Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why people love kissing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why people love kissing
    Posted: 15-Feb-2009 at 16:26
I thought about putting this in science, but since Valentine's Day was yesterday, and kissing is a little fun, I figured I'd put it in the Tavern! Besides, people usually get drunk in taverns and are more likely to kiss more, right?

Originally posted by Kisses unleash chemicals that ease stress levels

]

CHICAGO – "Chemistry look what you've done to me," Donna Summer crooned in Science of Love, and so, it seems, she was right. Just in time for Valentine's Day, a panel of scientists examined the mystery of what happens when hearts throb and lips lock. Kissing, it turns out, unleashes chemicals that ease stress hormones in both sexes and encourage bonding in men, though not so much in women.

Chemicals in the saliva may be a way to assess a mate, Wendy Hill, dean of the faculty and a professor of neuroscience at Lafayette College, told a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science on Friday.

To see the rest, go here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_sc/sci_romance_unraveled

After reading that, makes you wonder how much instinct we actually rely on. We always say we are higher then other animals because of our emotions and ability to think, but it seems like just trading saliva with alil hotty is enough to effect her and my thoughts of each other. Well, if we're locking lips, change our thoughts a little further I should say?

Think about that next time you kiss, you'll be turned into a robot!
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply