Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is it with the Jews ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it with the Jews ?
    Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 09:24
Has there ever been a race so more inclined to the "Eye for an Eye" syndrome ?  Have they never heard of the philosophy of "Live and Let Live" ?  Over sixty years ago a British Army war hero and SAS officer was acquitted of involvement in the disappearance of a Jewish terrorist in Jerusalem. The evidence submitted in the case against Major Roy Farran was so palpably insufficient and manufactured as to have been laughable**, but not only did Jewish terrorists then send a parcel bomb to Farran's home in England( it killed his brother Rex ), but now, 62 years later, a wealthy New York Jew is paying for another Jew (who is a private detective) to stir up the case once more, even to the extent of conducting a search for the terrorists body (which was never found) along the road between Jerusalem and Jericho ( a road which has almost certainly long been improved from the dusty cart track it was in 1947 to a three lane super highway today ). As a part of his investigations, this detective is planning to interview the remaining five members of Farran's British Police squad, a plan that sixty odd years later is hardly likely to yield any benefits, other than it states a huge amount about the integrity of those police officers who have honourably agreed to assist !   When will the Jews learn that if they wish to be accepted as equal members of the World's community, they should endeavour to subscribe to the principals of that community, one of which is certainly tolerance, and another forgiveness !

** The evidence consisted largely of the fact that Farran's hat was found near where the terrorist had been arrested. As evidence this was negated by the fact that two days beforehand Farran had taken his hat to a Jewish tailor in Jerusalem to be pressed and cleaned. Upon returning to collect his hat he was told that it had been damaged in the cleaning process and that a replacement would be supplied later. As we know,his hat was  found 48 hours later near the place of arrest.  Is it any wonder that the case was thrown out !!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 12:14
I don't actually think they are Jews, but Israelis. Do you refer to nationals of all countries by what you believe to be their race or just Israelis?
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 12:43
You have made a good point here, but in respect of this particular issue I have to say that I see no difference at all between Jews and Israelis, since Israelis who are non Jewish can be dismissed from the equation, as can Jews who don't support Israel. A good example of  Jews supporting Israel is the fact that my thread about Major Fallon was prompted by a Jewish New Yorker (i.e. an American Jew ) now funding the detective work undertaken on his behalf by another Jew (surprise, surprise ! ) investigating the alleged disappearance of a Jewish terrorist in Palestine (now Israel) over 60 years ago. For me ALL Jews, irrespective of where they live, are Israelis as a result of their race, religion or partiality.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 16:24
I doubt very much indeed that all Jews feel that the guy re-opening the investigation is doing the right thing. Or all Israelis for that matter.

If each of us was responsible for all the deeds committed by all other members of our race, nationality, religion or ethnicity, then we would all be guilty of horrific crimes.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 16:36
Originally posted by gcle2003

I doubt very much indeed that all Jews feel that the guy re-opening the investigation is doing the right thing. Or all Israelis for that matter.

If each of us was responsible for all the deeds committed by all other members of our race, nationality, religion or ethnicity, then we would all be guilty of horrific crimes.

Your point is entirely reasonable. The trouble is, though, that the general impression created by the activities of the Jews/Israelis supports my contention that every last one of them DOES welcome this investigation !  I have some very fine and much loved friends who are New York Jews and I long to meet them soon and get their opinion on the matter. However, if there are ten of 'em sitting at dinner with me when this subject is broached, I know that without doubt the best that one can hope for is that nine of them will refrain from commenting in order not to upset or offend me, until one of them decides to justify the investigation, and then they will all rally round the Israeli/Jewish flag rather than be seen NOT to !!!!!!! It is a Jewish thing !
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 17:54
Therefore not only all Muslims but also all Jews are terrorists, they should be killed in their own countries by your heroes and they have no right to avenge them!
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 18:10
Originally posted by nuvolari

Your point is entirely reasonable. The trouble is, though, that the general impression created by the activities of the Jews/Israelis supports my contention that every last one of them DOES welcome this investigation !
Have you polled all Jews?  
I have some very fine and much loved friends who are New York Jews and I long to meet them soon and get their opinion on the matter. However, if there are ten of 'em sitting at dinner with me when this subject is broached, I know that without doubt the best that one can hope for is that nine of them will refrain from commenting in order not to upset or offend me, until one of them decides to justify the investigation, and then they will all rally round the Israeli/Jewish flag rather than be seen NOT to !!!!!!! It is a Jewish thing !
What are you talking about, Nuvolari?  Jews aren't the only ones who subscribe to an eye for an eye.  As a matter of fact, the philosophy that you are attributing to only Jews is practiced through out the Middle East and other areas.  This makes it hardly a Jewish attribute.  Why is the reopening of a case so important?  People open up old investigations all the time, they use these old cases for books (the case of Jack the Ripper, a case concerning a Kennedy opened up by Marc Furman, of OJ fame, which sent the Kennedy in question to jail) is this different because it's two Jews?  If the Jews are always going to support Israel/Jews can/should two Jews ever be allowed to work/own a joint venture or even be allowed citizenship to any country other than Israel?  This is clearly an evil Jewish conspiracy to take over the world (I hope you see the sarcasm in this statement).  Jews couldn't care less about this investigation.  To be honest with you I doubt the ten Jews at your table will even know what you are talking about.  

Please refrain from talking about people is broad categories and saying things like "an eye for an eye is a Jewish thing."
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2009 at 18:30
Normally I would be outraged to see such a racist and ridiculous thread on AE, but for Nuvolari I'll make an honourable exception.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 11:01
Originally posted by Parnell

Normally I would be outraged to see such a racist and ridiculous thread on AE, but for Nuvolari I'll make an honourable exception.

It's a pity that you (and perhaps others ) see my thread as being racist, and I suppose that I cannot deny that it might be, although it was not intended to be.  My problem is that like everyone else who walks upon God's green earth, I have my likes and dislikes, and included in my dislikes are the intolerant and tyrannical ; as it happens I see ALL monotheisstic religions as falling into those categories. When one stirs into the mix the additional element of the fact that both Catholicism and Islam are presently engaged upon attacking my country and others in the World, it doesn't bring out the best in my character and temperament !    Thanks for your forgiveness, though, amigo - would that I could do the same for others !
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 11:25

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 11:28
Maybe the thead title should have been "What is it with these monotheists?"
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 12:35

Maybe the thead title should have been "What is it with these monotheists?"

That might be the title of my next thread, but the one that I posted here recently dealt rather more specifically with the Jews. This was because of the latest action taken by one of them against a British SAS WW2 hero for an alleged crime he was acquitted of over 60 years ago. Insofar as other monotheistic religions such as Catholicism and Islam, I do make my feelings known here about the former, but I keep schtuum about the latter since I am well aware just how many of 'em participate in this forum and I have seen just how unbalanced and fanatical they are.
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 12:41
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Therefore not only all Muslims but also all Jews are terrorists, they should be killed in their own countries by your heroes and they have no right to avenge them!

I'd like to respond to your comment, but I am afraid that I do not understand it. Are you, for example, asking a question or making a statement ?   Irrespective of whichever applies,your remark also seems to be rhetorical. I also suspect that you have a hidden agenda. Other than all of these (and others I am reluctant to enter into ! ), your remark is as clear as chrystal .......................which, for a website administrator such as yourself, is a great shame !
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 14:54
Nuvolari, its the title and not so much the content... How would people react if I posted 'What is it with the blacks?'
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 15:06
Originally posted by Parnell

Nuvolari, its the title and not so much the content... How would people react if I posted 'What is it with the blacks?'

Thank you, my friend, for you valued input. I can only say, though, that a negro would be unhappy, and rightly so, if he were called a "black".   But a Jew is a Jew, is he not ? and what would be his preferred title ?  There ARE alternatives, such as "Yid" and "Kike" etc., but they are offensive to me, let alone a Jew.  In the film "Withnail and I" Jews are referred to by Uncle Monty as "Israelites". I have often thought that this would be a sensible phrase to use, but I am positive that a British Jew would object to it, as would a Canadian or other nationality Jew. Not only that, but is is incorrect, so that,too, would be grounds for complaint. I do, though, appreciate your kind advice, since I was once banned (albeit temporarily ) from the Aston Martins Owners Club forum for calling black South Africans "kaffirs" in a thread of mine, so who knows where one may tread nowadays !
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 16:43
First of all Jews are not Jews... what I mean is depending of your definition, the term Jew can include most of Western Europeans or a handful of fanatics.

Then the tendency to avenge what one perceives as a wrong done against 'his' people is absolutely not limited to the Jewish people, the Sikhs are quite good at it, the Basques, the Irish, the Palestinians, etc. etc. etc.

Finally, as it was mentioned earlier, the revengeful tendency is clearly an Israeli traits (understandable considering their strategic position). In general Jews have always tended to turn the other chick (with very few exceptions such as the assassination of Von Rath in 1938). More often then not, they would simply leave, maybe to comeback later when the issues would have been settled.

Compare for instance the expulsion of the Jews from Spain and the one of the Moriscos who regularly allied themselves with Barabary pirates.

Finally (of course) any such generalisation about any people is banned to be at best wrong at worst hateful.
I am a free donkey!
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 17:04
I think that I may live to regret asking this question, but if Jews are NOT Jews, then what are they ? and, perhaps more importantly, do they want to be what you say they are not ?
Moreover, I never stated that only they are capable of revenge of the type I referred to and I absolutely accept that those races you specify are equally capable of such horrors.
Not only that,but you are quite right in stating that the Jews have been prone to turn the other cheek (and much good it has done them ! ), but no longer !  Now, however, when they fight for a land that was never theirs and one that is well contested by its rightful owners (i.e. the Palestinians ), then perhaps they should show a little more tolerance and patience, and not go resurrecting 60 year old Court cases against a British officer at a time when he and 1000's of his colleagues were attempting to be an honest broker on behalf of those who had an interest in the Middle East.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 17:24
YOu keep saying "they" when in fact you are talking about the actions of one man.  Don't generalize the actions of a race based on the action of one man, that's like saying since one Italian is a member of the mafia all are.  It's ridiculous.  You should also keep in mind that not all Jews are Israelis nor do they identify with that country, this seems to be a foreign idea to you.  As I explained in my previous post there are a number of reasons people reopen old cases.  Perhaps if the "rightful owners" and their neighbors were more amenable after the UN voted to make Israel, Israel would have been more tolerant.  There's a reason Israel is not as tolerant and patient as some would like.  The simple fact of the matter is that no Jew nor Israeli with any sort of authority/jurisdiction is reopening this 60 year old case.  The one who is reopening the case is an American Jew with no jurisdiction/authority over the case so the findings don't matter.  Please don't portray this as a Jewish conspiracy to besmirch the "good name" of some British Officer, it is merely the action/pet project of some rich person with nothing better to do.  It is not supported by all Jews, it is not known by all Jews, and it is not cared about by all Jews.  And by the way when was the last time you knew an colonial power to be an "honest broker on behalf of those who had an interest" in a certain region?  Colonial powers are never "honest brokers".
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 09:05

Apologies for failing to respond to your first reply to my thread - I overlooked it.

My thread dealt originally with the actions of one Jew, I will agree to that. I am particularly interested in that case and hoped to generate some replies to it. However, very rapidly my original thread was widened by others to include  elements such as anti-Semitism.  You criticise me for using the term "they" when in fact I am talking about one Jew. In reality, though, I am effectively talking about ALL of them but did not wish to make my thread be so overtly anti Jewish. The actions of the one has long been echoed by an attitude of vengeance that seems to permeate ALL Israelis and this goes back many years and this tarnishes ALL Jews. For instance, when Jewish terrorists killed many innocent people by blowing up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem sixty years ago, the British authorities, arrested, tried, convicted and lawfully executed a number of the guilty Jewish terrorists - this was entirely in accordance with the rule of International Law. What was the response of the terrorists ? - they captured and hung a number of British soldiers ! - what is this if not an eye for an eye ?  Similarly, over the intervening years there has been dozens of instances of Jewish vengeance perpetrated on others and culminating in Israel invading or destroying a series of other Middle Eastern countries, because either a couple of Israeli infantrymen had been kidnapped or something else relatively trivial. Even the recent destruction of Gaza by the Israeli forces ( who used children as human shields ! )arose over the firing of rockets into Israel and only a relatively small number of Israeli deaths arising therefrom. What makes Israelis believe that that the loss of one Israeli life can onlyt be paid for by the spilling of the blood of many of those who oppose them ? When the IRA used Eire as a base for raiding into Ulster and bombing and killing British citizens, did Great Britain send its army into Eire to destroy it ?  No ! Great Britain used due process and diplomacy to resolve the issue - finally accepting into Government some of the murderous terrorists in order to permit the rule of democracy. This is the point I wish to make and one that perpetually escapes the Israeli government who will never find peace as long as they continue to apply the policy of an eye for an eye.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 20:46
Originally posted by nuvolari

Apologies for failing to respond to your first reply to my thread - I overlooked it.

My thread dealt originally with the actions of one Jew, I will agree to that. I am particularly interested in that case and hoped to generate some replies to it. However, very rapidly my original thread was widened by others to include  elements such as anti-Semitism.  You criticise me for using the term "they" when in fact I am talking about one Jew. In reality, though, I am effectively talking about ALL of them but did not wish to make my thread be so overtly anti Jewish. The actions of the one has long been echoed by an attitude of vengeance that seems to permeate ALL Israelis and this goes back many years and this tarnishes ALL Jews.

YOu're being ridiculous here.  The actions of one, especially in this case, do not equal the actions of All.  It should also be noted that you titled your thread "What is it with the Jews?" if that doesn't tell you intentions I don't know what will.  As I said in previous posts ALL JEWS don't subscribe to your theory of Jewish vengeance.  All Jews are also not Israelis you seem to miss this point.  Please keep your anti-semitism to yourself.  If you have an issue with Jews or Israelis that is founded on sound logical reasoning then by all means express such thoughts, but if you are going to talk about groups of people in broad generalizations and stereotypes please stop.  I will also remind you that posts need to be in compliance with the Code of Conduct.  I will refer you to CoC VII.B.5-6
For instance, when Jewish terrorists killed many innocent people by blowing up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem sixty years ago, the British authorities, arrested, tried, convicted and lawfully executed a number of the guilty Jewish terrorists - this was entirely in accordance with the rule of International Law. What was the response of the terrorists ? - they captured and hung a number of British soldiers ! - what is this if not an eye for an eye ? Similarly, over the intervening years there has been dozens of instances of Jewish vengeance perpetrated on others and culminating in Israel invading or destroying a series of other Middle Eastern countries, because either a couple of Israeli infantrymen had been kidnapped or something else relatively trivial. Even the recent destruction of Gaza by the Israeli forces ( who used children as human shields ! )arose over the firing of rockets into Israel and only a relatively small number of Israeli deaths arising therefrom. What makes Israelis believe that that the loss of one Israeli life can onlyt be paid for by the spilling of the blood of many of those who oppose them ?
 1. Incursions into neighboring sovereign territories is an act of war.  People coming from say Lebanon into Israel to take Israeli soldiers and kill others is an act of war; one, which I might add, under international law is allowed to be countered.  

2. Terrorists are fanatics.   

3. You also fail to realize that eye for an eye is not an exclusive Israeli/Jewish practice.  I am by no means an expert in Sharia (Islamic) Law, but I seem to recall the practice of an eye for an eye in this Law practice.  When dealing with people who understand that philosophy a group needs to take up a philosophy that its neighbors understand.  This is not a hard concept to understand.

When the IRA used Eire as a base for raiding into Ulster and bombing and killing British citizens, did Great Britain send its army into Eire to destroy it ?  No ! Great Britain used due process and diplomacy to resolve the issue - finally accepting into Government some of the murderous terrorists in order to permit the rule of democracy. This is the point I wish to make and one that perpetually escapes the Israeli government who will never find peace as long as they continue to apply the policy of an eye for an eye.
Again different circumstances.  You need to look at the overall cultures of the area/conflicting parties.  If the prevailing cultures of the surrounding territories adhere to an eye for an eye and only understand violence and feud, then don't you think the other party to the conflict will have to start thinking in the way of that philosophy?  

Stop trying to represent the actions of one person as indicative of the entire race, as I said before, it's like saying since one Italian is a member of the mafia, ALL Italians are members of the mafia.  The actions of one member of a group are not indicative of the actions/thoughts of the entire group, it's that simple.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>