Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hearts of Iron Doomsday?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Husaria View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Husaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hearts of Iron Doomsday?
    Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 05:08
Anyone play it? I got the game and have gotten my ass whooped every single time but i am slowly learning, i actually had a decent go with Romania but Russia decided to cancel our alliance and we all know how that goes....

If you have played, any tips?
"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons."
-Russian military doctrine.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 09:44
I almost always get my ass whooped because I always play as either Romania or Czechoslovakia. Playing with Romania you should ally with Germany and built the field fortifications on those two provinces bording with USSR. Czechoslovakia is doomed from my expierience, the only chance is to ally with Germany in some way too.
Currently I am modding in new faction called Baltic Confederation (compromised of Prussia, Lithuania, Latvia), I keep tech teams realistic, and will see how it goes in war against USSR.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 14:41
Moved to Gaming and Information Technology
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2009 at 20:04
i haven't played it in a long time, but there will be HoI3 in half a year or so.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2009 at 04:20
^^ That I am curious to see.  Something like 10,000 land provinces?  Very curious to see how that is done, it could be simply amazing.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2009 at 18:51
well you can check the weekly developer diary on their official forums. some things i like, some new features i'm very sceptical of to say the least...
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 14:31
Ok... where do u get Hearts of Iron 2 I have looked almost everywhere.
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 16:24
Originally posted by Sun Tzu

Ok... where do u get Hearts of Iron 2 I have looked almost everywhere.
gamersgate.com

You can buy and download any Paradox games there.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 18:11
a beta patch 1.3 has been released which will fix virtually every remaining issue, this is really great news. btw anyone who has HoI2 please PM me. in teh German version the leaderheads of soem Nazi guys have been removed and it looks really dull having only black shilouettes instead...
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 18:49
Is this worth getting? Whats it like compared to Europa Universalis?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 20:01
the militaryand technology aspects are more complex, other than that it's quite similar. if you like ww2 it's a must-get.
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 23:58
Ah I've been meaning to play this game as it sounds good overall!
Duke of Parma View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Duke of Parma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 01:28
I got it a few months ago and I really like it, even though I still prefer EU3. I had an interesting game as Republican Spain where the Civil War never happened. I joined the Allies and annexed Portugal with its colonies, so when the Germans ran me over I could survive. D-day never happened and the Soviet Union ended up liberating Europe but keeping France and Italy and setting up puppet states in the rest. Except for me. They kept northern Spain, but World War 3 broke out between Allies and Communists and I was able to beat their armies and retake everything and invade Southern France. After a few years of deadlock the U.S. landed troops in France and started liberating Europe, with my help. Unfortunately the game ended before we could beat the reds. Towards the end of the games I finally got the U.K. to give me Gibraltar back, so I ended up with a unified Iberia. It was a great game, and very interesting.

Edited by Duke of Parma - 27-Feb-2009 at 01:29
"The people were not made for the sake of the prince, but the prince for the sake of the people."
Philip II of Spain
Nickmard View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Nickmard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2009 at 16:57
Takes a VERY long time to learn how to play this game correctly. I good game to learn how to play if you dont mind loosing many months of your life!

Not worth playing without Doomsday armageddon
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2009 at 05:20
I've been playing this for quite some time now. Great game, very time consuming though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply