Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gotvandi (Dezfuli), Guti and Gothic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
TheNode View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheNode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gotvandi (Dezfuli), Guti and Gothic
    Posted: 06-Feb-2011 at 11:10
I've read thinking it was a recent thread, whilst half-way through I realized it was from two years ago, and that someone had resurrected it from certain death, and I feel obliged to answer, since reading it all for about 3 hours straight made be think Dead

You need to recognise the difference between discovering and inventing.

I lol'd, too true.

...however, that the Goths, a typically Aryan people, were already in existence as a great power at such an early period and actually ruling Mesopotamia...

Theres nothing typical of Goths, 'a typical Aryan people'. 

Hittites were not an Indo-European people, they only spoke an Indo-European language, there is a difference (as interpreted by Gordon Childe).

You start the thread with your typical etymological work then you provide a bunch a pictures which prove nothing.  From there you go into a discussion of art and provide this...

I really dislike when people start to do this, its really typical of Stormfront...

You can't hide your ultra-nationalism by accusing others of being Aryan supremacist, Sumer was just some kilometers west of the western Iran where Gutians lived, we know Gutians have been mentioned in the earliest Sumerian texts, so they could be even an older nation in compare of Sumerians, if it is proved that Gutians were an Aryan/Indo-European people then it won't be difficult to prove Sumerians were the Early Aryans or the primitive Goths...

I love it how you leave the analysis up to the reader, but this is quiet funny to read Sleepy

If the Goths did migrate from the south, how do they still exist? The Scythians would have chopped 'em up and made souvenirs for their grandchildren LOL Even Cyrus failed with the Scythians.

...Danish arms sport elephants and wyrms, which, since these don't live in Denmark, must mean that the Danes descend from Indians and Atlanteans.

Adding to joke list.

...for example as I said in this thread about Old Norse Tyr and Gutian Tir/Tirigan...Tir/Tyr was probably the chief god of western Iranians, who incorporated his cult into Zoroastrianism at their conversion.

It's interesting for you to mention this, to quote from wikipedia, "...It is assumed that Tîwaz was overtaken in popularity and in authority by both Odin and Thor at some point during the Migration Age...Tiw was equated with Mars in the interpretatio romana."

It would seem Tyr/Tiw(az), has dissimilar functions to Tir/Tiregan, in germanic folklore, Tyr/Tiw is, "... the god of single combat, victory and heroic glory in Norse mythology, portrayed as a one-handed man." At this point, that is all of his functions, he is also a cognate to the reconstructed Indo-European chief deity.

Upon migration, his influence faded, though it is possible the deity gained more functions. The rune associated with Tyr is the Tiwaz rune, (an arrow pointing upward), the symbol can be associated with the Oak Tree, but thats just my hypothesis.

In comparison, Tur is not a chief deity, he is merely a character from the Persian epic Shahnameh. 

The only comparison could be made, is with the deity Daeva/Div.

With the celebration of Tiregan, "Turan, who had suffered from the lack of rain, and Iran rejoiced the settlement of the borders, the peace and rain poured onto the two countries." It seems there is some function of the idea of the arrow from the sky, and the function of deliverance of rain, with lightning, and thunder (Tishtar) usually being associated with each other.

In German and Norse folklore Thor (Thunder deity/god), is associated with the oak tree, thunder, storms, though instead of shooting an arrow, he bears a hammer, and too his function is more like that of European religion, especially similar to the Slavic god Perun, (which seems to have gained function, very similar, and associated with the migration period) although Perun shoots a stone arrow instead, he is too associated with war. In function he is similar to Parjanya, although Indra holds the other functions of rainfall, storms, and war.

It is a similar theme throughout Indo-European religion, in function and symbolism.

I hope it wasn't a mind f*ck reading all that, because it sure was one writing...

Edited by TheNode - 06-Feb-2011 at 11:23
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2011 at 10:15
Thanks aleximreh! I knew nothing about Marija,her works and her premises, etc.!

Maybe I can obtain some of her books?

Thanks, again!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
aleximreh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote aleximreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2011 at 21:30
aleximreh.ro
aleximreh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote aleximreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2011 at 18:24
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I think Swastika could be originaly a Gutian symbol because the oldest ones have been found in this region.

The symbol has an ancient history in Europe, appearing on artifacts from Indo-European cultures such as the Indo-Aryans, Persians, Hittites, Slavs, Celts and Greeks, among others. The earliest consistent use of swastika motifs in the archaeological record date to the Neolithic. The symbol was found on a number of shards in the Khuzestan province of Iran and as part of the "Vinca script" of Neolithic Europe of the 5th millennium BC.

Thanks for links, but please explain the relations between them and this thread, I think in the first one you want to say that the oldest Swastika has been found  somewhere in Romania, it can be related to my previous post about Getae and Dacians (Iranian Goti and Dezi & Germanic Goths and Danes).

Yes, that was the idea.
1)  I was just looking for indo-europeans-arians in places like Arkaim, Tarim...
2)  Then I found your info about Guti/Goth in Iran, when I was actually looking for info about Vinca script.
3) Then I found a bit lower info about The Continuity Theory and I was surprised, as all that info was all along under my nose on wiki.
We all choose to believe in certain hypothesis than we try to find info supporting our 'pet' ideas.
I 'want' to believe in Alinei's theory PCT, which supports the continuity of the 'Dacians' in Romania with their language from -7000bc to +2000. We have here some good lingvistic books, unfortunately not translated in English. Download >>
When I said language from -7000 to +2000 I use the idea from the above book = the adn of a language is in grammer/syntax not in lexic/words.
PCT says that indo-europeans formed in Europe and from there they migrated south and north of Black Sea to India (and Tarim/China). 
Swastika in our land was symbol of sun at -7000, than together with indo-europeans spread all over the world. First writing was in Transylvania from there went down to Summer.
Genetics, lingvistics are the main tools to study very old history, certain things like swastika or knotting our shoes models/fabrication or patterns on fabrics can be used also.
Of course 'to believe' thas not mean here that I  am convinced and that I am not open to any other possibility. 
For us in Romania everything starts with the older theory which said that Dacians forgot their language than learned the language of Romans. That's Stupid for me now for many obvious reasons. Than again for political reasons many said for centuries that Romanians were just vlahs migrating from Balkans to north of Danube in middle ages. Fighting such ideas we now extrapolate, maybe exaggerate, PCT. 
I will not sustain, argue any idea, I just wanted to give a hint of my area of lectures. I just gather pages that I like to read for now.
I posted just to pass some info that in this respect I think is related to your discussions and everybody can take whatever from there and interpret as they like the info.
I am sure that I will come back again and again to your forum to read more. 
aleximreh.ro
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2011 at 20:03
Dear Cyrus! Often I have offered you a solution to your problems with the old smart asses of this site! But, you just do not seem able to even consider such!

As other historians and pseudo-historians like Thor Hyderdahl, have mentioned, there seems to have been a legend amongst the Norse (Vikings) suggesting that they originated in the East, and later came to the N. West! Or, that they came from the North and struck out to the East and South East, and later returned to the N. West, etc.!

For you as well as those not lamented prior enemies of you, who proliferate this very thread, it is time and space which makes one of you or all of you look foolish! That is you all depended upon the currently accepted version of the past!

Just throw out the modern "dating schemes", and assume, as has the Fomenko Group, that there exists no real evidence, in written form, concerning the ancient past before the 8th or 9th centuries CE! And further consider that the real evidence found in written form (ignoring most all of those occurences whereby "ancient sources" are merely "menioned" or "quoted" without any simblance of evidence, other that here-say, "assumption", or mostly "ancedotal", or even "forged", etc.!

But, whilst my views concerning your views are mostly in concurrence, as opposed by those long dead "friends" who ganged up on you, then you can either ignore me or follow them!

I will readily assume your intentions are more inclined towards those old enemies of yours?

I would suggest, as you tried to suggest, that "Mohammad-Ali Ramin, Presidential Advisor", etc., could walk amongst all of the nations of Scandanivia, and never be given a second look! If he was seen commiting some crime, the witnesses could only describe him as "typical!"

Regards as always!

Edited by opuslola - 07-Jan-2011 at 20:09
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2011 at 03:43
Thanks for links, but please explain the relations between them and this thread, I think in the first one you want to say that the oldest Swastika has been found  somewhere in Romania, it can be related to my previous post about Getae and Dacians (Iranian Goti and Dezi & Germanic Goths and Danes).
aleximreh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote aleximreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2011 at 22:06
aleximreh.ro
aleximreh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote aleximreh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2011 at 16:06
aleximreh.ro
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2010 at 15:42
While this post of mine should belong in the "alternative history" section, I could not help but suggest an "alternative" response!

Assuming the view of a typical believer in the propositions made by Anatole Fomenko, and company, that the Christ, what ever he was, and whomever he was, actually existed somewhere in the currently accepted dating system, as "1000 CE to 1300 CE", then any date considered as "BC" or Before Christ" must by necessity be moved upwards in time by a thousand years or more!

Actually, at times, the Fomenko Group, would suggest that certain part of our consensualy agreeded upon history should be moved closer to our current era by almost 1,800 years! (most of these movements seem to belong to certain Biblical reports however, these actions are also curently connected to parallel events in other areas.)

So, to state that something is now dated as 1,450 BCE, would, under the Fomenko theory, only remove them to somewhere in the past, which would be considered as minus 500 to -200 years "Before Christ(BC)!", which would correlate (in our current system) to AD or CE, 700 to AD or CE, to 900 to 1100 CE or AD!

I hope you are able to follow my words? (actually the words of the Fomenko Group!) In other words, the events now thought to have occured 3,450 years ago (From todays date, I.e. 2010 CE), are sometimes considered (per Fomenko) to actually have occured only about 2,650 years ago! Or at most, using our current dating system, about "650 BCE!" And by the use of the abbreviation "BCE", we would be talking about events that took place only about some period of time consuming an era only 650 years or so, before a period starting about 1,000 CE, to 1,300 CE, and by removing so much dead weight, the Fomenko Group might well assume that these events happened in our current dating system only about 650 or less, years before 1,000 to 1300 CE!

In other words, using our current dating system, the these events happend during the Middle Ages! More specifically during the Early Middle Ages!

Sorry but this entire line of thought is frought with problems of location and time!

But, certainly events like the "little Ice Age", and other weather related problems can come into the mixture!

And, indeed deep search into the very word "Goth", can lead one into a plethoria of meaning and spellings, such as "Geatae", "Geats", "Goats", etc.! One needs to be careful in staking too much in the truth, if one ignores other possibilities.
Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 18-Jan-2010 at 09:13
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 09:08
I forgot to talk about the word "Dezful" in this thread, I think there should be a reason that Gotvandi and Dezfuli are almost the same languages, as you read here:

Dezful (Dezh-pol), whose name is taken from a bridge (pol) over the Dez river having 12 spans built by the order of Shapur I.

so Dezh or Dazh could be the name of a people who lived in this region in the ancient times but I don't know Gutians and Dazh were the same people or not!

Getae and Dacians

There is dispute among scholars whether the Getae were Dacians or had some other relationship with them.

The sources from the Antiquity claim the ethnic or linguistic identity of the two people. In his Geographia, Strabo wrote about the two tribes speaking the same language.[12] Justin considers the Dacians are the successors of the Getae.[13]  ...

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2009 at 15:21
Iranians and some other nations call Germany "Alman" (Names of Germany: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Germany), as you read here, Kassite kings called themselves the king of Kassites, Padan, Alman and Guti, and you can read here the land of the Kassites, the Guti, Padan, and Alman lie on slopes of the eastern mountains (Zagros mountains).
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2009 at 17:24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berig

Berig was according to Jordanes the king who led the Goths on three ships from Scandza (Scandinavia) to Gothiscandza (the Vistula Basin).[1] They settled and then attacked the Rugians who lived on the shore and drove them away from their homes, subsequently winning a battle against the Vandals. According to Jordanes, this happened around 1490 B.C.[2]

Wasn't he the same Kassite Burig/Burigas?

A war god of the Iranian Kassites. He conquered Babylonia in the 15th century BCE. Also known as Burigas.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 31-May-2009 at 17:24
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2009 at 14:37
Would you please ignore the fictions and biased views and read what linguists say in that Wiki article about Proto-Germanic? You can read in "Linguistic definitions" section that linguistically Proto-Germanic is dated to the latter half of the first millennium BC

If in the third and second millennium bc the language left no records in Scandinavia and there is no way anybody can say it is related to the Finno-Urgic languages then it can be said about the relation with the Indo-European languages too, don't you think so?!

An invasion doesn't have to be violent, it can simply be a migration, incoming, or spread of something to a certain place with the result usually being harmful to what is already at that place.
You are right, as you read in this page of the book of "Social transformations in archaeology" By Kristian Kristiansen and Michael Rowlands, at about 1,000 BC changes in burial rites and in status display indicate some social events in Scandinavia.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2009 at 04:00
About Proto-Germanic and the corresponding archaeological record wikipedia says this:
In one major[citation needed] theory of Andrev V Bell-Fialkov, Christopher Kaplonski, Wiliam B Mayer, Dean S Rugg, Rebeca W, Wendelken about Germanic origins, Indo-European speakers arrived on the plains of southern Sweden and Jutland, the center of the Urheimat or "original home" of the Germanic peoples, prior to the Nordic Bronze Age, which began about 4500 years ago. This is the only area where no pre-Germanic place names have been found.[3] The region was certainly populated before then; the lack of names must indicate an Indo-European settlement so ancient and dense that the previously assigned names were completely replaced. If archaeological horizons are at all indicative of shared language (not a straightforward assumption), the Indo-European speakers are to be identified with the much more widely ranged Cord-impressed ware or Battle-axe culture and possibly also with the preceding Funnel-necked beaker culture developing towards the end of the Neolithic culture of Western Europe.[4][5]
Proto-Germanic then evolved from the Indo-European spoken in the Urheimat region. The succession of archaeological horizons suggests that before their language differentiated into the individual Germanic branches the Proto-Germanic speakers lived in southern Scandinavia and along the coast from the Netherlands in the west to the Vistula in the east around 750 BC).[6]
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2009 at 01:08

Ok, as you read here about the Pitted Ware culture (ca 3200 BC– ca 2300 BC) in southern Scandinavia which was contemporary and overlapping with the agricultural Funnelbeaker culture, it spoke a language related to the Finno-Ugric languages

Again a misreading by you.  What the source says is:
Originally posted by Wikipedia

Its connections with the probably pre-Indo-European Funnelbeaker culture and the probably Proto-Indo-European Corded Ware culture are debated. As the language left no records, its linguistic affiliations are a mystery. It has been suggested that it spoke a language related to the Finno-Ugric languages and provided the unique linguistic features discussed in the Germanic substrate hypothesis.
As you can see the language left no records so there is no way anybody can say it is related to the FInno-Urgic languages with any certainty, as you seem to imply above.  Notice the word suggested, that should tell you that there is no certainty to the information that comes after it, in this case that the Pitted Ware Culture spoke a Finno-Urgic language.  You might also want to read the article on the Germanic Substrate hypothesis, the whole point of the hypothesis is to explain certain elements of the Germanic Languages that are not Indo-European.  
and you can read here about the second one which was developed farming culture of southern Scandinavia, that "Little can be said about its ethnic or linguistic roots. In the context of the Kurgan hypothesis, the culture is seen as non-Indo-European."
The Kurgan hypothesis is just one hypothesis concerning who were the original speakers of Proto-Indo-European, the problem with these hypotheses in places like Scandinavia is that there is no evidence as to what languages were spoken by the people living in Scandinavia during the 3rd Millennium BC, so nothing can be said with any certainty.  There is a competing hypothesis called the Paleolithic Continuity Theory which argues a number of things as can be seen in the link.  When examining the archaeological evidence proponents note that there is a lack of evidence for a Indo-European Invasion.  About the historical reconstruction of this theory wikipedia says this:
Associated with the Paleolithic Continuity Theory (PCT) is the historical reconstruction proposed by Alinei, which suggests that Indo-European speakers were native in Europe since thepaleolithic. According to this reconstruction, the differentiation process of languages would have taken an extremely long time; by the end of the Ice Age the Indo-European language family had differentiated into proto Celtic/Italic/Germanic/Slavic/Baltic speakers occupying territories within or close to their traditional homelands. The rate of change accelerated when (Neolithic) social stratification and colonial wars began. Summarizing:[2]

1. The colonial expansion of the Celts started much earlier than La Tene and proceeded (generally) from West to East, not vice versa.
  2. The Mesolithic cultures of Northern Europe are identified with already differentiated Celtic, Germanic, Baltic and Uralic groups.
  3. Scandinavia was colonized by Germanic groups "only" after deglaciation, and was better able to preserve its original character in isolation. Germany, in contrast, suffered fragmentation as a result of the Neolithic appearance of the Linear Pottery culture, and developed a wealth of dialects.
  4. The prehistoric distribution of proto-languages akin to Italic was an important factor underlying the current distribution of Romance languages throughout Europe.
  5. The Slavic languages originated in the Balkans and became linked with the Neolithic expansion. This group would be especially identified by the Baden culture.[5]

The Paleolithic Continuity hypothesis reverses the Kurgan hypothesis and largely identifies the Indo-Europeans with Gimbutas' "Old Europe."[6] PCT reassigns the Kurgan culture (traditionally considered early Indo-European) to a people of predominantly mixed Uralic and Turkic stock. This hypothesis is supported by the tentative linguistic identification of Etruscans as a Uralic, proto-Hungarian people that had already undergone strong proto-Turkish influence in the third millennium BC,[5] when Pontic invasions would have brought this people to the Carpathian Basin. A subsequent migration of Urnfield culture signature around 1250 BC caused this ethnic group to expand south in a general movement of people, attested by the upheaval of the Sea Peoples and the overthrow of an earlier Italic substrate at the onset of the "Etruscan" Villanovan culture.[5]

So as you can see the Kurgan Hypothesis is not the only explanation as to who were the original speakers of Proto-Indo European.  PCT actually argues against the Kurgan Hypothesis and is an academically accepted alternative to the Kurgan hypothesis.

Therefore the original inhabitants of southern Scandinavia and Gotland were non-Indo-Europeans and spoke a Finno-Ugric language
As I have shown above you can't make this claim with any certainty or any high probability.  There are varying schools of thought on this subject and one school, PCT, argues that by this time (3100 BC) the people living in Scandinavia were already speaking a Proto-Germanic language, but since there is no attested language from these people no one will ever know for sure what they spoke.  
but Goths were an Indo-European people and if they didn't live there then they should have migrated from another land to this region, I didn't talk about any invasion, the migration could occur peacefully.
 An invasion doesn't have to be violent, it can simply be a migration, incoming, or spread of something to a certain place with the result usually being harmful to what is already at that place.  
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 18:24

Ok, as you read here about the Pitted Ware culture (ca 3200 BC– ca 2300 BC) in southern Scandinavia which was contemporary and overlapping with the agricultural Funnelbeaker culture, it spoke a language related to the Finno-Ugric languages and you can read here about the second one which was developed farming culture of southern Scandinavia, that "Little can be said about its ethnic or linguistic roots. In the context of the Kurgan hypothesis, the culture is seen as non-Indo-European."

Therefore the original inhabitants of southern Scandinavia and Gotland were non-Indo-Europeans and spoke a Finno-Ugric language but Goths were an Indo-European people and if they didn't live there then they should have migrated from another land to this region, I didn't talk about any invasion, the migration could occur peacefully.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 18:23

Styrbiorn, it seems that you know many things but you don't want to tell us! I have never talked about Persians in this thread and I believe there was absoultely no relation between ancient Gutians and Kassites of western Iran and Persians or even other Iranian-speaking peoples, as I said several times Iranian-speaking peoples themselves believed their original land was somewhere in the remote north and they have migrated to Iranian plateau and other regions in the Central Asia and Eastern Europe, of course there was certainly a strong cultural influence of the native people of Iran on the Iranian-speaking people after the migration, for example as I said in this thread about Old Norse Tyr and Gutian Tir/Tirigan, according to this book: A history of Zoroastrianism By Mary Boyce, Frantz Grenet, Tir/Tyr was probably the chief god of western Iranians, who incorporated his cult into Zoroastrianism at their conversion.

Sorry, I meant of course Gutians in my last post Smile
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 17:16
There was the Pitted Ware Culture, the Battle-Axe Culture, and the Funnelbeaker Culture all living in Scandinavia by 3100 BC.  There is also the Wielbark Culture and the culture found at Ajvide, Here is an article about birds and the burials found at Ajvide.  For more information of the Ajvide settlement(s) read here.  By the way I have mentioned Ajvide and the Wielbark Culture before in this thread, you must have missed it then.  As far as I can tell nobody in Europe at that time could be said to live in cities.  There's no way to know for sure what they spoke since no writing survives from that time in Scandinavia, one can only hypothesize.  What is your point, Cyrus?  Will you actually answer one of my questions for once?  How do you reconcile the fact that people have inhabited Gotland and Scandinavia since before 3100 BC?  If there was an invasion of people why is there no evidence of this invasion?  Please answer my questions!!!!!!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 16:57
Styrbiorn, it seems that you know many things but you don't want to tell us! I have never talked about Persians in this thread and I believe there was absoultely no relation between ancient Gutians and Kassites of western Iran and Persians or even other Iranian-speaking peoples, as I said several times Iranian-speaking peoples themselves believed their original land was somewhere in the remote north and they have migrated to Iranian plateau and other regions in the Central Asia and Eastern Europe, of course there was certainly a strong cultural influence of the native people of Iran on the Iranian-speaking people after the migration, for example as I said in this thread about Old Norse Tyr and Gutian Tir/Tirigan, according to this book: A history of Zoroastrianism By Mary Boyce, Frantz Grenet, Tir/Tyr was probably the chief god of western Iranians, who incorporated his cult into Zoroastrianism at their conversion.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 30-May-2009 at 16:57
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2009 at 14:23

I have some questions about Sweden, my first question is about Coat of Arms of Sweden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coat_of_Arms_of_Sweden.svg 

Was there any lion in Sweden?!

You can see the Kassite arm in this website: Cultural Heritage Luristan Website

The Danish arms sport elephants and  wyrms, which, since these don't live in Denmark, must mean that the Danes descend from Indians and Atlanteans.

I don't want to deny it, because the people could live everywhere from very ancient times, but were they a civilized people? Is there any city in Gotland from this period? Were they a Germanic-speaking people or non-Germanic?

You have no clue about the basic history of Gotland but still you know perfectly well -much better than anyone who actually studied the topic - that the Gotlanders descend from Persians?

The Gotlanders were Barbarians in the eyes of Europe until around 1000 AD. I guess that once and for all proofs that they can't be descendants of civilized Persians.

Edited by Styrbiorn - 30-May-2009 at 14:26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>