Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most warlike people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: The most warlike people.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [28.57%]
3 [5.36%]
3 [5.36%]
7 [12.50%]
5 [8.93%]
8 [14.29%]
1 [1.79%]
3 [5.36%]
6 [10.71%]
4 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most warlike people?
    Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 06:03

So who do choose?

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 07:34
I think spartans are the most warlike people.trained from childhood to be tough fighting machines,they were ceartainly the most warlike people.
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 10:24
I think Germans were(after many defeats they seem to have understood the value of peace) the more warlik people.Look at the history of Germany(from about 1600 on) and I doubt you'd find more that let's say 50 years of continuous peace.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 13:03

I agree on the Spartans. Truly born to fight. It was forseen to be warlike while the other cultures mentioned above either fought for survivalist causes or due to social issues alone. 

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 13:06
why? why oh why are the Slavs not an option?
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 15:41

Aztec society seems to be the most geared up for war, the whole religeon, culture and economy was based upon it.

I also read a list of every war fought in history once, the nation that had fought the most wars was England.

Italy came a close second.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 17:34
I don't know much about the aztecs, but of those i do know, I would feel the Spartans were the most "warlike". Trained and indoctrinated from birth, not too many other cultures who could say the same
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:05
These are the two I can't decide:

Spartans: Very atheletic citizens, strongest military in Greece.

Mongols: Every man was a warrior, each had six war horses.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Idanthyrus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Idanthyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:53
Assyrians, Scythians, Goths, Aztecs, Celts, Athenians....  ....and Canadians
dark_one View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote dark_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:59
why? why oh why are the Slavs not an option?

Slavs are pretty similiar to the Celts (at least from what I know of modern Celts and fellow Russians).  Hard choice. I didn't vote for anyone.
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 18:59
Originally posted by Idanthyrus

Canadians?!
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 19:18
Originally posted by RED GUARD

Assyrians, Scythians, Goths, Aztecs, Celts, Athenians.... ....and Canadians

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Canadians?! </span>

im pretty sure it was meant as a joke
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 22:06

Iron age Europeans were farmers not warriors.

My money's on Canadians too as a good future bet.... 

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Markolitos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Markolitos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 19:42

easily aztecs and spartans

demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2005 at 09:15

Aztecs for sure.  They fought for sacrifice so that sun would rise tomorrow.  Very warlike, and feared and hated by their neighbors.  So when Spaniards arrived, they joined against Aztecs.

Grrr..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 09:03
Germans! even before germany as a state germanic tribes had fought romans. plus germany fought against all world....no country fought with so many nations as germany...but as i see they had enough....For now! germans was underestimated after ww1...dont make the same misstake again
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 09:07
for the future i go for Vatican they have enormous soldier: civilian rate 1:9 this is the most militaristic country
Idanthyrus View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Idanthyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 19:32

Originally posted by Mulder

for the future i go for Vatican they have enormous soldier: civilian rate 1:9 this is the most militaristic country

Made up entirly of Swiss mercenaries.

Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 19:57
The Spartans actually tried to avoid war.One of the reasons for King Lionidus'(I think that is how you spell it)gathering of only 300 troops for the battle of Thermopylae against Xerxes in 480 BC was because he did not want to waste his other troops.That is not warlike.Sure they were bred for war,but they barely fought.What they did was conquer smaller city states in Greece,until Athens asked for help from Sparta against the invading Persian Army led by Darius then Xerxes.The most warlike people,in my opinion,are the Chinese.Countless civil wars for unification,I mean heads literally rolled.

In Honor
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 22:04

The most warlike people,in my opinion,are the Chinese.Countless civil wars for unification,I mean heads literally rolled.

Technically, we are still in the middle of one since ROC on Taiwan and Mainland China have never signed a peace treaty.

To a certain extend, it's like history repeating itself.

When the Manchu took over the Chinese mainland in 1644, a young Han Chinese general of the Ming dynasty drove out the Dutch on Taiwan and retreated to that Island to start a long campiagn against the Manchu on the Mainland in hope of retaking the Mainland. The situation lasted for few decades when his grandson finally surrendered to the Qing.

���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>