Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who collects comics here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which is your favorite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [66.67%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who collects comics here?
    Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 09:34
Sounds promising, Afghanan. Unfortunately American comics are harder to find online as they aren't fan-translated.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2009 at 18:56

I have the first punisher comic and the second one as well. I use to go around in the 90's buying first eidtion comics which also include some DC, Marvel and Dark horse comics. I also have the first Alien and Alien vs. Predator. I have photographed some of my comics so as soon as I can download it onto the CD I can make the attempt to put them here.

My favorite is an old 60's comic I came across- Marvel ocmics Wonderman. Ssdly, the character dies in the first issue so apparently it did not go anywhere till... in the 90's Marvel published, What if Wonderman had not dies.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2009 at 17:30
Originally posted by Reginmund

Sounds promising, Afghanan. Unfortunately American comics are harder to find online as they aren't fan-translated.

I would suggest buying it.  It is only $10 American.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 17:26
I collect some comics...

Shin Chan - I have a quite number of this comic as my collection.

I have most of the Shin Chan the Movie collections. Really cool Big smile

Dragon Ball - My first and only complete comic collection.

Samurai X - I only collect a few of this comic. I think the animation version is better.

Naruto - Same case as Samurai X. I bought only few of this comic. Prefer the animation version. Have the 1 - 3 season CD collections. Anybody who has other seasons? Like to share?? Tongue

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2009 at 20:26
I have this one in my collection

MARVEL_COMIC_BO...75.JPG

also these two

By DaddyNewt on Flickr

By DaddyNewt on Flickr
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Mayra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mayra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2009 at 01:31
I am partial to Zap Comix with R. Crumb...very funny
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
" I have no particular talent. I am merely inquisitive". Albert Einstein
Zaersha View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Zaersha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2009 at 02:44
I collect Teen Titans comics Old and New.  I love most of DC comics.  Though I'm not really current with anything other then Teen Titans :)

I'm not a huge fan of Manga compared to Anime, but I do have the complete Manga series of Escaflowne and Cardcaptor Sakura :D

~Zae
Rubedo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Rubedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2009 at 03:00
About twelve years ago, I used to have every number of ''Mikijev Zabavnik'', (a children's magazine full of Disney comics; today I read ''Politikin Zabavnik'' - more educational, but with less comics, including the short ones, like ''Garfield'' or ''Hägar the Horrible'' and longer ones, who are usually divided into 4 or 5 chapters, but sometimes are really good like Goscinny's ''Iznogoud'' or Marini's ''Le Scorpion'': http://www.le-scorpion.com/ ...set in the 18th century Europe, mostly Rome; also, there was once a really excellent one about ''Divina Commedia'') ''Asterix'' and ''Lucky Luke''. ''Asterix'' was actually one of the things that made me like history, but dislike Rome, even to this day. There was also a series of excellent historical graphic novels, but somehow I was able to find only two, one about life of Alexander The Great, and one about Odysseus. I also absolutely loved ''Conan The Barbarian''.

Today, I like reading ''Corto Maltese'', Neil Gaiman's ''The Sandman'', Frank Miller's ''Sin City'', and a bunch of other stuff.

I read manga too, like ''Naruto'', ''Kurokami'', and especially ''Historie'' (about Eumenes, somebody already mentioned it).

You can find it here, together with lots of other mangas.

http://www.onemanga.com/Historie/

Although, it's coming out rather irregularly. For instance, I just noticed that the new chapter came out.

I used to read superheroes comics too, but somehow I don't really like superheroes anymore.

I don't know if someone here has ever heard of, but there used to be a couple of Italian comics who were extremely popular in the former Yugoslavia, like ''Martin Mystère'', ''Zagor'', and especially, ''Dylan Dog'', and ''Alan Ford''.

http://privateaddison.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/dylandog2.jpg

http://pixhost.eu/avaxhome/2006-11-24/AlanFord_041_orig.jpg

Recently, I started ''Bič Božji'' (The Scourge of God). Graphic novel, made by a French Valérie Mangin, and a Serb Aleksa Gajić. It's basically Huns and Romans in outer space.

http://heavyink.com/images/covers/NOV08/MNOV082346.JPG

http://image-7.verycd.com/b17fb3eace1989788b8265bcd040aced120464(600x)/thumb.jpg

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/scourge01.jpg

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 19:07
Peder Madsens comic books about the old Norse gods, Valhall (Valhalla), are very good, I have the first ones and I plan too get the whole series. :

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 20:35
I have numerous first timers from about 1993-94 so I will check eBay and see what they are worth and may sell the ones who bring a good price but if the price is too low then I will hold on to them longer. I have a really old Marvel which is only is good condition and not mint. I the first and last Wonderman- he dies in it.

I once met someone who told me he had original DC and Marvel comics from the late 30's and 40's such as the first Super man. He went into the military and begged his mother not to throw them away but she did not listen and threw them in the trash bin. I hope someone retrieved them. I wish I could go to a garage sale and buy old comics like this from some clueless person-

Someone I know has some Marvel comics from WWII and they really demonized the NAZI and Japanese enemy. The Japs always had buck teeth and slanted eyes but this comic lost its cover so it was worth nothing. Without the original cover comics are not worth anything at all.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2009 at 18:21
While I do not have any mint condition comics, and my mother did indeed give all of my collection of comics from the 1950's and 60's, to my young cousins, except for a few she did not find. Thus I do have a few that may be worthwile, like some "BlackHawk", issues, some "Looney Tunes", an some specialty commics. But, alas my best were given to a garbage dump in Memphis, TN.

But, eventhough my dear mother threw away hundreds of my baseball cards, I did manage to hide a few from her.
Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 25-Dec-2009 at 16:01
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2009 at 07:39
Most of my Baseball cards made it [I have a few beauties that will someday go at auction]Big smile.

When I was 10-12 my grandmother gave me all of my uncle's comics.  He had gone into the Navy in 1954.  I had 3 of the initial Superman set of 6, as well as most of the WW II comics. [Capt. America etc.] I had a complete set of Sgt. Rock Easy Co. from 1952 to 1962.  My mother tossed the entire collection when the family moved from the farm while I was in college.  I have never had the courage to tell her what she had done, even in 70 it had an approx. value of about 30,000.Cry
Oh well.Ouch

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2009 at 16:03
Dear RC,

It seems that together we might well have had a show-piece collection? Bless our mothers! They just saw junk!

Have a blessed Christmas!
Arkhanson View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Arkhanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2009 at 03:11
Mostly I am collectin the itallian comics( fumetti)e tex and ken parker

it is a good example for itallian western comics:D and also collecting some comics like sandman

Edited by Arkhanson - 26-Dec-2009 at 03:17
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2010 at 17:52
I was more into Aquaman, and Elastic Man (or Plastic Man) as well as Wonder Woman and her invisible aircraft!

Perhaps that is why I was also a SciFi fan?

I just wonder why the TV network dropped the abbreviation?
Regards,
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2010 at 18:13
It seems, that by the virtue of me being older than almost 90% of the other members of this site, that I win by "the write in vote!" Laugh!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12