Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Sharing: Twittering Francisco I. Madero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Sharing: Twittering Francisco I. Madero
    Posted: 30-May-2009 at 06:26
Okay, I got this project going.

The project is based on the Darwin twittering project, which is great,

CDarwin On Twitter

So I thought that I could emulate that. After talking with Mixcoatl, we came to the conclusion that Francisco I. Madero, the leader of the Mexican Revolution of 1910, was a good figure. The 100th anniversary of the Mexican revolution comes next year, and Madero is in a way the founding father of modern Mexico.

Since I don't want to be twittering for Madero, I created a ruby script to randomly pick a sentence from Madero's book, The presidential Succession. If you want to see the script, you can see it on Hugo's House of Wonder To set it off I connected a cron job to it.

The end result, at this point, is this:
Francisco I. Madero Twittering

The two issues with it right now is that the characters sometimes look messed up, and that sometimes Madero rambles on and on, twittering several tweets all at once. He was not a man of little words.

That said, reading the random quotes is strangely entertaining.

Ideally I would create a supporting site somewhere. And since I am tying it to another history-tech project that I have in mind, maybe I will actually do it

So please follow my lonely Francisco I. Madero. If you don't do twitter, you should; it is strangely entertaining.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 03:06
Looks good Hugo! I like that it's in Spanish, too Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply