Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Al-Jahiz: Superiority Of The Blacks To The Whites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al-Jahiz: Superiority Of The Blacks To The Whites
    Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 04:53

Al-Jahiz (in Arabic الجاحظ) (real name Abu Uthman Amr ibn Bahr al-Kinani al-Fuqaimi al-Basri) (born in Basra, c. 781 – December 868 or January 869) was a famous Arab scholar, believed to have been an Afro-Arab of East African descent. He was an Arabic prose writer and author of works on Arabic literature, biology, zoology, history, early Islamic philosophy, Islamic psychology, Mu'tazili theology, and politico-religious polemics.

Al-Jahiz (776-869): Al-Fakhar al-Sudan
min al-Abyadh (Superiority Of The Blacks To The Whites)

In the name of the Almighty, Merciful God; May God protect and keep you; let He make you
obey Him and make you part of his favorites. You mentioned – may Allah protect you from
deception – that you read my treatise (kitab) on the refutation of the pure Arabs to
those of mixed parentage, the replies of the mixed ones and the answers of their maternal
uncles. But I did not mention in it anything about the boasts of the Sudan. So know, -
may Allah preserve you – that I postponed that intentionally. And you mentioned that you
would like me to write to you the boasts of the Sudan, so I have written what I recall of
their boasts. Al-Asma'I said : Al-Fizr, a slave of the Fazara, who had a pierced earlobe
is known to have said: Harmony arrives quickly in the creation. Because of that goats
stay away from the sheep as long as there are goats around. The lamb avoids the
predators, and also does not feel close to the ones with big hoofs. Abu Zaid al-Nahwi
recited the following verse: Without harmony, man perishes. Saddad Al-Hariti - with
erudite eloquence - tells: “I requested from a black slave of the desert steppe:

-To whom do you belong, O Black one?
-To the Lord of Hadr (sedentary settlement), O Bald person.

http://www.marcusgarvey.com/wmview.php?ArtID=444

http://www.geocities.com/pieterderideaux/jahiz.html

***You should have acquainted with the CoC on excessive copy-pasting. We want your opinion not pages worth of someone else's. Please inject your own opinion into the post as well.***

Edited to apply to CoC

es_bih

Edit:

^^Sorry about that, this is just usually my style of posting and I admittedly didn't read the guidelines [which is a bad habit]. Believe me, I am very opinionated as well, just look at my other posts. I was actually just waiting on a reply before I responded as I didn't know how people would respond but yea, anyways, moving on.

-----Sundiata

Edited by Sundiata - 25-Jan-2009 at 19:19
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 12:56
The poor guy was black and pobably the greatest prose writer in the Arab language, he was taunted alot for his look, he was called a Jinny by people. No wonder he has racist ideas.

Al-Jassas
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 19:28
LOL, yea, Al-JAhiz "google-eyed" is what they called him. Not to stereotype, but big bulgy eyes are usually attributable to east Africans from the horn. I wonder if he was part Ethiopian? I read that his grandfather came from somewhere near there, I just forgot. The funny thing about Al-Jahiz is that he's written some equally disparaging things about Blacks, specifically the Zanj (Swahili). I heard it stated that he was conflicted with his own seemingly African identity as well as his ties to Arabia. It was suggested that he grew bitter towards the Zanj after the Zanj revolt (869-883 AD) which left many Arabs dead (including likely some of Al-Jahiz' people) and was probably the biggest slave rebellion in history. Though this is unlikely to be the reason since he died the same year that it started. I think in many ways, Al-Jahiz was an appeaser to both sides.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 19:50
I repeat, Sandiata. From which afrocentric club do you come? Who order you to enter "All Empires"?
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 20:08
I repeat, ad hominem attacks shall be disregarded as the irrelevant taunts that they are.
Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 21:10
Sundiata, why did you post that?...... 

Is this your way of mentioning "Black Power" or something..... cause by the way,
where is this power?

Black blood was not strong enough to stop the Arab race from coming into being--it didn't save the Moors from being wiped off the planet. Nor has it stopped the slave trade in 2003 in North Africa--genocide and ethnic cleansing of "black blood" is being carried out in Sudan as we speak...nor has black blood stopped the atrocities in Brazil or made the Sicilians, Italians or Greeks acknowledge that by U.S. standards..they are all BLACK.

The thing that undermines the message of Black Power...is the self-hatred and in-action of Black people. You learned self-loathing when you got here to America.

How sad this is.

After everything that's happened to Blacks in America...to find the children running the parents...and to find 70% of black children without fathers...bling-bling and "every man for himself" now firmly replacing "it takes a village"....and everyone is so complacent, so passive. Why it's almost like the West African slave trade again.

folks standing around saying, "Oh don't worry 'bout it...just let life take its course."

You never speak of your own "culture" here in America--of which I know a lot about--but that culture is being allowed to die.

And die without any dignity whatsoever.

Edited by Melissa - 07-Feb-2009 at 21:14
Egyptian Hieroglythics in Karnak: "The Blacker she is, the more woman she is. Too much woman blocks the sun."
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 21:16
This thread has gotten little attention. Imagine the controversy if someone made a similar thread citing literature on the superiority of whites over blacks, without adding any comment whatsoever.
Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 21:27
They dont have to, because they use it in their conscious language all the time.

Did you see the "albinos under threat' thread, they came running in the hundreds to defend there white-brothas and the common consensus is "see Africans as the savages they really are"

Edited by Melissa - 07-Feb-2009 at 21:52
Egyptian Hieroglythics in Karnak: "The Blacker she is, the more woman she is. Too much woman blocks the sun."
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 21:49
Originally posted by Melissa

They dont have to, because they use it in their conscious language all the time.

Did you see the "albinos under threat' thread they came rushing in the millions to defend there white-brothas and the common consensus is "see black africans as the savages they really are"

I believe you are referring to my posts. LOL

And no, my intention was not to insult Black Africans and I never used the word "savages". If you read it more closely you will find I am merely telling people to see reality for what it is and to lay bare the hypocrisy of politically correct pseudo-intellectuals.
Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 22:03
Yes, but the responses are not "I feel so bad for those people" they're mean-sprited, "Look at what goes on in african societies! these things are widespread, i've never been there and have no idea what i'm talking about but my word is gospel cause i'm white"...

Let me point out (apparently I need to)that certain Africans groups indulge in prejudice murder to the same degree that all other cultures and peoples around the world do.

No one talks about the great, great Cannibalism of the Central Europeans or the American Indians of the WEST (California down to Baja and Texas, Arizona, New Mexico) or of the Mexican and Central American Empires----all who were arguably much more Cannibalistic than any African tribes ever were.

Of course Africans had so much more wild animal meat to eat year round---they didn't quite engage as heartily as other races did.

Especially not like those cold, frozen-in Scandinavians and Central Europeans and Russian Siberians. Who are all KNOWN flesh eaters.

But wait! only africans are capable of being "backwards"

Not like those Europeans who come to AFRICA each year just so they can have "Monkey Brains"---served hot and raw from the cracked open head of a still-alive Chimpanzee????

Uhn.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 22:15
Melissa, first you complain about mean-spirited remarks from Europeans and how they think of Black Africans as "savage", then you go on to make your own remarks that are just as mean-spirited and offensive about Europeans. I could hardly have asked for a better example of what I mean by pseudo-intellectual hypocrisy.

If you want to discuss European or American cannibalism then you should make a thread about it backed up with some sources, and not go on some emotional rant about it in a thread where it doesn't belong.
Derideaux View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Derideaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2010 at 05:18
The URL for the book of Jahiz that is given above is not valid anymore;
The site has moved it is now at:
And Al Jahiz can be found on:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2010 at 15:34
Do you intend for another version of the inuendo and weirdness that preceeded your post? You did note that the last post here besides yours was about one year ago? And all of posters from that time are either dead or now posting on a competing site!

So, if you have anything new to say, then please say it!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 20:36

It's a pity that the misnomer 'african american' has become the pc word for black, or negroid. The fairly large majority of africans are caucasion or arabic. What is the pc term for an algerian living in the usa or europe? This causes a lot of confusion where conversations about african history are mixed up with eroneous racial ideas. Pardon the bold type, i think this site doesn't care for my browser.

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 23:52

Africa is just a continent, most blacks live south of the sahara desert, while sahara itself is populated by berbers who are totally caucasian and many of them are actually pure whites who could easily fit in europe. Most real arabs are actually (brown) race who look similar to north indians in looks.

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2010 at 09:09
Originally posted by balochii

while sahara itself is populated by berbers who are totally caucasian and many of them are actually pure whites who could easily fit in europe.

Berbers do not live in the Sahara.  Rather, they live in the high mountains of Algeria and Morrocco with a few in Tunisia and perhaps Libya.   The people in the Sahara are Tuareg (darker complected, but not as dark as sub saharan Africans).  They are found in Mali, Niger, south Algeria etc. .   You are right about Berber complection though.  I once met a Berber who was not only blond but his eyes (green) had the characteristic features seen roman sculptures.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2010 at 16:35
Just why, if one follows our traditional chronology, can we not figure that these people (the Berbers) are not merely the result of hundreds of years of occupation of N. Africa by the following groups;

The Phoencians
The Greeks
The W. Goths (Visigoths)
The Vandals
The Franks
The Spanish

Did not all of these groups at one time occupy the area?

Edited by opuslola - 11-Dec-2010 at 16:45
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2010 at 10:38
Originally posted by opuslola

Just why, if one follows our traditional chronology, can we not figure that these people (the Berbers) are not merely the result of hundreds of years of occupation of N. Africa by the following groups;

The Phoencians
The Greeks
The W. Goths (Visigoths)
The Vandals
The Franks
The Spanish

Though the Berbers have undoubtably mixed to varying degrees with these groups, the Berbers go back alot further in time. They seem to be the indigenous people in the area.   
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2010 at 11:09
Eternal question:Who is elder,egg or hen?Always finish in racial waters...My personal opinion is:Those that were conquerors have left traces,but had not changed mayor DNA plan.Names we are using today do not match with DNA facts and vice versa.Main  Paradox today is:Why do  none cares about it?
Zarah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Zarah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2015 at 05:50
Originally posted by Melissa

Sundiata, why did you post that?...... 

Is this your way of mentioning "Black Power" or something..... cause by the way,
where is this power?

Black blood was not strong enough to stop the Arab race from coming into being--it didn't save the Moors from being wiped off the planet. Nor has it stopped the slave trade in 2003 in North Africa--genocide and ethnic cleansing of "black blood" is being carried out in Sudan as we speak...nor has black blood stopped the atrocities in Brazil or made the Sicilians, Italians or Greeks acknowledge that by U.S. standards..they are all BLACK.

The thing that undermines the message of Black Power...is the self-hatred and in-action of Black people. You learned self-loathing when you got here to America.

How sad this is.

After everything that's happened to Blacks in America...to find the children running the parents...and to find 70% of black children without fathers...bling-bling and "every man for himself" now firmly replacing "it takes a village"....and everyone is so complacent, so passive. Why it's almost like the West African slave trade again.

folks standing around saying, "Oh don't worry 'bout it...just let life take its course."

You never speak of your own "culture" here in America--of which I know a lot about--but that culture is being allowed to die.

And die without any dignity whatsoever.

The vast majority of the  Moors weren't  black but Caucasian Berbers with some arab admixture. Bear in mind that the native inhabitants of  North Africa were Caucasian . The black Moors were a minority of subsaharan Africans who moved to North Africa and took over the moor culture and identity. The Moors still exist in Mauretinia and Morroco and are hated by their Sub saharan neighbours because of their brutal enslavement of black Africans and the ignorant Afro-Americans praise them. Afrocentricism is a product of desperate Afro-Americans that suffer from a bruised pysche caused by slavery and a traumatic past. In General when it comes to race and history  Americans also the white ones suck. Africans for example don't identify with skin colour but with their specific tribe, ethnic group.  Afro- Americans are colour obsessed and think that everybody with brown or black skin is his ancestors. They can't even claim East Africans, the Nubians or Zulus let alone the predominatley Caucasian ancient Egypt. Africans normally don't steal the history and identity of other people and never claim ancient Egypt to be black until they get influenced by Afro-Americans and afrocentric propaganda.

Post Reply Post Reply