Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

..Bands you Dislike....???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Online Status: Offline
  Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ..Bands you Dislike....???
    Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 16:38

Ugh, yeah, talent shows have always been banal but the Idol shows really go too far with it.

Turkish pop? Never heard it ... the little music coming out of the Middle East that I've heard (traditional or otherwise) sounds pretty good to my ears, usually, but it's extremely obscure where I am.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 17:59
Originally posted by edgewaters

Originally posted by cahaya

Why? What's wrong with greenday? It's a cool band.. no doubt..

Yeeugh! Pretentious popstar candyfloss. 

Green Day is to the roots of its genre what Bon Jovi is to Black Sabbath.

Speaking of really awful music and vocalists who sound like strangled cats, there is Rush.

At least the music can be absorbed without harm to a person mind.. rather than some incoherent and chaotic sounds by the metal bands or heavy metal bands (or what ever s*** they call), which can not be considered as music at all. If Greenday is a popstar candyfloss then a candyfloss it will.. whtever..
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 18:35
Lawrence Welk is my all time favorite- especially the bubbles

I watched reruns once and that was enough-

Edited by eaglecap - 20-Feb-2009 at 18:37
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 19:56
i dont like Radiohead..
ok.. kill me now if u wish...lol
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 20:10

i dont like Radiohead..

The big question is, how can you even call that drivel "music"? LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 20:12

i dont like Radiohead..

...another good choice Cahaya, a band deemed to be soooo cool they are almost freezing...the darlings of the music media.....i mean how on earth can anybody dislike this band..eh...eh??????Wink....this band and The Ting Tings are almost hallowed ground among most students at my university.....but lets face it, they have made some pretty poor noise...although i did like Street Spirit....Embarrassed..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 20:15

incoherent and chaotic sounds by the metal bands

"incoherent and chaotic"....which was pretty much me when i was a rootin' tootin' metal head....!!!..but i guess that was the point...who wanted to be cool anyway....!!!!Evil Smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 03:34
INXS?? After Rock Star - INXS then what? Nothing..
Dont like the band anyway..
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 04:35

This pretty much tops my list of really, really, really bad bands.

Edited by edgewaters - 21-Feb-2009 at 04:36
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 05:01
Look at that "vintage" cover shot. Cool
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 05:09
so..... 80s.. the shoulder pads can never get bigger thn that..
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 08:49
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

i dont like Radiohead..

...another good choice Cahaya, a band deemed to be soooo cool they are almost freezing...the darlings of the music media.....i mean how on earth can anybody dislike this band..eh...eh??????Wink....this band and The Ting Tings are almost hallowed ground among most students at my university.....but lets face it, they have made some pretty poor noise...although i did like Street Spirit....Embarrassed..

Come on... Admittedly radioheads new stuff is a little... 'seeya', but their older stuff is and was quality?
DesertHistorian View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote DesertHistorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 02:29
Green Day can't seem to decide if they are the Sex Pistols or the Ramones, and they are not anywhere near raw or edgey enough to be the Sex Pistols and they lack the talent and imagination of the Ramones.
Just a bunch on new generation wannabes looking for a place to wannabe.

Last of the great rockers: Frank Zappa
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 04:00
I like Zappas solos 
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 05:28
I strongly dislike the Jonas Brothers. That is, if you stretch the definition of band to them.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2009 at 10:11
Originally posted by Knights

I strongly dislike the Jonas Brothers. That is, if you stretch the definition of band to them.

totally agreed Dead

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2009 at 13:20

I don't think feces can be considered a band.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2009 at 13:23

..you know, i have never heard of The Jonas Brothers before now, and from what i gather from the posts, i won't be listening to them in the near future!!...that bad eh?

pebbles View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2009 at 13:39

Huey Lewis And The News really sucked.What was this band's music genre Confused ??

Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2009 at 14:22

U2!! Also Sting...I never got what was so great about them.

Theeen a few whole genres, like hip-hop...but OK, let's skip what obviously is not music.

Actually, I like early Bon Jovi, their songwriting was much better than most of the hair bands. But I don't get Twisted Sister and Poison for instance. Metallica is a bit overrated, too, but they were really good in the 80s.

The Jonas Brothers are obviously that kind of idiots from whom everyone with at least some musical hearing gets headaches. The same about Tokio Hotel.

Could anyone explain me why the hell so many like Rammstein??

Yeah and Kurt Cobain...hardly a guitarist, though worshipped by too many.

And what's the deal about that who New Wave of American Metal - System of a Down, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot...?!?!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>