Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do creationist explain fossil fuels?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Philep123 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Philep123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do creationist explain fossil fuels?
    Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 07:12
Hello everyone this is my first post here
im currently doing a project on fuels for chemistry and had this question arise in my head
can anyone help me here?
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 08:41
Creationists believe that God created things out of nothing. So, not big deal for Him to create 'fossil' fuels which actually are not older than few thousands years.

I'm creationist and believe that there are not natural laws and phenomenona, everything is simulated by God, having ONLY the appeareance of causality.

Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 15:55
That's an interesting question. I suppose it would depend on what type of creationist we were speaking of. Menu has offered one possible suggestion -- I believe from a young earth perspective, but you can correct me if I'm wrong. From an ID perspective one would view them as a part of the process of the gradual development of the earth, while ascribing to them a specific function. Honestly, I've never really considered the question before, but I would say that most creationists would probably explain them in the same way that they explain other fossils.

-Akolouthos

Edited by Akolouthos - 13-Nov-2008 at 15:56
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 18:52
http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter08.html

Interesting site Menu.

What makes you say a few thousand years for fossil fuels when conventional wisdom tells you that it formed up to 300 million to 50 million years ago.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 18:58
Originally posted by Menumorut

I'm creationist and believe that there are not natural laws and phenomenona, everything is simulated by God, having ONLY the appeareance of causality.

I want what you are smoking to experience this state of "zen." LOL
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 19:22
Originally posted by es_bih

http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/story/chapter08.htmlInteresting site Menu. What makes you say a few thousand years for fossil fuels when conventional wisdom tells you that it formed up to 300 million to 50 million years ago.

This is the materialist theory conspiracy's effects. We have been brainwashed to believe this nonsense, we find this tale everywhere, is taught in school, presented in books and at tv as 'scientifical'.

Is an interesting mass manipulation phenomenon. The creationist theory is presented as naive, false, superstitious.

God doesn't need to wait millions of years to make fuels or whatever.

Edited by Menumorut - 13-Nov-2008 at 19:25

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 19:34
You are quite right after all the Flintstones said so

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 10:00
Originally posted by es_bih

I want what you are smoking to experience this state of "zen."

Me too.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2008 at 20:39

This is the materialist theory conspiracy's effects.

Oh! All these years I was under the impression that it was the Theists who were persecuting scientists, insisting that Earth was the center of the universe, burning "witches", slaughtering "native" who were not in the mood to be "true believers", claiming "god-given" truths without any scientific evidence etc.

I guess now it's pay-back time. I kind of enjoy Theists feeling persecuted, pure irony LOL 

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 05:15
Is not persecution, just brainwashing. A lie that was so much repeated that we find hard to believe something else.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 06:52
Yes Neo you are right. I take the red or blue pill?

Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 12:10
I haven't seen Matrix, I took my idea from such documentaries:

The Evolutionist Conspiracy

Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 13:46

Even the most fundamentalist of muslims believe in physical laws of nature and many even believe in evolution, although they maintian that Humans are a special case and were created by God.

Al-Jassas

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 14:04

I haven't seen Matrix, I took my idea from such documentaries:

The Evolutionist Conspiracy

All that is nice and dandy, but fossil fuels have naught to do with Evolution. There are so many other phenomenon that suggest an old world, not just fossil fuels.

The difference here is explaining things vs explaining away things.

Such as the light coming from distant objects that have had to travel for billons of years, such as geology, where some of the formation of certain rock types are reasonably well understood, and is supposed to have taken millions of years. The ice in Greenland is also very well understood, and it has been there for at least hundred thousand years, likewise the ice in Antarctica, it has been there for far longer. Those masses of Ice are not static, but moves in a way that have been measured. The various methods to determine the age of trapped air correlates 100% with the mechanisms involved, so everything suggests an old age. There are much more evidence, but it would be pointless to list it all.

So, for it to be a conspiracy, it has to be a general scientific conspiracy, not an "evolutionist" one, and it requires ALL science to be wrong for the idea of a young earth to be true.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 14:19
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Even the most fundamentalist of muslims believe in physical laws of nature and many even believe in evolution, although they maintian that Humans are a special case and were created by God.

Al-Jassas

What means to believe in the laws of nature? So those evolutionist Muslims believe that the animals and plants have a millions years history but humans have been created some thousands years ago?

Originally posted by Jams

All that is nice and dandy, but fossil fuels have naught to do with Evolution. There are so many other phenomenon that suggest an old world, not just fossil fuels.

So, for it to be a conspiracy, it has to be a general scientific conspiracy, not an "evolutionist" one, and it requires ALL science to be wrong for the idea of a young earth to be true.

Yes is nice, but also true. That documentary is about Evolutionist conspiracy but I extended the idea to all the pseudo-scientifical, materialist conspiracy. I explained in my first message that I believe that those 'evidences' are simulated, God can create any appearance.

Edited by Menumorut - 15-Nov-2008 at 14:40

beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 15:18
We see how continental plates are drifting, we see how the earth is changing. We know that there are marine fossils high up in the mounitains. We know of so many extict species. You say God made those fossil fuels? Why did he create it? We know how long it takes to produce fossil fuels from former species. Are we wrong? Does God fool us? Has he created extinct species just to led us fail to the bible? Did he create species to let them extinct? Why, just for fun, isn't it pervert? Or did he make mistakes? weren't his cretures good enough? Sorry menumorut, creationism is bloode nonsense.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 15:37
It should be an order in the material world to reflect God's rationality.

But as many other things, men turned this into a bad purpose. They started to believe the world has created itself. This is the strong delusion from 2 Thessalonians 2, 11.

Chilbudios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Chilbudios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 15:51
Menumorut, I remember you played this game on some other threads some time ago. This "all is simulation" scenario is really inconsistent when one still wants to have a reliable, external reference, in this case the Bible and some theologians.

If this god is some kind of trickster, how do you know it is not really the creationism which is false (i.e. all the alleged evidence for it is merely an illusion) and evolutionism true? Like you assume of god that he planted all the fossils, he could as well promote some fake stories and learnings, which eventually got to us in a book we call Bible? In a "all is simulation" scenario you really have no argument to argue against a theory or for a theory. All you can do is to smoke and relax! Cool

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 15:58
good question: nonsense and fairy tale is your answer.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2008 at 16:40
Originally posted by Chilbudios

This "all is simulation" scenario is really inconsistent when one still wants to have a reliable, external reference, in this case the Bible and some theologians.

If this god is some kind of trickster, how do you know it is not really the creationism which is false (i.e. all the alleged evidence for it is merely an illusion) and evolutionism true? Like you assume of god that he planted all the fossils, he could as well promote some fake stories and learnings, which eventually got to us in a book we call Bible? In a "all is simulation" scenario you really have no argument to argue against a theory or for a theory. All you can do is to smoke and relax! Cool

The only argument is the common sense. The evolutionism is absurd.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>