Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Does Nationalizing HealthCare & Hospitals Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AksumVanguard View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AksumVanguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Does Nationalizing HealthCare & Hospitals Work
    Posted: 18-Jun-2009 at 16:32

Do you guys think healthcare should be a Human right in every country or for a person to obtain for his own invidual self.And I'm not just talking about mediacore healthcare I'm mean health care to treatmeant of  tumors,costly surgeries, and accident recovery therapy other issues as well.

When they are crisuses such as influenza after World War 1 which killed 40 million,or Swine flu scare,I think it would be clever to nationailize hospitals that way they both can track the status of potential outbreaks.

It seems the US is the only country that doesn't have a universal coverage system.It seems they might spend that on the Voyage to Mars  ,a park or Stadium.Can anyone elaborate on the universal coverages in other countries and what exactly does it cover.

Edited by AksumVanguard - 18-Jun-2009 at 16:33
warwolf1969 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote warwolf1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2010 at 09:59
As someone who lives in a country with the NHS I would say that not only is it a good thing, it is in fact a right of everyone to have national health care. 
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2010 at 13:29
Warwolf! Perhaps you have not read the Constitution of the USA?

I cannot seem to find it there?

Regards, (and glad you have what you need and what you can afford!)
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2010 at 14:43
For all that people in the UK might bitch and moan about the NHS (and we do) I would rather be with it than without it.
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2010 at 14:46
It might not wrk well, but at least it is there
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2010 at 15:33
And contrary to what you all read, over there, it is also available here!

At least until hospitals keep closing due to the overrun of people bringing their children to the emergency rooms for head colds, scrapes, bloody noses, cuts (minor) and a pletheora of other minor ailments! The emergency rooms of many US hospitals are used by both children and adults, as a place whereby "free" treatment is given!

That is, it is us, the Americans (legal ones mostly) who have health insurance, that has to pay for the overruns! And, that means, in all cases, even government programs have to get funds from some one, or some body? Thus it is sucked from the tax payer of the USA, and not from the masses of un-documented aliens, who routinely over run the facilities!

I would suggest that those of you currently covered by the National Health Care system of Great Britain, or England, etc., merely extend your great benefits to those illegal aliens who over run American systems?

It would only be "fair!" Note, you can even tax them, if you can find them?

Note, I have used the "emergency room" only twice in my lifetime (63+ years) and both times it was a "real emergency!" Also, I also was coverend (not fully) by insurance both times!

Just where do these people go in Mexico, or Guatemala, etc.?

Edited by opuslola - 17-Jul-2010 at 15:38
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2010 at 09:21
Originally posted by opuslola

And contrary to what you all read, over there, it is also available here!

At least until hospitals keep closing due to the overrun of people bringing their children to the emergency rooms for head colds, scrapes, bloody noses, cuts (minor) and a pletheora of other minor ailments! The emergency rooms of many US hospitals are used by both children and adults, as a place whereby "free" treatment is given!

The A&E department of the UK arent overrun with these problems, because people are surprisingly sensible, and they hospitals wont do anything about them anyway, because there's no poimt because they're so minor. Thats not how the system works. You have a head cold, go see your GP, uoi have a broken arm, go to the hospital.
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2010 at 09:12
Most of what these Tea Partiers "think" they "know" about universal healthcare is propaganda that Fox News and nutcases like Limbaugh and Palin fed them. Remember the "death panels"? Ridiculous.

I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
warwolf1969 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote warwolf1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2010 at 10:10
Originally posted by opuslola

Warwolf! Perhaps you have not read the Constitution of the USA?

I cannot seem to find it there?

Regards, (and glad you have what you need and what you can afford!)
I was not talking about any national constitution, but rather the natural law of rights that any human should have.  If run correctly a national health service can work very well.  Providing all with equal, fair, and free health care on a case by case basis. 
 Post Reply Post Reply