Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bravest people ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bravest people ever?
    Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 02:10

Edited by Capt. Lubber
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 06:32

Originally posted by Capt. Lubber

Originally posted by Capt. Lubber

Originally posted by aknc

Yeah the same old story....Brave outnumbered warriors defeated because of a traitor..... blahblahblah

Eventhough you might have heard the story before, doesn't make them any less brave. And what does the turks do, to make them so brave?

Oh, the bravest were of course the vikings

really don't know.But it sounds like the Greeks changed the facts and made it more epic than it was. mean if you look at the war stories of old times some brave strong thing is betrayed or cheated and that's why they loose. mean look at Troy...

Edited by aknc
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 16:17
Well, as they say, history was written by the winners, and that it is all but a lie we all agree on. Troy is probably very overrated, as it happened a very long time ago. When you hear of the glorious victory of the athenians, the gruesome defeat of Sparta is rarely mentioned as more than an after thought.
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
Hardel View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Hardel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 07:10
Of course Mongolians.Because too few soldiers(about 123.000)conquered mostly parts of eurasia and dominated during 150 years.
blitz View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 11:28

Chinese are the bravest people, because they eat all living beings like worm, cockroach, scorpion, fly, butterfly, locust, frog, rat, cat, dog and donkey without fear!    

I think that is why the chinese have very ugly teeth.   

Edited by blitz
Road to wisdom: err, err and err. But less, less and less!
Sarmata View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote Sarmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2005 at 13:04
I agree these are gonna be biased opinions..including mine..
the Polish too many times have they been outnumbered and still ended up with victory, even look at WWII it almost seemed like it was the world against Poland, even it's allies stabbed them in the back. But look at the uprising of '44 and Monte Cassino. also battles like Somosierra or Kircholm, Kluszyn.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 08:35

I have deep admiration for lithuanian bravery in the past but i cant say that we are bravest ppl at moment .Our army probably wouldn't shoot a bullet for it's motherland in face of danger...everybody would rise their arms and go home under beautiful white flag:0.....

i love my country but this is reality...even the forever mighty germans and jepanese...had had enough of wars they look very calmly by now

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 11:53
Heres my choice, feel free to add or rearrange

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 12:00
That is a fine list but why are Arabs on?
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 12:51
Well at one time the Arabs were brave enough to conquer most of the Middle East, North Africa and half of Asia upto India/Central Asia.

They also toppoled the Persian Empire, and conquered all of the Byzantian provinces in the Middle East. In North Africa and Spain Arabs reached as far as Southern France, and on the otherside of the world as far as India and Central Asia.

in other words they conquered from Spain to India, in my book that gets a bravery tick
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:48

Originally posted by wiseking

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

British? Are you joking, or being sarcastic? No offense, but I think in a poll of "the most coward and sneaky people ever", they would be on top of list.

They even didnt fight in their armies. Their colonial slaves or dependent civilians fought for them. Some of their commanders were gambling in their super lux warships when Anzac soldiers were fighting for nonsense British. You should have a look at history, and watch the movies "Braveheart", "Gallipoli" and another movie (I couldnt remember its name now) about their "brave" battle with "Zulus".

Americans? Bombing civilians shows how brave they are. Their bravery is only enough to throw bombs from air. Bravery shows itself in a battle of teeth to teeth, like the war of Vietnam.

Arabs can be brave when they are provoked by a sneaky British...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:57

I call bravery to fight for your beliefs, honor and independence like a man. I call braveary to run against enemy when you know you'll die. Bravery is to sacrifice yourself in the name of your nation and beliefs. But to fight with your honor.

So I can list some of the bravest nations in history:

Turks

Japanese

Mongols

Tatars

Scottish and Irish

Zulus

American Indians

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 13:58
Every country has it's examples of bravery,other big, other small.The truth is that bravery is not only related to battles but also to our everyday life.Some things need the same bravery as the one in battle. 
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2005 at 22:27
I agree
The American Indians
The Turkic tribes
The Kelts
The Germanic Tribes
The Mongols and Huns
the Greeks, espcially with the Italians and Germans
the Romans
the iberians
and Pee wee herman -
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 03:44

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

well this is not a bravest-people list obviously, it is a once-successful-people list.
U put Israelis, Arabs and British among Germans, Japanese, Mongols, etc?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 05:00
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

1. Spartans
2. Mongols/Tartars
3. Germans
4. Ghurkas
5. British
6. Americans
7. Israelis
8. Japanese
9. Turks
10. Arabs

British? Are you joking, or being sarcastic? No offense, but I think in a poll of "the most coward and sneaky people ever", they would be on top of list.

They even didnt fight in their armies. Their colonial slaves or dependent civilians fought for them. Some of their commanders were gambling in their super lux warships when Anzac soldiers were fighting for nonsense British. You should have a look at history, and watch the movies "Braveheart", "Gallipoli" and another movie (I couldnt remember its name now) about their "brave" battle with "Zulus".

Americans? Bombing civilians shows how brave they are. Their bravery is only enough to throw bombs from air. Bravery shows itself in a battle of teeth to teeth, like the war of Vietnam.

Arabs can be brave when they are provoked by a sneaky British...

Yes I agree the British are not one of the bravest(In fact they are one of the most cowardly)

Edited by Gazi
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 05:17
Wel said
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 11:04
The Portuguese. Because they have to live in Portugal.
Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 11:06

Originally posted by Gazi

Yes I agree the British are not one of the bravest(In fact they are one of the most cowardly)

And where is this evidence of English cowardice, pray tell? 

Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 17:04
Originally posted by Degredado

Originally posted by Gazi

And where is this evidence of English cowardice, pray tell? 

For example at the battle of Albuera in Spain during napoleonic wars single regiment of polish lancers made thousands of brits run away. British officers reported that brigade of polish cavalry was attacking them while it were only about 500 lancers (1 regiment). Poles in this battle took 5 colors of british regiments.

Battle of Fungirola also in Spain, 1810, 300 polish infantry attacked 1200 british, 1000 foreign and another 1000 spanish soldiers who after night battle run away, captured british commander general Lord Blayney (his saber is still held in Poland) and all the british canons. Brits had also warship Rodney and 2 or 3 frigates which all together had over 100 canons. Polish captains Bronisz and Mlokosiewicz defeated british general and his army being outnumbered 10:1.

I only dont know why in the most of statistics the battle is counted as French victory while there were only Poles, 11 french husars and 2 polish officers playing the role of commanders.

Edited by Mosquito
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>