Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you party?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you party?
    Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 11:06
For quite many years, my brother and I have invited friends and family to a party at the beach every year - normally 40-60 people.
A whole pig on the BBQ, plus a lamb if we are many - a couple of party-tents, and we are all set.

The pig is ready to be carved... (me in the hat)...

The setup - and the oil drum BBQ on the right...

How do you party?

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 11:16
I just...don't. Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 17:04
How do we party?? Let see... Here is how my office had a party recently...

It's Satay!!! Yummy!!!

My colleagues  & food.. LOL

Me & colleagues .. eating..

Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 21:58
Like this

http://www.freewebs.com/dustdevil001/cat_drinking_beer_watch_tv.jpg
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2009 at 23:20

Regi - you really should - party!

Cahaya - looks great - but I don't know what it is... Shocked

Panther - I thought it would take more than a Bud Light to knock you out...   Wink
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 03:54
I never know, i am usually too drunk or high to remember.Tongue  
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 08:54
Originally posted by Northman

Nah, not much of a people-person.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 12:02
Originally posted by North

How do you party?

Not too differently from you it seems
We don't go to the beach because its too far away, and no-ones yet spit roasted anything - although we have discussed it. We usually throw lamb chops, kebabs, and sausages on the BBQ.

Plus there's no tents, because no-one has bothered with a wet weather plan here since the drought started 8 years ago.

Originally posted by Reginmund

Nah, not much of a people-person.

Yeah you gotta get one going Reg. You can consider yourself invited to my next one
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 12:43
Ah usually just sit around and have a few to a lot of drinks, maybe a bit of tunes in the background and depending on who's around we might go out and cause a bit of havoc. Haven't really been to a BBQ since my parents split up and I miss it cause I really enjoy BBQ's
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 17:36
North you know how to party!
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 18:56
Here is how we party...

Do the traditional dance (Attan):

Have some aerial shots (which sometimes act as an invitation to the foriegn troops lol):

Ron Martin, Jr., shoots an AK-47.

And have a nice meal afterwards:

Simple as that...

ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 18:58

The party is always right !!!

Edited by ulrich von hutten - 21-Apr-2009 at 19:03

Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 20:33
@ UVH
That's truely a RED hot Party.... lol

Jallaludin Akbar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Jallaludin Akbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 23:10
How do I Party?

hmm lets see...too young to drink (not that I plan to LOL), too old to play with action figures, so me and my friends usually sit back and play COD4 or a good dirty game of football Cool

oh and the food: Pizza, chicken wings, Taco Bell, the works Tongue

Edited by Jallaludin Akbar - 21-Apr-2009 at 23:13
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2009 at 02:26

Panther - I thought it would take more than a Bud Light to knock you out...   Wink

Nah. I don't drink anymore, but when i used to, it took a case of bud light to give me a decent buzz. For some reason though, it only took a six pack of Coor's to do the same! Go figure...
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2009 at 20:06
I get together with friends and we walk, get some cheap and bastardized chinese/japanese/Mediterranean food, play frisbee, build a beach fort, set something on fire, buy cheese, listen to some tunes...
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 02:19
Originally posted by Panther

Nah. I don't drink anymore, but when i used to, it took a case of bud light to give me a decent buzz. For some reason though, it only took a six pack of Coor's to do the same! Go figure...
Ha ha ha! Cheap American beer only makes me want to goto the loo often. Even Canadian beer has no effect of me, although I grew up upon Screech and Shine. So that may be the reasons. TongueConfused
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
egyptian goddess View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote egyptian goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 04:16
Partying with friends: we would generally have dinner at a nice place or go clubbing somewhere upbeat... and if I am up for it have a few drinks

with family would generally involve similar to what you have done, with a babeque, but then again I am Australian and we are famous for our "bbqs"
"Each Age tries to form its own conceptions of the past. Each Age writes the history of the past anew with reference to the conditions uppermost in it’s own time". (Frederick Jackson Turner)
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 10:31

So many ways to party Thumbs Up - and the only one I would pass up is Ulrichs - that would be spooky - all dead guys LOL

Yes, Egyptian G. and Omar, the Aussies and Americans are reknown for BBQ's, but I think we are gaining on you... - In the admin room, Seko said that my party and the party at Valhalla are one and the same.
Wouldn't that be great, then we could eat the same pig (Sæhrimnir) day after day, year after year. Smile

Gharanai, great pictures we don't see often - so the girls/women have their own party?

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 11:01
the last real party i had was at the  greek anatolian cultures and food festival in los angeles about a month ago. Lots of drink, lots of food, lots of dancing.
The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>