Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedillegals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: illegals
    Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 23:30

Pal, you are not nothing than a trouble maker. Let's put on that way. I'm ust responding you in a way that you can understand. Have I insult you ? no ?
Can you take part of a discussion ? if no, do not start it. Simple as that.

And I state that you are troublemaker, since your avatar raised complaints already among our turkish members. Throwing a stone with one hand and hidding it is what I call to be a troublemaker.

I have been hanging around for 2 years already. I have seen guys like you messing around. Provoke you ? any profit for me on that ? I do not think so. Just enlightme with any worth post from you ? any essay ? I'm impatient to see from you a propositive post, a post worthly to read. Hopefully you get tired to post inflammatory topics and posts,
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 23:35

You can PM me if you want to write this off topic complaint about me, or respond to my comments in this topic.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 23:37

I do not like to hide a discussion.
whatever you want to tell me, I invite you do it on public. How's that ?
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 00:02
I have nothing to tell you. You started called me a trouble maker. If you have anything else to say on that note, I invite to to PM me of your troubles. It is what the rest of the moderators would like as well..
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 00:08
then do not tell me nothing.
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 00:10
I can post my views on these topics all I like, and if you do not agree with my views, then more power to you, but do not stop the flow of the topic, post within the topic.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 00:14
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

Originally posted by strategos

Strategos, we are not Hispanics. Let me culture you a little bit. Hispanic is a person born on the Hispanic Peninsula ( Spain and Portugal ). We are not Latinos. A Latino is a person born in Italy Peninsula. We are MEXICANS !! We are not central America or South America. Central America starts below the Usumacinta river, got it, bud ?

Please, I do not need your "schooling." Come to the U.S. for a month or so and you will learn all you need.

In America, people from Mexico, Central and South America can be indentified as Hispanic or Latino, and MANY DO recognize themselves as such. I have Hispanic friends, and this is no way offensive to them, and if it was all offensive to you, then that was not intended. And please, none of this bud sarcasm stuff again..

I have been in the States already, bud. I already learned all what I have to learn. C'mon, southern US is the 32 state of Mexico, bud

Believe me, you need more than teaching and or schooling. You should understand by now the historical ties with the southern and western US and Mexico.

Las Vegas, California, Nuevo Mexico, Tejas, Colorado , El pueblo de Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles, Arizona, Santa Fe, San Francisco, San Diego, San Leandro, San Luis Obispo, Monterey are spanish names. Despites how much you or anybody else hates to recognize it, the Treaty of Hidalgo did not ended our ties on those lands. The border doesn't end at Rio Brvo ( not Grande River ). Even after more then 150 years of the war, the influence and our heritage will not be cut by decrees or walls. We survived to Polk, Tafft , Wilson and many other anti mexican presidents. So, get use to it, amigo.

We are a sovereign nation and while I support legal immigration from Mexico I take a stand against illegal immigration.
It is true Spain and then Mexico had a claim on these lands first but if you talk to an Apache, Pueblo, Hopi, Navajo or a California Indian they would dispute that. I enjoy Mexican culture and I try to encourage little Brittany (11) to learn about her Mexican heritage and her Irish and German side as well. Even Mexico has its share of racism. when I was in Mazatlan there was a lot of discrimination against the pure natives Indians from the Spanish mixed Mexicans. Mexicans are not the only ones to have faced discrimination. My Greek relatives also faced it from Anglo Americans. It does not happen anymore but I heard of the story of a Greek being denied entry into a Greek society on a college campus-ironic. Also, the story of a Greek who was severely beat up for dating an Anglo girl.
We should not take these disputes personal though- I give my point of view and respect other views. I have tried to point out that illegal immigration is a world-wide problem. I was upset about some Americans who were working in Greece illegally.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 08:08
Originally posted by eaglecap

We are a sovereign nation and while I support legal immigration from Mexico I take a stand against illegal immigration. 

For the 10th or so time: Why do you think they immigrate illegaly? Because they like it better that way? Of course not, it's because they can't migrate legaly. So if you really have no problems with immigration you should support measurements that make legal immigration easier.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 09:20

I have plently of Mexican friends, whose familys moved from Mexico, so do not go about telling me what I know and what I do not know..

I am judging your knowledge on what you have displayed during this thread. . Here, let me remind you:

It is because these hispanics come into the United States Not respecting the culture or the language. They come in and treat it as a "little Mexico", and live how they would in Mexico, many not even taking the time to learn english. English should be made the official language of the United States, and the only language. Many immigrants from Europe HAd to learn english, many by night school, and then these hispanic immigrants come in and don't even bother. This angers the American people.

