Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Soviet Union Post Civil War

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Soviet Union Post Civil War
    Posted: 01-Dec-2008 at 11:55
First of all, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section as it does cover more than one area. I am writing a paper on the 1921 Kronstadt Revolt and it's immediate implications. However, I seem to have picked the question where very little information is available! 

To be more specific, I'm trying to find instances of revolts or uprisings that occurred shortly after Kronstadt. I have plenty of information on Nestor Meckno's Green Army and a little on the Tambov Rebellion but little else besides that. I know there were strikes in the major cities but can find little beyond passing rerferences. All help or links are much appriciated!
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2008 at 14:29
The topic is relatively obscure.  (How appropriately academic of you Wink )

We do have a few Russian and Estonian members who might have a connection, but maybe the university history departments could be of more assistance (Oxford, London, etc.).  If you need primary sources for your paper, you may need to read Russian.

Good luck.  And don't hesitate to create a thread on the topic when you find out what you need to know.

EDIT:  Topic moved to Q & A

Edited by pikeshot1600 - 01-Dec-2008 at 17:32
mind View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2008 at 09:57
Probably, the largest revolt in 1921 took place in Western Siberia. For sources, check chapter 23 of The Russian Revolution and Civil War 1917-1921 (especially on Siberia) and the works of Pereira on page 523).

Edited by mind - 02-Dec-2008 at 09:58
Russian history blog: minaev.blogspot.com
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 12:55
I'm not sure about the uprisings that Kronstadt caused  but it caused the Bolsheviks to introduce the NEP
 Post Reply Post Reply