Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Emperors & Lords of Middle Age Empires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mr_T View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous Emperors & Lords of Middle Age Empires
    Posted: 27-May-2009 at 15:24
I'm making a mod to Mount & Blade,which is a really an amazing game.And,the mod i'm doing contains the middle age empires,their real kings,real weapons etc.But,the mod won't tied to an obvious date.For example,it wont be the Fatih Sultan Mehmed's period,so the lords/commanders wont be the real lords/commanders of Fatih Sultan Mehmed in the game.

All Empires will have their unique heroes,kings and troops in game.For example,Ottoman Empire's emperor will be Fatih Sultan Mehmed (As he is the best known Ottoman sultan in the world) and his lords will be Kanuni Sultan Süleyman,IV.Murat,I.Selim,Barbarossa,Battal Gazi etc. ,troops will be Janissaries,Sipahis,Akıncıs,Azabs etc. And the weapons will be their known weapons.

My point is introduce the empires,their known heroes,troops,weapons each other.

And,my empires are: Ottoman Empire,France,Russian Empire,Holy Roman Empire,England,Austrian Empire.
I'm all done with the Ottoman Empire.

I need the other empires'  world known kings' (emperors') names,i will choose them to be their faction's emperor in game. 

And I need the empires' famous kings' /lords' / heroes' names.I will choose them to be their emperor's lords in game.

At last,I need the empires' unique troops' names and attributes .(Mounted,using axe,wearing a heavy armor etc.)

All I wanted are those,I have some King and Emperor names,but I dont know which one is world known,which one is very famous.So I'm not sure to put them in game.

And I can take advices about that situations.

Sorry for my unclear English,

Thanks.
fantasus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote fantasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 17:30
What about the vast Middle ages Jagiellonian Poland and Grand Duchy of Lithuania? the State of THe German Order in Baltics. Kievan Russia(some Vladimirs) and The Golden Horde (Mongolians ruling Russia), the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Perhaps one may argue That Knuts and Sweyns "viking" state of England, parts of Scotland, Norway, Denmark were a Medieval Christian "empire" (atleast when the Kingdoms off England and France counts). Sorry I do not remember so many names of rulers. There may be others, like Hungary etcetera.
mr_T View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2009 at 19:05
Well,the game may can't support all of that factions,but I will see what can I do. Wink
JRScotia View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote JRScotia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 03:14
Since England, France and Scotland never had emperors during the middle ages, I fail to see how any of them could be considered an empire. As for names, they're pretty meaningless in a list. The people who served each king were his vassals. Nor were the kings of those given to keeping a standing army which is required for unique troops names and attributes. I mean certainly Scottish schiltroms, for example, used pikes but these were citizens who served their lords not "troops" in service to some particular king.

Edit: There were kings and lords of course who always had a certain number of men in their service, of course, but these were always supplemented by levies.  Maybe someone knows of some who had some kind of special name. I know of some after the middle ages, but not during.

Edited by JRScotia - 29-May-2009 at 04:01
Saor Alba
mr_T View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2009 at 10:53
I didn't considered them as empires.They will be just countries in game.But,this is not mean they will be weaker than others.

And,about the vassal thing,I'm going to choose the most known king as it's faction's king in game.And if I won't be able to find commander/general/lord names,the other known kings will be the king's lords in game.

You know the MK vs DC Universe game ? It's going to be something like that . All factions will have their unique people in game.But,it isn't be related with a particular time.

I won't choose troops only in middle ages or in an other particular time.So,it isn't important if you give names after the middle ages. But,troops can armed maximum with muskeeters,old rifles and etc.I dont want a mounted guy who is armed by mp5's or m61's. LOL 

So,I'm able to put Napoleon in game,and I was thinking to put him as the Hero.

I'm waiting for your answers,and importance table of kings / emperors. LOL

Edited by mr_T - 29-May-2009 at 10:55
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 03:11
I will go ahead and sticky this for the time being to make it easier for anyone else to contribute. 
Majkes View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Imperial Ambassador

Quote Majkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 08:43
For Polish-Lithuanian state:
leaders - king of Poland Wladyslaw Jagiello, prince of Grand Lithuanian Duchy Vytautas, king Kazimierz Jagiellonczyk, king Sigsmund the Old, king Sigsmund August, king Jan Olbracht, king Aleksander, king Władysław Warneńczyk
army leaders: hetman Jan Tarnowski, hetman Karol Chodkiewicz,hetman Stanislaw Żółkiewski, hetman Mikołaj Radziwiłł "Thunderbold"
troops; husaria, pancerni, lisowczycy, cosacks
Hope it is enough. Person band troops comes not only from Middle Ages but also from XVI and XVII centuries.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2009 at 19:59
I hope some of you do also follow the alternative site, that was derived from this one? ON it I made a somewhat "fatal?" mistake of deighning that most of the posters were young people more interested in playing games, than learning history!

I shall not do so here!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 23:30
Mr. T. You have not included Karl Grosse a.k.a. Charles the Great a.k.a. Charlemagne?
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
blundunt View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote blundunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2012 at 13:12
Do the Byzantine,Bulgarian or Serbian Empires fit into what I already think? Yes the Ottomans did encompass all that they were and more-other Ottoman opponents were Mameluk Egypt and Persia,by the way Oh and Spain.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2012 at 19:31
Edward III and his son the Black Prince
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2014 at 22:38
Nixk 1986, What ever became of you?

Almost 8,000 postings!!!   WOW

You know, I think I have seen over the last few years, using your moniker "slayer of trolls" used again and again. So, where are you hiding now?

Ron (the troll!)

Edited by opuslola - 15-Jan-2014 at 22:40
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Yugoslav View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Yugoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2018 at 04:32
Woah, I barely recognize the forum. 
"I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
 Post Reply Post Reply