Now you claim that you have plenty of Mexican friends. Lets assume it is true. In what language do you speak with them? How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture?

Does it offend you to see people with strong, living ethnic identity? Does it offend you hear people speaking a different langauge?

P.S. I am surprise that you wanted to take this public discussion to pm with Jalisco Lancer.

As the second greatest 20th century U.S. President said, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

Edited by hugoestr
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 09:38

Strategos, we are not Hispanics. Let me culture you a little bit. Hispanic is a person born on the Hispanic Peninsula ( Spain and Portugal ). We are not Latinos. A Latino is a person born in Italy Peninsula. We are MEXICANS !! We are not central America or South America. Central America starts below the Usumacinta river, got it, bud ?

Please, I do not need your "schooling." Come to the U.S. for a month or so and you will learn all you need.

In America, people from Mexico, Central and South America can be indentified as Hispanic or Latino, and MANY DO recognize themselves as such. I have Hispanic friends, and this is no way offensive to them, and if it was all offensive to you, then that was not intended. And please, none of this bud sarcasm stuff again..

I have been in the States already, bud. I already learned all what I have to learn. C'mon, southern US is the 32 state of Mexico, bud

Believe me, you need more than teaching and or schooling. You should understand by now the historical ties with the southern and western US and Mexico.

Las Vegas, California, Nuevo Mexico, Tejas, Colorado , El pueblo de Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles, Arizona, Santa Fe, San Francisco, San Diego, San Leandro, San Luis Obispo, Monterey are spanish names. Despites how much you or anybody else hates to recognize it, the Treaty of Hidalgo did not ended our ties on those lands. The border doesn't end at Rio Brvo ( not Grande River ). Even after more then 150 years of the war, the influence and our heritage will not be cut by decrees or walls. We survived to Polk, Tafft , Wilson and many other anti mexican presidents. So, get use to it, amigo.

It is true Spain and then Mexico had a claim on these lands first but if you talk to an Apache, Pueblo, Hopi, Navajo or a California Indian they would dispute that. I enjoy Mexican culture and I try to encourage little Brittany (11) to learn about her Mexican heritage and her Irish and German side as well. Even Mexico has its share of racism. when I was in Mazatlan there was a lot of discrimination against the pure natives Indians from the Spanish mixed Mexicans. Mexicans are not the only ones to have faced discrimination. My Greek relatives also faced it from Anglo Americans. It does not happen anymore but I heard of the story of a Greek being denied entry into a Greek society on a college campus-ironic. Also, the story of a Greek who was severely beat up for dating an Anglo girl.
We should not take these disputes personal though- I give my point of view and respect other views. I have tried to point out that illegal immigration is a world-wide problem. I was upset about some Americans who were working in Greece illegally.

The argument that Mexican claim to the U.S. Southwest is void because the native-American tribes lived here before is bogus. English-speaking immigrants to Texas considered it Mexican enough to requests permission to the Mexican government to settle there. It was Mexican when they declared their independence from Mexico. The U.S. considered the land to Mexican enough to fight a war over it. They took claim over it after they signed a treaty with the Mexican government. The U.S considered Mexico the legitimate owner of the land.

Now, if we want to discuss how the U.S. government treated Native Americans and their land, we can begin with the Cherokee Nation being expelled from their nation. The U.S. expansion to the West is one of the most shameful, crooked episodes of U.S. history. Maybe only slavery tops its immorality.

Lets not forget that the Pilgrims were the ultimate illegal aliens. Not only they did not ask permission to the native and rightful owners, they stole their land and kill their nation.

On another note, I am very happy for you to get to go to Greece! I wish I could go there myself. Please eat their delicious food, listen to their beautiful music, and do a few circle dances for me while you are there.
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 12:22
Originally posted by hugoestr

I have plently of Mexican friends, whose familys moved from Mexico, so do not go about telling me what I know and what I do not know..

I am judging your knowledge on what you have displayed during this thread. . Here, let me remind you:

It is because these hispanics come into the United States Not respecting the culture or the language. They come in and treat it as a "little Mexico", and live how they would in Mexico, many not even taking the time to learn english. English should be made the official language of the United States, and the only language. Many immigrants from Europe HAd to learn english, many by night school, and then these hispanic immigrants come in and don't even bother. This angers the American people.

Now you claim that you have plenty of Mexican friends. Lets assume it is true. In what language do you speak with them? How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture?

Does it offend you to see people with strong, living ethnic identity? Does it offend you hear people speaking a different langauge?

P.S. I am surprise that you wanted to take this public discussion to pm with Jalisco Lancer.

As the second greatest 20th century U.S. President said, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

BRAVO MATADOR, TORERO, TORERO....
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 14:36

The argument that Mexican claim to the U.S. Southwest is void because the native-American tribes lived here before is bogus. English-speaking immigrants to Texas considered it Mexican enough to requests permission to the Mexican government to settle there. It was Mexican when they declared their independence from Mexico. The U.S. considered the land to Mexican enough to fight a war over it. They took claim over it after they signed a treaty with the Mexican government. The U.S considered Mexico the legitimate owner of the land.

Now, if we want to discuss how the U.S. government treated Native Americans and their land, we can begin with the Cherokee Nation being expelled from their nation. The U.S. expansion to the West is one of the most shameful, crooked episodes of U.S. history. Maybe only slavery tops its immorality.

Lets not forget that the Pilgrims were the ultimate illegal aliens. Not only they did not ask permission to the native and rightful owners, they stole their land and kill their nation.

On another note, I am very happy for you to get to go to Greece! I wish I could go there myself. Please eat their delicious food, listen to their beautiful music, and do a few circle dances for me while you are there.

It is not bogus if you are an Apache who saw both the Mexicans and Americans as invaders. If fact, they hated the Mexicans so much they, sadly, tortured them to death, as they did to all of their enemies. Even if America had not taken the territory originally claimed by Spain (Europeans) the Mexicans would have had to subdue tribes like the Apaches.
The borders are as they are and we have to right to protect them from anyone who would enter this nation illegally- anyone.
Anatolia use to belong to the Greeks but Turkey is a sovereign nation and any idea of the Greeks getting Constantinople back is silly, same with the American SW.
Now about language- I wish we spoke three languages; primary language English and then Spanish and French. I enjoy hearing other languages but English for unity should be the primary language. Spanish should be encouraged and taught as a second language.
It is sad what happened to the Indians and your are right the Pilgrims could be seen as illegal or invaders but so were the Spanish.

It is still up in the air but Greek food sounds good to me now- lunchtime!!

Edited by eaglecap
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 17:06
I lost my post

Short version:
Mexico was the legitimate owner of the Southwest at the time of the conquest. The U.S. is the legitimate owner of the its terretories today. Just as it is ridiculous to say that Russia can invade the U.S. and take away half of its land because the U.S. had taken it away from its rightful owners, it is ridiculous to claim that the U.S. has done no wrong by taking the land of Mexico away.

No one is asking for the U.S. to return the land back. I have said this several times.

The Spaniards were terrible too. No doubt about it.

That dish looks soooo good!
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 19:17

Now you claim that you have plenty of Mexican friends. Let?s assume it is true. In what language do you speak with them? How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture?

Well, if you know anything of the forum, it is ENCOURAged by the mods to take personal problems with a PM. I will continue to talk about this topic, so don;t worry abouyt me going in to "kitchen"

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 21:51

I lost my post

Short version:
Mexico was the legitimate owner of the Southwest at the time of the conquest. The U.S. is the legitimate owner of the its terretories today. Just as it is ridiculous to say that Russia can invade the U.S. and take away half of its land because the U.S. had taken it away from its rightful owners, it is ridiculous to claim that the U.S. has done no wrong by taking the land of Mexico away.

No one is asking for the U.S. to return the land back. I have said this several times.

The Spaniards were terrible too. No doubt about it.

That dish looks soooo good!

I agree it was wrong what we did, as most conquest are. There are some radical groups such as La Raza (the race) who want to take back California and the SW. The President of this group stated that if they have to they would kill the white man to get their way. But, I do not believe the majority of Mexicans or other Hispanics would agree with them. Walla Walla has a number of Mexicans and I had the honor of knowing many. For me freindship is not based on race, I am a mutt anyway-lol. Mexican are tough but generally, from my experience, they tend to be peace loving people and just want to enjoy life. I really enjoyed my time in Mexico with the common people, avoid tourists! I do the same in Greece! We have few Mexican or Greeks in Spokane but I look forward to the Greek festival at the Orthodox Church in the Fall. I miss the great Mexican resturants in Walla Walla.

I was suppose to have a gyro for lunch but forgot. The Egyptian man who owns the stand reminded me as I walked by. All I could think of was the school's Japanese stir fry-yummmm!!

One of my major concerns about out of control immigration is the enviroment. I am an enviromentalist and it saddens me to see our forest and wildlife habitat destroyed to make room of more people, mostly Californians. I cannot stop it but I try to get active in saving wildlife habitat with the Sierra Club and National Wildlife Federation. Our cold winters keep people away but lately it has been getting milder. I like seasons though!!
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2005 at 23:34
A bill is going throuhg the house that is going ot make it impossible for Illegals to gain a driver's license in the US. It puts forth a few Federal laws making it extremely hard fo illegals to even get jobs in the US. And it fixes the border fence and patches the holes that illegals have been coming through. It basically creates a national drivers license.

Looks like a step in the right direction. If we make it alot harder to get a license here, they will have a hard time getting a job and have access to everyhting US citizens do. Hopefully this will stop some fo the flow of illegal immigration over the US/Mexican border.
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 00:27

Now you claim that you have plenty of Mexican friends. Let?s assume it is true. In what language do you speak with them? How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture? Does it offend you to see people with strong, living ethnic identity? Does it offend you hear people speaking a different langauge? P.S. I am surprise that you wanted to take this public discussion to pm with Jalisco Lancer. As the second greatest 20th century U.S. President said, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

Well, if you know anything of the forum, it is ENCOURAged by the mods to take personal problems with a PM. I will continue to talk about this topic, so don;t worry abouyt me going in to "kitchen"

yes, take your personal issues directly to the kitchen.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 09:20
Originally posted by Illuminati

A bill is going throuhg the house that is going ot make it impossible
for Illegals to gain a driver's license in the US. It puts forth a few
Federal laws making it extremely hard fo illegals to even get jobs in
the US. And it fixes the border fence and patches the holes that
illegals have been coming through. It basically creates a national
drivers license.

Looks like a step in the right direction. If we make it alot harder to
get a license here, they will have a hard time getting a job and have
access to everyhting US citizens do. Hopefully this will stop some fo
the flow of illegal immigration over the US/Mexican border.

In the right direction indeed; that is, if you want thousands of drivers with no license and no insurance. Enjoy your self-created anarchy.
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 09:32

Now you claim that you have plenty of Mexican friends. Let?s assume it is true. In what language do you speak with them? How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture? Does it offend you to see people with strong, living ethnic identity? Does it offend you hear people speaking a different langauge? P.S. I am surprise that you wanted to take this public discussion to pm with Jalisco Lancer. As the second greatest 20th century U.S. President said, "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."

This forum is the kitchen, Strategos. The heat is the response that your post have generated. If you can't deal with the natural response from your comments, don't make them in the first place.

Also, we are discussing your great knowledge of Mexican immigrant culture, which you implicitly claimed to be an expert about. I know that when people are losing a debate they tend to change the topic, but I am not going to let you off easy.

Back to the discussion. Is someone dodging questions here?

I will ask you again:

1. In what language do you speak with your Mexican friends?
2. How do your Mexican friends show no respect for American culture?
3. Does it offend you to see people with a strong, living ethnic identity?
4. Does it offend you hear people speaking a different langauge?

Also, what generation Greek-American are you? That is, if you really have Greek ancestors.
Illuminati View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 10:52

Originally posted by Illuminati

A bill is going throuhg
the house that is going ot make it impossible
for Illegals to gain a driver's license in the US. It puts forth a few
Federal laws making it extremely hard fo illegals to even get
jobs in
the US. And it fixes the border fence and patches the holes that
illegals have been coming through. It basically creates a
national
drivers license.

Looks like a step in the right direction. If we make it alot harder
to
get a license here, they will have a hard time getting a job and
have
access to everyhting US citizens do. Hopefully this will stop
some fo
the flow of illegal immigration over the US/Mexican border.

In the right direction indeed; that is, if you want thousands of
drivers with no license and no insurance. Enjoy your self-
created anarchy.

Do you ahve any idea what you are talking about??? Obviously
you don't.

you can't do anything in this country without a govt. issued ID
card. If you don't have a drivers license then you go to the DMV
and get a State ID. Its the same exact thing except it doesn't
allow ou to drive. This bill makes it so that illegals cannot get
their hands on NY FORM OF GIVT ISSUED ID. It is not about
driving a car its about obtaining a valid govt. issued ID.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>