesting. The Teheran street in Bucharest is small but is in the most expensive neighborhood in the country, Primaverii district.

It should look something like this.

Raiden2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Raiden2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 00:55
Sorry, but the picture with Manuc's Inn from above is also mine. Please make the necessary correction. Thank you.
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 02:16
cyrus where are the 1st & 3rd pix
I  don't know them
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 02:38
The first and second pics are from "Khane-Shaqaqi (House of Shaqaqi) in Kushk street which is also known as "Emarate-Kushk" (Mansion of Kushk) and the third pic shows "Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh", another view:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 31-Aug-2009 at 06:27
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 02:56
The first and second pics are from "Khane-Shaqaai (House of Shaqaqi) in Kushk street which is also known as "Emarate-Kushk" (Mansion of Kushk) and the third pic shows "Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh", another view:

sepas cyrus Embarrassed
are both open to public? is it possible to take photo?

Koshk st. you mean koshk mesri st. or the st. that now called Taqavi st.  where the Saxteman Parcham is

& where is the Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 08:30
sepas cyrus Embarrassed
You are welcome! Smile

are both open to public?
I don't think to be so, Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh seems to be located in the yard of a school and Kushk Mansion is already used as an official building of Iran's Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization.

is it possible to take photo?
I'm not sure about Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh but Kushk Mansion can be seen from the street.

Koshk st. you mean koshk mesri st. or the st. that now called Taqavi st.  where the Saxteman Parcham is
Egyptian Kushk (Kushk Mesri) is also one of the historical parts of Tehran, there are some of the most beautiful buildings of Tehran across this street, Kushk street is the north of it between Ferdosi and Lalehzar streets.

where is the Kushk-e-Fakhrodoleh?
You know most of Tehran's historical buildings are in the district-12, this one is also there, near Fakhr-abad street.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2009 at 12:00
Nice pictures of Tehran - I really don't plan to ever go there so it is nice to see pictures of it. I love old buildings but being new in this part of Arizona I am not familiar enough with Tucson to know about the old buildings but the moutnains are nice. The Santa Catalina Mountains are in the background.

Now Spokane I do know

mrbwa1 flickr.com

Spokane county court house which is a copy of some famous French building. There is a another oool building behind with it with some neat Greek columns but darn I cannot recall the name - belongs to some faternal organization that is into Egyptian symbols.

members.cruzio.com

teecer flickr.com

The old flour mill turned into mini mall is cool

John 420 flickr.com

The Spokesman Review building - newspaper

Mike Tigas flickr.com

the Spokane club has a neat old bldg

Seth Gaines flickr.com

by MathTeacherGu... flickr.com

the ole steam plant now turned mall with resturants, a coffee shop, and little shops

rejuvesite flickr.com

by Chris La Tray flickr.com

Chronicle Building but you cannot see its gargoyle statues on top

swankola flickr.com

gargoyles on building

John 420 flickr.com

Edited by eaglecap - 31-Aug-2009 at 12:26
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2009 at 12:32
here are some more oldie but goodie buildings from Spokane my former city:

Carnegie Library, Main Branch Spokane WA. Neo classical Greek architecture from the 1920's.
image by vmf-214 flickr.com

church I think
image by halberst flickr.com

darksidesunny flickr.com

image by dawickham65 flickr.com

Honest Abe Lincoln
image by spokanephotos.com

image by rmpinvest.com

Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2009 at 14:22

Here is the one I could not remember- The Masonic Temple

image by mpknecht flickr.com

image by Danny Dinges flickr.com

Edited by eaglecap - 02-Sep-2009 at 14:25
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2009 at 23:25
Spokane seems a beautiful city, mainly because of natural surroundings but architecture is surprisingly fresh and cute.

Some more form Bucharest:

The Ministry of Transport, a huge building from 1940 with fine interior decoration

By cod_gabriel on Flickr

The House of the Army

By Raiden2 on Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply