Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just another VS thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Chomsky vs Buckley, who won?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just another VS thread
    Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 01:31
Well now Count hasn't been around, who else gonna put up some meaningful VS threads?Wink  Well here is the main event......

I also put up some names in the poll other than those two, based on some recent competitions and events in AE, and reflecting their political views, and some for just for a laugh.  You may or may not consider those other options.Smile 

It would be nice if we can discuss the debate itself a little too.  Actually if you do vote for anyone other than Chomsky and Buckley, I would love to hear why your pick is the ultimate winner in this debate.Wink  Of course, you can take this debate lot more seriously also.

http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 01:53
why am I in the list???!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 02:46

Well. this was kinda inspired(?) by Count and who appreciates him more than you do?Big smile  I thought I would mix some history and amusement(?) like Count, but if you don't like it I can fix that, actually can I?  I'm sure someone around here can

Anyway it looks like you voted for yourself and I would agree that you are one of the winners in that list.Wink   Perhaps I should have allowed multiple votes.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 08:15
Are you the reincarnation of Landsknecht Doppelsoldner ?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 08:39
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Who that?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2008 at 21:16
Originally posted by King Kang of Mu

Who that?

Then again, I am a Landshark DoppelKanger!   who loves Turkish swords?
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 00:11
I watched the debate last night when I was drunk, and honestly, I thought Buckley came off as an up his own a*se snob. They both threw in countries left right and center and I got the impression that had a distinct lack of understanding for any of the countries they were talking about. Chomsky has a tendency to talk out of his rear end about things he doesn't know too much about, and Buckley has a tendency to ignore the question and rehash the same old talking points... Pretty much like todays conservatives Sleepy

Its all moot though since I appear to be in the lead... Go me?
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 06:06

Who that?

Landsknecht Doppelsoldner was a creator of many unforgotten threads like this...

Fantasy Beast Fight #3--Korean Turtleship vs. Giant Squid!

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 11:27

Who that?

Landsknecht Doppelsoldner was a creator of many unforgotten threads like this...

Fantasy Beast Fight #3--Korean Turtleship vs. Giant Squid!

Wow, really?  I'm gonna try to find that thread!  Who won?  It had to be the Turtleship.

Quick my national pride story, Hyundai Group founder Jung Ju Young was just starting up Hyundai Heavy Industry going into shipbuilding in the early to mid 70's.  He was about to strike a huge deal with a Dutch company or someone.  But the other side questions whether Korea could take on such big projects, it was still only 20 years or so away from the Korean War and South Korea was still a sweatshop nation. 

So Jung Ju Young pulls out his wallet in front of them, then pulls out 1000 Won bill, which is about a U.S. Dollar now days.  And he shows the back of the bill to them.  Boom, there it was, the Turtleship print.  He tild them we built that 400 years ago.  He got the deal, and it was the turning point of Hyundai Heavy Industry which is now the biggest shipbuilder in the world. I don't know if it was that dramatic but an example of using History and Culture to strike a big deal.

Edited by King Kang of Mu - 20-Dec-2008 at 11:30
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2008 at 15:11
That's a neat story Kang, but I've got to go with the Giant Squid - if they can fight a sperm whale, a ship won't be much harder. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply